2013 Escape order guide

svtenthusiast

• 2 weeks later...

Have my VIN but I'm still unscheduled. Dealer thinks that I might get scheduled on Friday. He's expecting a SEL 2.0 with AWD in tomorrow that I'm hoping to go and drive. He has five on order for his inventory but only two have been built and one of them was damaged in the hail storm.

• 2 weeks later...

Saw one in frosted glass on a local dealers lot. Smaller than I thought. wouldn't work for me at all. I was surprised is was a basic SE with the 1.6. I did like the green exterior though. But the sloped rear hatch is a deal breaker.

Edited by rscalzo

I took a test ride in the 2.0 SE about two weeks ago. I liked it. The power is really nice with good torque at low speeds and low engine noise even at high rpm's. The cargo room is smaller than in my '04, most noticeably in height with the sloping roof. I didn't get a chance to get in the Titanium as it was still being prepped.

The same dealership just got in a 1.6 (not sure what trim). I'm looking forward to giving that a test ride to see how the power feels.

I did it !! I placed an order for a titanium 4WD w/parking pkg and full leather seats option.I thought it odd that the SEL comes with the full leather seats but on the upper teir trim it was an option.Got me to spend more bucks.I bought it under the A-plan(family works for ford) So I'm a happy camper.

I went from unscheduled/no VIN to unscheduled/VIN to built in under two weeks. Of course, delivery is still showing as unscheduled and mine has been built for over a week now. My dealer says that he has ones arriving on trucks that still show as unscheduled delivery in the computer. Sounds like something is a little off on the computer system but I've been told to expect mine as early as this weekend and definitely by the end of the month. I'm just hoping I can get my Civic sold for a good price before the Escape arrives so I can just transfer my plates over.

Any word on the status of your Escape. I still don't have a VIN and I'm getting a little impatient.

It was built 2 weeks ago but still awaiting shipment. We are trying to find what the holdup is. Happens every new launch, where any joe can buy a stock unit today but us that have been waiting for 6 months continue to wait. I understand your frustration.

Holy cow, 6 months

That's not quite accurate as they only started production early April and had the weather setback. Ordering well before production dates wouldn't get a quicker delivery. Plus I'd have to think production isn't based on order date but their schedule of vehicle types.

That's not quite accurate as they only started production early April and had the weather setback. Ordering well before production dates wouldn't get a quicker delivery. Plus I'd have to think production isn't based on order date but their schedule of vehicle types.

You can say it's not accurite but that's how long I have waited. Ordered the end of Januaury when the order bank was open. Production isn't based on order date but that is besides the point. Minimizing the situation does nothing but add insult to injury.

Oh shit here come the BOF bullies who scour each topic for anything negative about Ford and twist and contort. Listen, I don't care what you think "overdramatizing" as you call it. I never said anyone else would see a 6 month order time.

Someone asked a question, I told them what MY scenario is.

Don't know why I even bother with this forum anymore. I come here with information and also to learn information. I am sick and tired of having to defend anything I say here.

No wonder no one else posts here except for the "top 10" that are on the front page every day.

Don't bother responding because I won't waste my time with reasoning any further with people that are so short sided.

Thanks for adding even more BS to the situation.

Oh shit here come the BOF bullies who scour each topic for anything negative about Ford and twist and contort. Listen, I don't care what you think "overdramatizing" as you call it. I never said anyone else would see a 6 month order time.

Someone asked a question, I told them what MY scenario is.

Don't know why I even bother with this forum anymore. I come here with information and also to learn information. I am sick and tired of having to defend anything I say here.

No wonder no one else posts here except for the "top 10" that are on the front page every day.

Don't bother responding because I won't waste my time with reasoning any further with people that are so short sided.

Thanks for adding even more BS to the situation.

But seriously, your situation is an anomaly. You can't compare ordering months before production even begins to someone that orders after vehicles start shipping.

I am sick and tired of having to defend anything I say here.

Maybe you should take a closer look at what you're posting that causes you to be so defensive.

You could have just said "I've been waiting 6 months because I put my order in as soon as the order banks opened."

You're just still pissed about those terrible horrible MFT bugs that only seem to plague the Focus Fanatic members.

I ordered mine on Feb. 23rd so my anticipation time is coming up on 4 months. Technically, my wait time has only been a little over 8 weeks, which is the high end of what I was hoping for and still no VIN in sight. AARRG!

8 weeks with no VIN is a legitimate gripe.