2013 Ford Focus ST Achieves Class-Leading 32 MPG Highway

Ecoboost Mondeo puts down 0-100 kph in 7.5 seconds, there is no way a 2.0 EB fusion will do 0-60 mph in 6.5 seconds.

the torque in the FWD set up is limited......that's the reason for the less than thrilling launch times.

Under Euro fuel economy tests the 2013 Focus ST at 7.2 l/100 km

is 20% more fuel efficient than the previous 2.5 I-5 turbo version with 9.2 l/100 km

A V6 Camry with about 263hp does it in about 6.4 or so, and I would assume that is benchmark new Fusion is aware of. The 2.0EB is very torquey and puts out decent hp. I would hope EB 2.0 Fusion does much better than 7.5. The 160hp Focus SE probably does it under 8 and close to 7.5. My 2002 Taurus 24 valver with only 200hp does it around 8 seconds or so. I would estimate the EB2.0Fusion in under 7 seconds and mighty close to 6.5. It's the Fusion's high performnace engine with the V6 now gone. The 1.6 will be the more plebian choice.

A V6 Camry with about 263hp does it in about 6.4 or so, and I would assume that is benchmark new Fusion is aware of. The 2.0EB is very torquey and puts out decent hp. I would hope EB 2.0 Fusion does much better than 7.5. The 160hp Focus SE probably does it under 8 and close to 7.5. My 2002 Taurus 24 valver with only 200hp does it around 8 seconds or so. I would estimate the EB2.0Fusion in under 7 seconds and mighty close to 6.5. It's the Fusion's high performnace engine with the V6 now gone. The 1.6 will be the more plebian choice.

Edit,

A UK report suggests the 240 hp EB Mondeo can do 0-60 mph in 6.9 seconds and 1/4 mile in 14.9 seconds...LINK

Edited by jpd80

A UK report suggests the 240 hp EB Mondeo can do 0-60 mph in 6.9 seconds and 1/4 mile in 14.9 seconds...LINK

Which are roughly the same numbers as a late 90's Mustang GT was doing...

As for the Focus ST 0-60 times, i'm sure they are being very conservative with them. No one has the actual car to test with yet. I can't do 0-60 testing anyways tomorrow since its an Auto-X track they set up and from what I've read about the NY event, they don't want you go any higher then second gear and I don't think FedEx field parking lot will have enough room for a 0-60 run anyways :)

Let me try another angle. The 2013 Fusion with 250hp 2.0EB supposedly gets 36mpg, and I would estimate about a 6.5 0-60 time with the Camry V6 slightly quicker. Now if the Focus ST with 32mpg does 0-60 in 6.3 which is estimate, then it's NOT geared to go quicker than Fusion with same motor. Now if Focus ST throws down a sub 6 second 0-60 time, then I'm all wet and you guys made your point. Losing 4 mpg highway, the Focus ST better be much faster than EB 2.0 Fusion.

Couple things:

1) Fusion 2.0EB = 237 hp, 250 lb-ft, preliminarily estimated by Ford to get 23/33 mpg. (source) Fix your numbers and try again.

2) What does highway MPG have to do with 0-60 times? Who goes 0-60 on ANY highway (unless escaping a traffic jam)?

Couple things:

1) Fusion 2.0EB = 237 hp, 250 lb-ft, preliminarily estimated by Ford to get 23/33 mpg. (source) Fix your numbers and try again.

2) What does highway MPG have to do with 0-60 times? Who goes 0-60 on ANY highway (unless escaping a traffic jam)?

I say ban the lying troll. Not only is he ruining worthy threads, but blatantly lying about Fords on a Ford forum. Worse, we're actually humoring his bullshit. The forum loses integrity everytime we put up with this shit.

Sorry about the language. I use it for emphasis.

• Like 1