Lunch Break

uawsoldusout

We just went to the AWS(all will suffer)at Sharonville. We were informed there would be no lunch break. 12 hours= no lunch. Is this the case at other plants(US)? Our Union reps are telling us that there is "no language" in the contract for lunch break. At Sharonville, the company does whatever they want. The Union says: "they can do that!"

We just went to the AWS(all will suffer)at Sharonville. We were informed there would be no lunch break. 12 hours= no lunch. Is this the case at other plants(US)? Our Union reps are telling us that there is "no language" in the contract for lunch break. At Sharonville, the company does whatever they want. The Union says: "they can do that!"

As long as the membership can be bullied and/or bought, the membership will continue to get contracts like the ALL WILL SUFFER.

Wasn`t Sharonville one of the locals to be overwelmed by the great speeches given by our IUAW Rep`s? Remember the "Ford could go bankrupt" or "SIX THOUSAND DOLLAR Ford was just going to give us".... welcome to the word of real business. The labor at Sharonville, along with all the other plants, has been sold to Ford at bargain basement prices.... not exactly Prom Queen prices..... Makes the 6K sound real good now. Those TWO family (FMLA) day`s over the life of the contract will help give the membership some much needed additional paid time off. HEY, thats like 32 paid lunchs over FOUR YEARS...... :shades:

Oh well, it is what it is.... by law they (IUAW) did their job. We got what we got, because WE had a majority of members that said its a great contract. Now its a done deal, feel like a Prom Queen yet?

By the way there are laws that do call for a "rest period" some time in the work schedule. :play:

Contract Reality.... the Awakening as some lawyer`s would put it. Sharonville, welcome to the awakening and realization of your next three years working the same corner, along with all the other Prom Queens. :banmolest:

Decker

1 of the 1788

• Like 1

Article 10 section 6a is the lunch langugae Volume 1 page 139.

As long as the membership can be bullied and/or bought, the membership will continue to get contracts like the ALL WILL SUFFER.

Wasn`t Sharonville one of the locals to be overwelmed by the great speeches given by our IUAW Rep`s? Remember the "Ford could go bankrupt" or "SIX THOUSAND DOLLAR Ford was just going to give us".... welcome to the word of real business. The labor at Sharonville, along with all the other plants, has been sold to Ford at bargain basement prices.... not exactly Prom Queen prices..... Makes the 6K sound real good now. Those TWO family (FMLA) day`s over the life of the contract will help give the membership some much needed additional paid time off. HEY, thats like 32 paid lunchs over FOUR YEARS...... :shades:

Oh well, it is what it is.... by law they (IUAW) did their job. We got what we got, because WE had a majority of members that said its a great contract. Now its a done deal, feel like a Prom Queen yet?

By the way there are laws that do call for a "rest period" some time in the work schedule. :play:

Contract Reality.... the Awakening as some lawyer`s would put it. Sharonville, welcome to the awakening and realization of your next three years working the same corner, along with all the other Prom Queens. :banmolest:

Decker

1 of the 1788

Great post! Welcome to the new way forward that doesn't includes the union workers.

There is nothing wrong with voting NO! Try it. You might like it? If you don't like the contract...... vote NO!

p.s. If you don't like Obama, vote him out? Don't let Bob King or your local union reps. tell you who to vote for! Your dignity is worth something!

Edited by uawsoldusout

There is nothing wrong with voting NO! Try it. You might like it? If you don't like the contract...... vote NO!

p.s. If you don't like Obama, vote him out? Don't let Bob King or your local union reps. tell you who to vote for! Your dignity is worth something!

I don't understand why you republican voters don't like Bob King. He's right on point with the way the GOPs act by given everything away to the rich. You think about your dignity when it comes to voting for politicians? you must have low standards about yourself.

Edited by FANTASTICFORD

six thousand dollars. donut. lol.

We just went to the AWS(all will suffer)at Sharonville. We were informed there would be no lunch break. 12 hours= no lunch. Is this the case at other plants(US)? Our Union reps are telling us that there is "no language" in the contract for lunch break.

Whatever Rep has told you that you dont get a lunch break is wrong (if one did indeed tell you that) and should read the national agreement about breaks.

Tapper

I don't understand why you republican voters don't like Bob King. He's right on point with the way the GOPs act by given everything away to the rich. You think about your dignity when it comes to voting for politicians? you must have low standards about yourself.

I have very high standards for myself! This is about right vs. wrong. The UAW will never tell me who or what to vote for! I have integrity, and at the end of the day I keep my dignity by doing what I believe is right. Do you like what you see in the mirror, fantastic ford?

I have very high standards for myself! This is about right vs. wrong. The UAW will never tell me who or what to vote for! I have integrity, and at the end of the day I keep my dignity by doing what I believe is right. Do you like what you see in the mirror, fantastic ford?

At MAP the membership is all expected to "Do the Green thing".

I have no idea why your Local Representatives would tell you that lunch period is not in the current National Contract, it is. Do yourself a favor and contact your IUAW Servicing Rep and let them know who told you that.

Lunch periods: Volume 1, Article 10, Section 6 – page 139. Also Volume 4 – page 455 speaks to Lunch and Relief Practices.

As for those of you that think the “law” states that you must receive breaks and lunch. You’re correct it does, but only for minors not adults.

Here’s some food for thought concerning the “law” about breaks and lunch.

Michigan Lunch and Break Laws

Breaks for Adults

• Michigan law does not give adults a guaranteed break or lunch. Employers are free to schedule employees to work without any type of break. However, most companies do recognize that this can lead to fatigue and mistakes, so they offer some types of break after employees have worked for five consecutive hours. All Michigan companies must also adhere to federal rest and lunch break standards

Federal Rules

• The federal rules on rest and meal breaks apply in any state, such as Michigan, that does not have separate labor laws regarding meal breaks. These rules are contained within the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA). The FLSA does not require employers to give their employees rest breaks or meal breaks, but it does regulate how employees are paid for any breaks they are given. There are also additional federal laws regulating working hours of people in certain types of work, such as air traffic controllers and pilots.

Pay and Breaks

• Michigan law conforms to the FLSA rules in regulating how employees are paid for lunch and break time. Both Michigan law and the FLSA rules require that short breaks, of around 20 minutes or less, be treated as working time. This means that short breaks are counted as part of an employee's normal working hours and money cannot be deducted from an employee's pay for these breaks. Michigan law and the FLSA rules allow employers to treat longer breaks as non-working time, but in order to avoid paying compensation for a longer break, the employee must be relieved of all their normal work duties and cannot be available for work.

Hope this helps with your concern with Lunch Periods.

Jeff Hodges

UAW Local 600

Dearborn Stamping & DTP Body

Vice President & Bargaining Rep

That’s funny Spine, General I can’t find any post on “page one” that states Michigan law concerning breaks and lunch. I do however see this By the way there are laws that do call for a "rest period" some time in the work schedule” Also, I don’t see either of you speaking of Volume 4 with the concern to breaks and lunch, only volume 1.

So please explain what you mean by “welcome to page 1” oh and the LOL, yea for sure LOL.

Jeff Hodges

UAW Local 600

Dearborn Stamping & DTP Bode

Vice President & Bargaining

Edited by ReDemption

That’s funny Spine, General I can’t find any post on “page one” that states Michigan law concerning breaks and lunch. I do however see this By the way there are laws that do call for a "rest period" some time in the work schedule” Also, I don’t see either of you speaking of Volume 4 with the concern to breaks and lunch, only volume 1.

So please explain what you mean by “welcome to page 1” oh and the LOL, yea for sure LOL.

Jeff Hodges

UAW Local 600

Dearborn Stamping & DTP Bode

Vice President & Bargaining

Calm down bro, just having some fun.

Simple what i left in the quote I already posted on page one, no I did not add Michigan Law. But again was all in good fun relax and come have a beer with me