2013 Escape order guide

svtenthusiast

Awsome! They got this one out earlier than I remember on the 2012 Focus. Your link doesn't work but thanks for the heads up.

I figured it would be out fairly soon, so I started checking earlier this week. The link works for me, if it doesn't work, it's the same as my earlier post, the link in post 104 goes straight to the Escape manuals. I didn't find anything about the Global One-Touch Up/Down Windows feature that's mentioned in the Order Guide. I'm hoping it's just an oversight in the 1st edition printing of the manual, I really want that feature.

Edited by transitman

I'm still unclear as to what the SEL leather seats look like. The standard TIT seats are leather trimmed with clock seats and backs. In another forum, someone stated that SEL had leather seats and seat backs, with fake leather trim. Not sure I believe that. Has anyone seen a picture of seats that they know is from an SEL?

I'm still unclear as to what the SEL leather seats look like. The standard TIT seats are leather trimmed with clock seats and backs. In another forum, someone stated that SEL had leather seats and seat backs, with fake leather trim. Not sure I believe that. Has anyone seen a picture of seats that they know is from an SEL?

The description of Ford's leather seats are "leather trimmed seats". That means just as you stated. The real leather is the seat back and seating surface, the other portions of the seat is a simular looking vinyl material that matches very well. Here is a pic of the leather seats, front and rear.

http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/suvs/1111_2013_ford_escape/photo_49.html#photo

http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/suvs/1111_2013_ford_escape/photo_12.html#photo

xlarge_3efc67b4bd96a431ebc3cb011a9add02.jpg

Edited by MKII

The description of Ford's leather seats are "leather trimmed seats". That means just as you stated. The real leather is the seat back and seating surface, the other portions of the seat is a simular looking vinyl material that matches very well. Here is a pic of the leather seats, front and rear.

http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/suvs/1111_2013_ford_escape/photo_49.html#photo

http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/suvs/1111_2013_ford_escape/photo_12.html#photo

I had looked at those same pictures before making my post. How can you tell what model those pictures are from? How can you tell that some portions of the seat are leather, and some not versus the whole seat being leather? I can't.

I had looked at those same pictures before making my post. How can you tell what model those pictures are from? How can you tell that some portions of the seat are leather, and some not versus the whole seat being leather? I can't.

The official Ford pictures show the sport seats and the photo caption says its the Titanium, so I think its safe to assume those are a match. The other seats must be the SEL, especially considering you can't even get that color in the Titanium.

To simplify:

SEL = Standard full leather (straight lines pattern in seat trim). Available in light and dark colors.

Titanium= Standard partial cloth/leather, optional full leather. (Both have the "sport" pattern in the seat trim.) Only available in dark color.

I missed that, my mistake.

The only reason I caught it is because I knew I had seen that picture from the opposite side before and thought it was too much of a coincidence that they'd look so similiar. It was a "wheres waldo" to find what looked different in the photo and I just happened to catch that little detail. :victory:

To simplify:

SEL = Standard full leather (straight lines pattern in seat trim). Available in light and dark colors.

Titanium= Standard partial cloth/leather, optional full leather. (Both have the "sport" pattern in the seat trim.) Only available in dark color.

Thanks - that helps to distinguish between the two.

The dealer source book has been updated. Notable changes is the 2.0 Ecoboost does not have the grill shutters, only the old 2.5 and 1.6 Ecoboost do. I was hoping for these for fuel economy, shoot.

The exciting thing is the 2.0L specs have been changed to 240HP@5500 and 270TQ@3000 up from 249TQ!!! Looks like it will be rated the same as Explorer and Edge Ecoboost. Disclaimer now added at the bottom is "figures achieved using premium fuel". If this stands, this is going to be one quick SUV at 3592lbs.

No MPG specs yet, but they should be out shortly since production will start in a few weeks. :happy feet:

The dealer source book has been updated. Notable changes is the 2.0 Ecoboost does not have the grill shutters, only the old 2.5 and 1.6 Ecoboost do. I was hoping for these for fuel economy, shoot.

The exciting thing is the 2.0L specs have been changed to 240HP@5500 and 270TQ@3000 up from 249TQ!!! Looks like it will be rated the same as Explorer and Edge Ecoboost. Disclaimer now added at the bottom is "figures achieved using premium fuel". If this stands, this is going to be one quick SUV at 3592lbs.

No MPG specs yet, but they should be out shortly since production will start in a few weeks. happy%20feet.gif

Twelve days until production is scheduled to begin. That's good news on HP and torque, should be plenty of power, I'm still very curious about mpg ratings.

I'm not convinced that grille shutters do all that much. I'm certainly not an engineer, but look at the front of the Escape, there is only a small section that's open to the radiator, the rest of the front fascia is solid. With shutters, the air still enters that opening, causing some resistance. Without shutters, the same amount of air will enter the opening, the radiator will take in some air causing resistance, but most of the air flow still gets deflected to the sides. I don't know, maybe I need to be educated on the engineering and overall benefits of grille shutters, but in the total scheme of things, I don't see them improving real world mileage all that much.

Edited by transitman

Twelve days until production is scheduled to begin. That's good news on HP and torque, should be plenty of power, I'm still very curious about mpg ratings.

I'm not convinced that grille shutters do all that much. I'm certainly not an engineer, but look at the front of the Escape, there is only a small section that's open to the radiator, the rest of the front fascia is solid. With shutters, the air still enters that opening, causing some resistance. Without shutters, the same amount of air will enter the opening, the radiator will take in some air causing resistance, but most of the air flow still gets deflected to the sides. I don't know, maybe I need to be educated on the engineering and overall benefits of grille shutters, but in the total scheme of things, I don't see them improving real world mileage all that much.

Yea, the shutters are probably worth less than 1% in fuel economy but it's a cool feature and I am on the highway 95% of the time so I would benefit some.

The air creates a bubble when the shutters are closed which "eliminates" the opening virtually so the air passes by without seeing the opening and causing drag.

They have to have some difference if it's worth the cost of adding them plus the actuator and logic to run them. They are on the Edge ecoboost and the 2013 Taurus also.

I am guessing with the larger intercooler of the 2.0Ecoboost and the 3500 towing capability they didn't want to take a chance by putting these on the 2.0 since they will probably open everytime the intercooler needs air.

Yea, the shutters are probably worth less than 1% in fuel economy but it's a cool feature and I am on the highway 95% of the time so I would benefit some.

The air creates a bubble when the shutters are closed which "eliminates" the opening virtually so the air passes by without seeing the opening and causing drag.

They have to have some difference if it's worth the cost of adding them plus the actuator and logic to run them. They are on the Edge ecoboost and the 2013 Taurus also.

I am guessing with the larger intercooler of the 2.0Ecoboost and the 3500 towing capability they didn't want to take a chance by putting these on the 2.0 since they will probably open everytime the intercooler needs air.

I bet you're right about the 2.0L with the towing option. It's more efficient and cost effective not to add the shutters to all 2.0L vehicles than have some with and some without. I looked at the shutters on my Focus and they're set back a little, so air still enters behind the grille. If it was tight to the back of the grille and really closed off the area it would be more effective.

I wonder how much the horsepower and torque numbers are going to change on regular fuel? The specs I've seen indicate that the recommended fuel is 87 even with the high compression ratios. I'll probably run 87 all or most of the time unless it changes the MPG so curious how much I'll lose.

No MPG specs yet, but they should be out shortly since production will start in a few weeks. :happy feet: