Skilled Working Production Meeting

ALEX4398

All skilled working production. Please attend special meeting January 23 at 4pm at local 600. There will be reps. from iuaw and 600 to answer questions and give us updates. A solid turn out will let the elected reps know we are serious about wanting our jobs back. We need to stand up as a group and let them know we have been off long enough. Put us back on our tools!

All skilled working production. Please attend special meeting January 23 at 4pm at local 600. There will be reps. from iuaw and 600 to answer questions and give us updates. A solid turn out will let the elected reps know we are serious about wanting our jobs back. We need to stand up as a group and let them know we have been off long enough. Put us back on our tools!

Skilled1 said he is happy with the current contract, guess he must be in the minority within tradesman?

• Like 2

Ask the IUAW (brother king & Brother Browning) if the executive board has met and whether they ruled on bringing production people off the line and making them skilled trades people for a year at a time, and NO these production people have never held a trade classification at ford. Been told its happening at LAP too but haven't been able to verify this. The appeal has been with IUAW since July2011 Constitution says they will rule... but doesn't say how long.... seems like they are sitting on it from what I hear. ASK THEM ABOUT IT

Edited by nvsked

Ask the IUAW (brother king & Brother Browning) if the executive board has met and whether they ruled on bringing production people off the line and making them skilled trades people for a year at a time, and NO these production people have never held a trade classification at ford. Been told its happening at LAP too but haven't been able to verify this. The appeal has been with IUAW since July2011 Constitution says they will rule... but doesn't say how long.... seems like they are sitting on it from what I hear. ASK THEM ABOUT IT

not happening here at L.A.P

not happening here at L.AP has far has i know

we do have some tooling layout coming here soon has production,that will be aked to take the 3 opening at C.A.P and get their 1 strike then be forced to go or give up all skilled trades right accrued till then...

not happening here at L.AP has far has i know

we do have some tooling layout coming here soon has production,that will be aked to take the 3 opening at C.A.P and get their 1 strike then be forced to go or give up all skilled trades right accrued till then...

NO M/W's with 2010 seniority?

Did they put them on for a year at a time with trades laid off?

He'll no, only for Christmas and summer shut downs to take slots for permenant tradesman that elected to take vacation during these times, and they only utilized the list if they were short. I would file a grievance if That is what's happening and I were a tradesman on ILO. Wonder if they were paying them trades rate? This practice is not only unorthodox, but a violation of the contract, and against precedent. It raises allot of questions too. How many system wide on ILO, and how many production people doing trades work. Basically you could have a 22 year veteran sitting at home not accueing time towards his pension, while a person from outside their dept. Doing there work. BS, total BS!

Whats unorthodox is letting trades do production. If you came from production fine, if you got hired as trades NO !!! Its easier for trades to fine a job than someone that works producton.

Good point. Unless there were no production people on ILO, and it was a matter of either offering the tradsman production work, or laying them off to the street if there are no slots within their trade. I won't pretend to know more about the tradesmans provisions then I do. I never really concentated on there section of the contract because it did not apply to me. I do remember reading somewhere that trades would be offered production work if they had not come from the line for agreeing to consolidating their trades. I can't remember exactly how it was worded.

Any sitting chairmen would attempt to block transfers to his facilities from other plants if he could utilize local tradesman to fill the vacancies. Do you think that's what's going on?

Edited by Furious1Auto

Could you ask for the details on the $50,000 to give up your trade and post on here what they say?

Thanks

From the meetong on the 23rd at local 600

Retrain bids hopefully going up soon to to surplus trades for elec. and sse\powerhouse. T and D may post some bids soon from buyouts. The rouge has recieved a one for one commitment to replace buyout trades. 50,000 to give up trade and go to the bottom of hierarchy keeping your ford production seniority date and classification example hilo driver. all packages availible till march 1st. Large retrain 100+ bid to take place after all buyouts are considered and the needs are identified, Retrain bids will be high low by ford trade seniority(DOE) of laid off trade employees. Forcing into needed trades for out of zone locations will happen (pipefitters in chicago). No one without a ford trade background should be working at any ford location as trade from production even temp for shut downs. 100,000 to seperate from company and forfeit your pension. MAP has all the trades they need at MAP for the 3 crew operation.

I will try to post more or answer any questions Thank you for the great turn out of tradesmen.

Retrain bids hopefully going up soon to to surplus trades for elec. and sse\powerhouse. T and D may post some bids soon from buyouts. The rouge has recieved a one for one commitment to replace buyout trades. 50,000 to give up trade and go to the bottom of hierarchy keeping your ford production seniority date and classification example hilo driver. all packages availible till march 1st. Large retrain 100+ bid to take place after all buyouts are considered and the needs are identified, Retrain bids will be high low by ford trade seniority(DOE) of laid off trade employees. Forcing into needed trades for out of zone locations will happen (pipefitters in chicago). No one without a ford trade background should be working at any ford location as trade from production even temp for shut downs. 100,000 to seperate from company and forfeit your pension. MAP has all the trades they need at MAP for the 3 crew operation.

I will try to post more or answer any questions Thank you for the great turn out of tradesmen.

Are you saying the 50,000 buydown to go back to production is only available until March 1?

Are you saying the 50,000 buydown to go back to production is only available until March 1?

$50,000 return to production will be available after buyouts and positions backfilled from the buyouts. Apparently anyone that has a DOE can return to production, go to production or stay in production even apprentices.

I was at the meeting and they have reskilling positions identified (electrician and steam) and going through the approval process now. 70 in total and 25 within the Rouge. Hopefully these will be approved soon and posted. Next step is backfill retirements from the $100,000 buyout after March 10th. Then more reskill opportunities from additional electrician and steam retirements. Once this is completed $50,000 return to production will be available. Other postings would come from LAP, MAP and AAI for shift additions from the product investments.

Finally some good news.

Wrong info we have 3 cot M/W's...... 2 former tradesmen and 1 with no former trades time.

Wrong info we have 3 cot M/W's...... 2 former tradesmen and 1 with no former trades time.

Gee.... So how accurate is any of the info that is given out???

Edited by mulewrong

$50,000 return to production will be available after buyouts and positions backfilled from the buyouts. Apparently anyone that has a DOE can return to production, go to production or stay in production even apprentices.

I was at the meeting and they have reskilling positions identified (electrician and steam) and going through the approval process now. 70 in total and 25 within the Rouge. Hopefully these will be approved soon and posted. Next step is backfill retirements from the $100,000 buyout after March 10th. Then more reskill opportunities from additional electrician and steam retirements. Once this is completed $50,000 return to production will be available. Other postings would come from LAP, MAP and AAI for shift additions from the product investments.

Finally some good news.

Lap will not be adding that many trades when they go to the 3rd shift/crew. The UAW talked it up like they are adding a lot of Trades just to get trades to sign up for production. Giving you false hope that you will have a short wait to go back to trade. I have seen the Trade number on the floor now working and the number coming in to work production. Going to be a lot of trades that will never see there trades again. Have not herd of one trades man taking a buyout at LAP.

• Like 1

Lap will not be adding that many trades when they go to the 3rd shift/crew. The UAW talked it up like they are adding a lot of Trades just to get trades to sign up for production. Giving you false hope that you will have a short wait to go back to trade. I have seen the Trade number on the floor now working and the number coming in to work production. Going to be a lot of trades that will never see there trades again. Have not herd of one trades man taking a buyout at LAP.

Funny how the same thing is playing out that way at Map. The third shift has been put on hold. Many trades went back to production to have a shot at the jobs that where going to be posted to support the third shift. Now no new jobs and trades with production time will be stuck on the line for some time. Trades that had no production time have a 2007 date for production and most likely will be layed off at production rate. (about 175 buck less per week ).

Any news on these 25 reskilling opportunities? These postings will be a ray of hope if true.

• Like 2

Whats unorthodox is letting trades do production. If you came from production fine, if you got hired as trades NO !!! Its easier for trades to fine a job than someone that works producton.

Agreed,,,,,,I did not hire in as production.So,,while production is delighting in the trades getting their asses kik`d lately, you really dont want trades doing production jobs------EVER.That is the most efficient operation.Feed metal in the machine or spot weld and when the machine breaks you fix it!!!!!DO NOT let the company cross that line of demarcation.