Maine Man racks up 1 000 000 miles on 1990 Accord...

CivicDuty2007

Your 1999 Sable should be getting close..:reading:

Only has 90,000 miles on it my friend.....the whole car is in excellent shape though...blew the head gasket last fall :ohsnap: ...just bought the parts to fix it...should hopefully get a few more years out of it....... :)

the PT Cruiser was a deal I couldn't pass up..only had 15,000 miles on it...love this car....definite keeper!!! :wub:

Still have a soft spot for Hondas here though ......Toyota, :hysterical: ........Mazda I like as well......... :shades:

Edited by CivicDuty2007

Ford has had various vehicles hit the million mile mark, there's a few F-series out there as well, I'm not even sure why this is even making news. And as for the Accord, its probably an I-4 version, because the tranny on the V6s usually die around 80K miles.

I think with proper maintenance, most modern cars are capable of hitting a million miles. Too bad so little of the population follows proper maintenance.

You have to do maintenance???

Reminds me of my wife. When I met her, she never knew you had to change brakes, oil, filters, etc.

He could be in a line of work that requires him to travel, yet is afraid to take a plane. I know my bestfriend is planning a summer trip in driving to 5 southern states in her Mazda5 and I was invited and passed on that splendid opportunity of being in a cheap and noisy japanese vehicle doing 80MPH+ parading myself through hillbilly hell. So I do know she'll be adding about 3K miles by doing that only because she's afraid of planes...ok so we had ONE little inicident in a plane was...it wasn't THAT bad...geesh...