Spied: 2013 Ford F-150

f150online is saying 2013 F-150 is the facelift with possibly MFT. 2015 is the all new model F-150. Chevy's all new model will be 2014.

http://www.f150onlin...-150-spied.html

Well, that sure messes up my plans. While that means I might be able to get a better deal on a 2012, I hate getting the last year of a body style as it looks older than it is in the first year. Also, I really would like to have MFT. I was hoping to place an order soon for a 2012, anybody know when Ford will show the 2013and when it will be available? I really don't want to wait anther year before getting my next truck.

I'm really intrigued and would love to see the setup of those headlights. The grille is okay, but it may look better in a higher end model than what they are showing.

Even with the Ecoboost, mine can only get 15-17 around town and 18-19 on the highway ( at any speed above 55mph ) . Not bad MPG for what it is, but could be better with significant weight reduction...

Wow, that sucks! I get an average of 15mpgs city in my '06 Screw 5.4L 4x4 4spd with 3.73LS. And have gotten up to 22mpg (best tank ever) on the highway, but average 18-19 highway.

I personally think the Dodge is the best-looking truck out there

While I do like the front clip of the Ram better than the current F150, I do like the rest of the F150 style better.

While I do like the front clip of the Ram better than the current F150, I do like the rest of the F150 style better.

I should have clarified, I was referring to the front clip in particular. I don't like the way the grille comes up into the hood on the F150 and the hood drops down on the side, especially on trucks with the chrome grille.

The Platinum is, IMHO, the single best looking model of truck out there. The Lariat, meh, with the big chrome grille, looks kinda funky. The FX2/4 look better with the different grille, but the Platinum has the best looking front-end treatment.

I should have clarified, I was referring to the front clip in particular. I don't like the way the grille comes up into the hood on the F150 and the hood drops down on the side, especially on trucks with the chrome grille.

The Platinum is, IMHO, the single best looking model of truck out there. The Lariat, meh, with the big chrome grille, looks kinda funky. The FX2/4 look better with the different grille, but the Platinum has the best looking front-end treatment.

I hear ya.

And I too like the Platinum or the Raptor grille/front end the best on the F150s

Edited by V8-X

I like the Platinum front for sure, but that silver tailgate just doesn't look good on certain colors.

I'm planning to get a EB Screw FX2 w/leather at some point in the next year or so. I'm leaning towards Silver but I also like the Grey color. Not too thrilled about the new FX2 appearance package though.

Technically that maybe true for the standard cab due to the reconfiguration, but the cab and greenhouse design has carried over since 2004 particularly on the crew and supercab models.

There is no "technically" about it. They may look similar, but there was a whole new die set for every panel in 2009 except for the roofs. Those were the only ones that carried over.

I like the Platinum front for sure, but that silver tailgate just doesn't look good on certain colors.

I would agree with that.

I'm planning to get a EB Screw FX2 w/leather at some point in the next year or so. I'm leaning towards Silver but I also like the Grey color. Not too thrilled about the new FX2 appearance package though.

I vote for grey. I had Dark Shadow Grey on my '05, and while I didn't like it at first, once I had it all waxed up and added a set of FX4 rims, it really popped. The metallic really sparkled and gave the paint some real depth. It cleaned up better than any other color we've had on all of our vehicles.

I'm torn on the appearance package. I'm not a big fan of black wheels. Sometimes I like it, other times I don't. Just depends on my mood I guess! :hysterical:

How much can you really change on the greenhouse of a trcuk? Angle the windshield 1 degree this way or that way?

Ford completely revamped the interior in '09, and added an extensive update in '11 with the productivity screen.

Continuous improvements keep truck moving off the lots. Look at the Super Duty. It has the same basic design as it did when the '99 came out in early '98. That's 13 years, and it's still going strong. What has kept it going is the constant improvements to the interior, and minor exterior freshenings to keep it looking somewhat new. Most real truck buyers care about the ability of the truck as well as the interior since many owners spend lots of time in their truck.

See the thread on Ford owning work...

Using the same greenhouse shape over a long term doesn't matter that much especially on trucks. Back in 2008 everyone swore that the carryover greenhouse shape on the Escape would kill it's sales and it would fail in the marketplace with all the new curvey pinched down models on the market. We see how that turned out...

Edited by 2005Explorer

lol...your quoting an online forum that credits me with the info..... :hysterical: :hysterical:

Did you want me to say you were the source? That's the forum where you, a member of f150online, originally wrote it. I didn't want to say your name because you are an employee and Ford doesn't like when employees talk about future product. That's why I gave the link for people to see for themselves if they were interested. But if you are ok with that. Yes, Dearborn Derek is the source. Thanks for the tip.

Final input on my original "retrospective" post. Here is the Ford truck that started the whole "Gotta have my truck look like one of the BIG rigs" phenomenon: The 1978 F-150!

1978_ford_f-150-pic-2173829712711674535.jpeg

Here's the "big brother(s)" being copied from around that era:

21446670_1X.JPG

And another....

784698h_27.jpeg

1980 brought the grillwork back to a more traditional look (still not as good as the '77 IMHO, but better than the '78/'79!)

1980F-150_timeline.jpg

And here's where we are today: The "MY grill is BIGGER than yours!" world of 2011.....

2011-ford-f150-most-fuel-efficient-full-size-pickup-truck.jpg

11366092-2011-dodge-ram-1500-columbia-sc.jpg

2011-Chevrolet-Silverado-1500-Crew-24.jpg

-Ovaltine

Edited by Ovaltine

That's a '79, not a '78. 78 had the same grille with round headlights. They switched to square headlights in 79. And yes, the 77 is still the best looking.

Wanna bet???

51Xu7pQNWXL._SS400_.jpg

The round vs. rectangular headlamps were related to the trim level of the truck. The 'Custom' level got the rounds, while the more upscale Ranger XLT / Lariat got the rectangulars.

Note the plate on the guys truck I posted appears to be a vanity plate with '078' as the second part.

Glad to have your vote on the '77s in any case! :-)

-Ovaltine

• Like 1

Wanna bet???

51Xu7pQNWXL._SS400_.jpg

The round vs. rectangular headlamps were related to the trim level of the truck. The 'Custom' level got the rounds, while the more upscale Ranger XLT / Lariat got the rectangulars.

Note the plate on the guys truck I posted appears to be a vanity plate with '078' as the second part.

Glad to have your vote on the '77s in any case! :-)

-Ovaltine

Learn something new every day.

Yeah, I miss Bobby Cox...I thought he was a great manager, and did a lot of great things with the Braves.

Yeah, that meant the Brewers had to go through the Cards! :) Just curious, did Nyjer Morgan enjoy watching the WS on TV? :hysterical: He'd be better off to just keep his mouth shut...he's a better ball player when you can't hear him...and he isn't throwing his wad of chew at the mound.

And Chris Carpenter is a better pitcher when he isn't dropping F-bombs on people and blaming others for starting shit. He might have a ring, but he's still a douche. :yup: