2013 Escape ordering guide released

I'm pretty sure I saw front cooled seats on the Taurus Limited I spec'd out last week. Which would likely mean the MKS has it too.

The Taurus had some features that the MKS didn't get like the massaging seats, just because the Taurus was new and the MKS wasn't. I'm sure they've fixed that with the 2013 MKS though.

I was actually at the Detroit show last week!

I got to see the Escape in person and a couple of thoughts....

Overall, it looks great. MUCH better than the Escape it's replacing. However....

- Thought the back seat looked and felt cheap.

- The headliner was jiggly in the grey one they had on the floor. Hope that was just a pre-production issue.

- Dear god... I HATED that they had the washer nozzle squirters in the MIDDLE of the damn hood! That was HORRIBLE! Why can't they pull a GM in this area and integrate the washer nozzles into the wiper arms too? Sleek and don't have to worry about ruining a really good looking hood with two terribly ugly nozzles that look SOOO out of place.

I was actually at the Detroit show last week!

I got to see the Escape in person and a couple of thoughts....

Overall, it looks great. MUCH better than the Escape it's replacing. However....

- Thought the back seat looked and felt cheap.

- The headliner was jiggly in the grey one they had on the floor. Hope that was just a pre-production issue.

- Dear god... I HATED that they had the washer nozzle squirters in the MIDDLE of the damn hood! That was HORRIBLE! Why can't they pull a GM in this area and integrate the washer nozzles into the wiper arms too? Sleek and don't have to worry about ruining a really good looking hood with two terribly ugly nozzles that look SOOO out of place.

I didn't notice the nozzles. Why would Ford want tubes running in moving and articulating parts? I would prefer if the nozzles were integrated in the hood cowling actually, like they are in the Edge and MKX.

Ford+Escape+118.jpg

Ford+Escape+116.jpg

The cowling is all hidden though so I guess there could have been an issue with the spray angle possibly?

Either way, Anyone have a pic of a white Escape yet? Hopefully those washer nozzles will be at least body color on a white car. I still think they look horrible there. As for the washer nozzles in the arms, I had a Suburban as a rental recently in Michigan and I thought the nozzles in the arms was a great idea and it worked rather well.

Why can't they pull a GM in this area and integrate the washer nozzles into the wiper arms too?

They used to do that a long time ago. My dad's '79 LTD II Brougham had the washers integrated into the wiper arms. Don't know why they stopped doing that. Possibly because they froze or became clogged easier? I don't recall that happening with the '79 but I was pretty young.

1979 LTD II Brochure

Standouts for me include:

Standard leather on SEL, partial leather on Titanium with full leather optional

2.0L ecoboost standard on Titanium, have to jump down to the SEL to get the 1.6L ecoboost

Trailer tow package deletes the hands free liftgate. Sensors do not operate with the trailer hitch in the way.

Only way to get HID headlamps is Titanium

Keyless door keypad now integrated into B pillar like taurus, explorer and is standard on SE and above.

MyFord Touch available on SE and higher, standard on Titanium

Alot of standard equipment at SE level.

I will be seeing the escape at the auto show today, looking forward to seeing it in person, will probably order one once Ford decides to open the order bank.

Disappointing that you have to choose between the Technology Package and the Trailer Towing package, if you want the power liftgate ... seems like that should be an easy fix??? ... to relocate the sensors for the tailgate? Also, what happened to Start-Stop technology ... will the 2013 get it? What about the 2014?

Disappointing that you have to choose between the Technology Package and the Trailer Towing package, if you want the power liftgate ... seems like that should be an easy fix??? ... to relocate the sensors for the tailgate? Also, what happened to Start-Stop technology ... will the 2013 get it? What about the 2014?

As far as I know, you can get the tech package with trailer tow, it just deletes the sensors for the hands free liftgate. It's still a power liftgate, just operated in the traditional fashion.

The only thing I have heard about Start-Stop on a non-hybrid Ford vehicle, is it's going to be an option on the 2013 Fusion with the 1.6L Ecobost only.

I would have to guess why it's not available with the trailer tow package is probably due to the likelihood of somebody nailing their shin on a trailer hitch while trying to open the lift-gate. There should still be a button on the key to open it remotely.

Edited by NLPRacing

Looks like the order bank won't open until next month now, even though it was set to open on 1/11/12. I can tell this is going to turn out to be a delay in product just like the 2012 Focus was. Get everyone hyped up, release the order guides to dealers, and then undeliver on product and provide minimal communication to dealers. You would think they would learn eventually.

I would have to guess why it's not available with the trailer tow package is probably due to the likelihood of somebody nailing their shin on a trailer hitch while trying to open the lift-gate. There should still be a button on the key to open it remotely.

Movement of the sensor would be an easy Fix. Hard part would be getting the engineers to sign off on it all :(

As far as I know, you can get the tech package with trailer tow, it just deletes the sensors for the hands free liftgate. It's still a power liftgate, just operated in the traditional fashion.

The only thing I have heard about Start-Stop on a non-hybrid Ford vehicle, is it's going to be an option on the 2013 Fusion with the 1.6L Ecobost only.

Thanks, svtenthusiast ... my bad that I thought the entire power feature went away but your explanation sounds on target. Also, thanks for the PDF link, too. That settles it for me ... 4WD Titanium with everything please, hold the Nav.

Base MSRP Pricing:

S FWD: 22,470

SE FWD: 25,070

SE 4WD: 26,820

SEL FWD: 27,870

SEL 4WD: 29,620

Titanium FWD: 30,370

Titanium 4WD: 32,120

Assuming the SEL is the same as the XLT, the price is up about 2K over the older model, but I don't have a breakdown of equipment etc....

Other interesting thing I just noticed...they dropped the XLT moniker on the Escape, which normally is applied to SUV or Truck models...The new Explorer still has it...

Assuming the SEL is the same as the XLT, the price is up about 2K over the older model, but I don't have a breakdown of equipment etc....

Other interesting thing I just noticed...they dropped the XLT moniker on the Escape, which normally is applied to SUV or Truck models...The new Explorer still has it...

The XLT would be the same as the SE (cloth seats), and the SEL would be the Limited with standard leather, electronic temperature control, etc. The Titanium has some of the equipment standard that the SEL has optional, body color parts instead of chrome, silver roof rack rails and HID lamps, but you can pretty much load up the SEL like a Titanium.

Base MSRP Pricing:

S FWD: 22,470

SE FWD: 25,070

SE 4WD: 26,820

SEL FWD: 27,870

SEL 4WD: 29,620

Titanium FWD: 30,370

Titanium 4WD: 32,120

I dont think those are too accurate.....wooops, I was basing numbers on the higher spec packages, 201A $25465, 302A $29765, 401A $30370 ( all FWD only....stand alone options...2.0 eco MSRP $1095, 4wd upgrade $1800, Trailer Tow $395, Sony Nav $795, Roof $1395, Parking Tech Package $995, Full Leather $895 ,18 inch wheels $595, Power Liftgate $495. Of course some of the options become standard the more one moves up the model range.

Edited by Deanh

Thanks svtenthusiast for posting pricing information!

Any updates regarding the question that Deanh initially mentioned in this thread - manual transmission availability in the 2013 U.S. market Ford Escape?

no manual trans in any of the packages....sigh...

The Build & Price tool on ford.com appears to match the prices shown above, even though the disclaimer that they are just for survey purposes and may be subject to change still exists.

I am planning to lease my Escape and have access to X Plan pricing. Will my dealer have this information now that the MSRP has been determined? They are supposed to call me once they do but I doubt they are checking on a daily basis.

The Build & Price tool on ford.com appears to match the prices shown above, even though the disclaimer that they are just for survey purposes and may be subject to change still exists.

I am planning to lease my Escape and have access to X Plan pricing. Will my dealer have this information now that the MSRP has been determined? They are supposed to call me once they do but I doubt they are checking on a daily basis.

once you place the order, all they have to do whilst in CONCEPS is mark it order type X, and X plan pricing will come right up, theres no delay, they dont have to wait for anything.....

if you have your specs i could do it for you no problem....