Nice job on the 2013 refresh

ford4v429

to the guys in styling that retooled the bumper cover/lenses on the new mustang- well done guys.

13shelbygt50019hr.jpg

as I was probably one of the worst 'forum whiners' about the 2010 rearend, just had to say something positive here to the styling guys this go-round... you guys really nailed a nice look, with the 2010 sheetmetal constraints, I never thought the chamferred bumper was ever gonna look at home on a mustang to me, simply amazing what pulling the cladding and straightening the bottom taillight housing does for the lines, and the outlined lamps are a brand new look for mustang, but still 'mustanglike'... a tough bill to fill.

I predict theres gonna be a huge volume of over the counter taillight lens and bumper covers for 2010-12 owners...personally I like the 10-12 headlights/nose better than the 13, but the 13 still looks fine('13 gt foglight delete would be a nice option- the v6 has a lot cleaner look IMO)

with as many negative comments as there were on the 2010 rearend initially, I think you guys arent going to have any worries with that on the '13... think its gonna be a home run.

oh yeah, and about the 650hp/600 ft-lb GT 500 motor- officially the most powerful production car engine ever- AND without a gas guzzler tax... all can say is WOW.

Edited by ford4v429
  • Like 2

to the guys in styling that retooled the bumper cover/lenses on the new mustang- well done guys.

13shelbygt50019hr.jpg

as I was probably one of the worst 'forum whiners' about the 2010 rearend, just had to say something positive here to the styling guys this go-round... you guys really nailed a nice look, with the 2010 sheetmetal constraints, I never thought the chamferred bumper was ever gonna look at home on a mustang to me, simply amazing what pulling the cladding and straightening the bottom taillight housing does for the lines, and the outlined lamps are a brand new look for mustang, but still 'mustanglike'... a tough bill to fill.

I predict theres gonna be a huge volume of over the counter taillight lens and bumper covers for 2010-12 owners...personally I like the 10-12 headlights/nose better than the 13, but the 13 still looks fine('13 gt foglight delete would be a nice option- the v6 has a lot cleaner look IMO)

with as many negative comments as there were on the 2010 rearend initially, I think you guys arent going to have any worries with that on the '13... think its gonna be a home run.

oh yeah, and about the 650hp/600 ft-lb GT 500 motor- officially the most powerful production car engine ever- AND without a gas guzzler tax... all can say is WOW.

I too have been critical of the 2010 + rear end styling. You are correct that this redesign greatly improves the look. Great job overall!

• Like 1

One question on this refresh -- where the heck are the reverse lights now?

the centers are clear when off, red with park/brake, unsure how many are white for reverse...maybe all 6 are white till you hit the brakes, then some rurn red? havent seen the backup lights w/brake...

really like the overall look. hope whoever ok'd the 2010 is getting a art lesson here on what to shoot for/avoid next time, these look great.

96403d1321625560t-2013-tail-lights-2012-2010_v_2013_mustang_taillight_compare_resize.jpg

imo the 2010 was worse than even the year with the little painted over slits for lenses... see there I go again- sorry :)

Edited by ford4v429

• 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...

the centers are clear when off, red with park/brake, unsure how many are white for reverse...maybe all 6 are white till you hit the brakes, then some rurn red? havent seen the backup lights w/brake...

really like the overall look. hope whoever ok'd the 2010 is getting a art lesson here on what to shoot for/avoid next time, these look great.

96403d1321625560t-2013-tail-lights-2012-2010_v_2013_mustang_taillight_compare_resize.jpg

imo the 2010 was worse than even the year with the little painted over slits for lenses... see there I go again- sorry smile.gif

Half way there now square them out like the 2004 and you'll be done...jezz ya should have just left them alone!

• 3 months later...