MKZ Build Date

From Dedonut

...."My only small regret is that they aren't both here to see side-by-side. I had concerns about the Sacramento summer heat and so much glass but I want to see it and see if I also think there line-of-site issues with the large support pillars..."

This is a big concern for me.The car is for my wife who after sitting in an auto show MKZ complained about trying to look back & to the left if pulling out.

I really want her to pick the MKZ,but from the start I told her that she has the right to refuse it & get something else if she's not comfortable with handling it.

I recently found a car talk link that goes over the best way to set your side mirrors to eliminate blind spots.It's definitely not the way we've had our mirrors set.

http://www.cartalk.com/content/avoiding-blind-spot-5

She really shouldn't be turning around to look anyway,but it's what she's used to.

BTW

Last Tuesday,the salesman had called to tell us Lincoln notified them that their very first MKZ should arrive at the dealership "within a week" so DW can finally test drive one.Yesterday was a week & still no word.

After all the delays,I sure hope that the dealer holds off selling the car for the first week so that all the people waiting to test drive one will get the chance.

It would be the last straw for my wife if this test drive opportunity is lost.

Thanks, Tanner, found it. I was looking for a bump and post.

L2L 3LN6L2LU0DR807891 Mkz Awaiting Shipment At Plant Ford Hermosillo Assembly, SO Feb-15-2013 Mar-01-2013. I see it was released and then back to the plant. I'm assuming that's for the QC then it'll be released again for shipment. Is it a good thing that it no longer says *ETA Mar-01-2013, as in 'estimated'? :-)

I recently found a car talk link that goes over the best way to set your side mirrors to eliminate blind spots.It's definitely not the way we've had our mirrors set.

http://www.cartalk.com/content/avoiding-blind-spot-5

She really shouldn't be turning around to look anyway,but it's what she's used to.

LOL, jjb, you'll also hear this when you're old enough to take the AARP Safe Driver Class. Their certificate gives me a 5% auto insurance discount for 3 years, then I take the class (on-line) again.

Why is it taking till the 23rd to get to your dealership. The railyard is 40 miles from your dealership??

He better we lucky it is not going by rail because it would probably add an additional 7 days to that. He!!, my car is still trying to finish a 267 mile trip to Flat Rock since the 14th (average 44.5 miles a day)

Edited by SMSgt B

Well, the car I've been following, like mine but with the panoramic roof, arrived at the dealer last night. I found out from Lincoln Customer Service before the Sales people knew it had arrived. One of the sales reps went and found it and put a temp. Sold sign on it. He'll check tomorrow to make sure no one has spoken for it. Otherwise, I have a 1pm appt to go test drive it and check it out. My pre-order, according to Lincoln Cust. Service, shows an ETA of Mar. 01 not 04.

One very interesting note, ETIS doesn't show this car having even left Hermosillo!!

Did you get to see the car? How did it go?

LOL. Tanner, I hope it isn't too much longer for you two. Actually for anyone.

I saw it, drove it, took it, and will get it Friday. I had to get home and couldn't stay for all the paperwork but they have my $$.

Here 'tis … I hope. If this doesn't work, I'll try again but will also take better pictures, inside and out, Friday.

post-44349-0-41446500-1361414416_thumb.jpg

post-44349-0-19740900-1361414489_thumb.jpg

post-44349-0-53448700-1361414578_thumb.jpg

I saw it, drove it, took it, and will get it Friday. I had to get home and couldn't stay for all the paperwork but they have my $$.

Here 'tis … I hope. If this doesn't work, I'll try again but will also take better pictures, inside and out, Friday.

Is that crystal champagne or white platinum?

Congratulations! Beautiful car you got there!

Thank you …. it's white platinum, w/dune interior. The light interior makes it feel huge inside. The Panoramic roof can opened and stopped anywhere and the inside cover over the glass is actually a rollup screen that just disappears when it's not in use. This is the hybrid … and I don't know what was happening, but the person who went with me had to keep telling me to slow down in town! :-) I turned around at the intersection of a small side street and it has a good turning radius. I've always missed the short wheelbase I had on previous Volvos that used to turn on a dime.

Edited by Dedonut

Thank you …. it's white platinum, w/dune interior. The light interior makes it feel huge inside. The Panoramic roof can opened and stopped anywhere and the inside cover over the glass is actually a rollup screen that just disappears when it's not in use. This is the hybrid … and I don't know what was happening, but the person who went with me had to keep telling me to slow down in town! :-) I turned around at the intersection of a small side street and it has a good turning radius. I've always missed the short wheelbase I had on previous Volvos that used to turn on a dime.

lol you're killing me here, I haven't even test driven any MKZ yet. Been in a few of the auto shows and took the usual tour around the car like a groupie. So jealous. Grats again.

TY … I'm beginning to feel guilty. Cheer up … I won't have it until Friday. :-)

Congratulations, you’re wait is over!!!

That is good looking! I noticed a video on YouTube of a white one in the center of what I think was an acoustic room. We have been angling for the Ruby Red all along but that white was so good looking. We went to as dealer a couple of weeks ago in Indy because they had both colors. Although the white (Crystal Champagne) was stunning in person we ended sticking with the Red for fear that the white would be tough to keep clean here.

Anyway, the Lincoln Customer Service Rep was great. We talked for quite awhile, he gave me his name, days and hours he works, and his direct line and ext. and said to call him anytime. LOL. He was so great I wish I'd called weeks ago. He reiterated the literally billions Ford has invested in re-establishing the Lincoln brand and how determined they are that these will be right. So, when we get them, they should be the best they've got. :-)

I've found no such luck. Quite the opposite unfortunately, but congratulations to you on yours. I may try to see if I can find an unsold incoming too.