2013 Ford Fusion Will Start at $22,495, Configurator Live

http://blog.caranddriver.com/2013-ford-fusion-will-start-at-22495/

Ford has announced pricing for the much-anticipated and redesigned-for-2013 Fusion, which goes on sale this fall; we now know it will start at $22,495. That amount nets a front-drive Fusion S powered by a 170-hp, 2.5-liter four-cylinder, mated to a six-speed auto. The base Fusion S also includes Sync with MyFord, a tilting and telescoping steering wheel with audio controls, 16-inch steel wheels, keyless entry, 60/40 split-folding rear seats, an audio input jack, and LED taillights. Read on for a full rundown of 2013 Fusion pricing.

The rest of the lineup:

• Fusion SE: $24,495; adds 17-inch aluminum wheels, six-speaker audio system with satellite radio, 10-way power driver’s seat. Also available with a 1.6-liter EcoBoost engine making 179 hp and a six-speed manual or a six-speed automatic for an additional $795. The 2.0-liter EcoBoost makes 237 hp and pairs with a six-speed auto; it starts at $26,745.

• Fusion hybrid: $27,995; SE stuff plus a 2.0-liter Atkinson-cycle four-cylinder engine paired with an electric motor, a CVT transmission, and hybrid-specific 17-inch aluminum wheels.

• Fusion Titanium: $30,995; adds 2.0-liter EcoBoost engine, 18-inch aluminum wheels, decklid spoiler, dual exhaust, heated leather sport seats, leather-wrapped shift knob and steering wheel, two-way power passenger’s seat, backup camera, remote and push button start, sport suspension, MyFord Touch, dual-zone climate control, and a 12-speaker audio system. All-wheel drive is available as a $2000 option.

A $1250 Appearance package, which includes 18-inch five-spoke wheels, a decklid spoiler, fog lights, a leather-wrapped steering wheel, and contrasting red stitching, is available on all trim levels except the S and the 2.5-liter SE. The Luxury pack is another $2300, and adds a 10-way power driver’s seat, leather heated seats, a two-way power passenger’s seat, a leather-wrapped steering wheel and shift knob, and fog lamps. The Luxury stuff is subject to the same availability restrictions as the Appearance pack, and it’s equipment is standard on the Titanium.

I don't see the red leather seats in the option mix, anybody know what happened there? None of the color options are appealing.

And at 38K top-end, that's an awfully expensive Fusion with no interior color choices. No deal on my end.

Edited by BORG

And at 38K top-end, that's an awfully expensive Fusion with no interior color choices. No deal on my end.

The SE model comes with a dune option, but its apparently tied to a luxury package and if you pick the Sport package, its a black interior.

I guess the focus groups didn't really care for the additional seat colors....and nearly the rest of Ford's lineup is either Black or Grey/Dune color.

The SE model comes with a dune option, but its apparently tied to a luxury package and if you pick the Sport package, its a black interior.

I guess the focus groups didn't really care for the additional seat colors....and nearly the rest of Ford's lineup is either Black or Grey/Dune color.

They showed off the Fusion with Red leather seats at the AutoShow. I don't know if this has simply been delayed or is not making it to production, but I loved what I saw. In either case, I would not buy one with an all-black interior. Hello MKZ!

They showed off the Fusion with Red leather seats at the AutoShow. I don't know if this has simply been delayed or is not making it to production, but I loved what I saw. In either case, I would not buy one with an all-black interior. Hello MKZ!

MKZ starts 4K more then the most expensive Fusion also, and only offers Dune and another color besides black...on the non-official build and price...

I know they showed it at the auto shows, but that also isn't final product. The "unoffical" build and price had multiple color interiors for the SE trim...

I'm one of those people that show up the dealership and say I want it black, I want to check EVERY box you have, and I want the interior between black and beige (usually Stone or Cashmere). If I can't get the top-end model with a light interior or some other interior besides popular options, deal is off! I actually bought the Edge Limited because the Sport only offered a black interior.

Edited by BORG

I'm one of those people that show up the dealership and say I want it black, I want to check EVERY box you have, and I want the interior between black and beige (usually Stone or Cashmere). If I can't get the top-end model with a light interior or some other interior besides popular options, deal is off! I actually bought the Edge Limited because the Sport only offered a black interior.

I've been saying it for a while now that I hate the fact the top trim Fords come with only a black interior these days.

I'm sorry I meant the SE Appearance Package. I cannot get that and leather.

I'm assuming its because they are trying to force you into buying the Titanium model...

But strangely enough I can get a leather equipped Focus with a Sport appearance package. Maybe its a configuration goof...

I'm assuming its because they are trying to force you into buying the Titanium model...

But strangely enough I can get a leather equipped Focus with a Sport appearance package. Maybe its a configuration goof...

not for 2013................

I don't see the red leather seats in the option mix, anybody know what happened there? None of the color options are appealing.

there has never been a "red" interior option, theres an alternative called DUNE ( leather )in the Hybrids and the SE gas Luxury Package, thats it. I will say this though, with enough griping from Customers Ford will add an alternative...foolish otherwise, and something they dont practice elsewhere.