Saw my first MKT hearse today

When is it being cancelled? Next year or at the end of it's production run?

They won't need to force them over to GM. Customers will leave on their own when the new GM full sizers come out next year. By the way I keep hearing about this new mysterious F150 based clone SUV coming in 2015 or so. Where is the confirmation? Is this a real documented project or something that has just became fact based on some Internet rumor. Please enlighten me.

If they're buying Navigators now they'll probably keep buying them - new Escalades won't change that much.

Nobody knows for sure what is happening but it's universally agreed that if Ford continues to make full sized SUVs that they will have to share a lot with the F150 - there isn't enough volume in that market segment to justify a bespoke or heavily modified platform. And since the F150 is getting a major overhaul it only makes sense.

Nobody knows for sure what is happening

That's pretty much what I thought. 2015 F-150 mules have started to show up so if this is the truth then at some point in the next year or so we should start seeing or hearing something about this if it is actually a project. If not and the current Navigator and Expedition do not receive new engines and any sort of facelift then I think it is safe to assume they plan on Crown Vic'n the line until it is no longer profitable to build and let GM have this market. With new fuel economy regs coming down that might not be a bad plan.

If not and the current Navigator and Expedition do not receive new engines and any sort of facelift then I think it is safe to assume they plan on Crown Vic'n the line until it is no longer profitable to build and let GM have this market. With new fuel economy regs coming down that might not be a bad plan.

GM never really lost the market to start with....which is sorta suprising since Ford more or less owns the full sized pickup market.

That's pretty much what I thought. 2015 F-150 mules have started to show up so if this is the truth then at some point in the next year or so we should start seeing or hearing something about this if it is actually a project. If not and the current Navigator and Expedition do not receive new engines and any sort of facelift then I think it is safe to assume they plan on Crown Vic'n the line until it is no longer profitable to build and let GM have this market. With new fuel economy regs coming down that might not be a bad plan.

Don't count on seeing prototypes. Ford is being really really secretive about new products. We didn't see any recognizable mules for the 2013 Fusion or MKZ until just a few months ago.

• 2 weeks later...

True....the "State Coach" could be used for Limo service with front and rear facing seats and a deep tint job on the windows....Here is a picture of a 6 door limo from Federal....with the new grille.

imageLincolnMKTLimo1.png

Here is a picture of the "Raised Roof" with landau bars to give you the proper "Willies"...again, with the new style grille...

imageMKTStratford1.png

THAT'S what I'm talkin' about! Get some proper burgundy velvet curtains in that side window, and you're in business!

• 2 weeks later...