Carl Edwards Takes Ford Engineers For a Wild Ride in the Taurus SHO

Mark B. Morrow

Thanks, I thought that was the case as it's prety hard to get an AWD to drift at the best of times due to superior traction

Really? Because since GM said the Impala isn't getting AWD, GMI is full of guys saying how AWD on a large car doesn't really make a difference. :hysterical:

Really? Because since GM said the Impala isn't getting AWD, GMI is full of guys saying how AWD on a large car doesn't really make a difference. :hysterical:

And that's what happens when you have Buick in the way of new Chevrolet products, Impala ends up being confined to FWD

which means no AWD, DI Turbo V6 and no potential competitor to Fords superior PI sedan and Ute

Caprice is a tragedy of logistics and should be built alongside Camaro and sold as retail.

But that's dysfunctional GM....

Edited by jpd80

The first ad in the series aired during tonight's episode of Fringe. I started watching about 20 minutes late (yay, DVRs), so I was skipping commercials, but I backed up and watched the whole ad when I got to this one. I thought it looked pretty good in 1080 on an 8' screen...

Edited by SoonerLS

The first ad in the series aired during tonight's episode of Fringe. I started watching about 20 minutes late (yay, DVRs), so I was skipping commercials, but I backed up and watched the whole ad when I got to this one. I thought it looked pretty good in 1080 on an 8' screen ...

:ohsnap:

• 2 weeks later...

Are the Brembo calipers as already used on other Fords really THAT much more expensive than the TRW calipers they already use? Really would seem if they were going to upgrade the brakes they really should UPGRADE and not meander about.

They are a lot more expensive and the matching rotors necessitate a minimum of around 19" wheels from memory..

GT Falcons have them and its amazing the confidence they inspire going deep into corners knowing you're going to pull up in time.

Not dismissing the great PI package that's already there but it does open up a market for better brakes and they're probably available anyway...

Great video's. Not much of a NASCAR fan, but when I do watch, I follow Edwards. So good to see Ford using him. I've watching him since back in the Truck series when he was running, I think with K/N sponsorship. Oh, and I love the regular 3.5L Taurus, so the SHO I'm sure I'd love that much more.

Edited by V8-X