Production delay

dbmstng

I found a notification that says

2013 Ford Fusion /

Fusion Hybrid

10-12 (A)

Job 1 for Start/Stop (47B) is not expected until January due to a supplier issue

So it sounds like cars with the auto start stop, hybrids and some 1.6EB's might be delayed until January. But my Titanium seems to be delayed too. Anyone else have some info?

Ughhh, not the topic you want to see on a Friday morning. Of course I am interested in either the 1.6 EB (which I may be able to find on a dealer lot within the next couple weeks) or the Hybrid (which I would have to order). If I decide on the Hybrid, looks like I would have to wait until March maybe :(

Hopefully someone can find more info on this.

Looking at the site, this is just for add-on (47B) which is just the Auto Start/Stop on the 1.6EB engine. Since we have already acknowledged that the start/stop system on the 1.6EB and the system on the hybrid are similar they are indeed different. I don't think this delay involves the Hybrids.

Looking at the site, this is just for add-on (47B) which is just the Auto Start/Stop on the 1.6EB engine. Since we have already acknowledged that the start/stop system on the 1.6EB and the system on the hybrid are similar they are indeed different. I don't think this delay involves the Hybrids.

Exactly. If it was delaying the hybrids it would specifically say that and would not reference the 47B option. It's probably the starter motor or the battery which are different.

Edited by akirby

This news only applies to new Fusion fleet orders for DONLEN. This is their unique production schedule with ford.

If there is a supplier issue that causes a parts shortage, it will affect every vehicle that uses that part, not just certain customers.

I work for a company that makes parts for the Chrysler Pentastar V6. If we don't ship quality parts out the door, no V6's get made.

Exactly. If they run out of parts for Stop/Start, they run out regardless of fleet order or not. Now granted, what this may mean is the small supply they have might go to retail/dealer orders first. But if that supply runs out before they start receiving more parts again, then it will affect retail/dealer orders.

We ship parts to GM, Chrysler, and Mercedes. We ship on a weekly and sometimes bi-weekly basis. That means they do not have more than a week or two worth of parts at the assembly plant at any one time. That is pretty standard in the automotive industry.

Also, what sense does it make to order the start/stop on a rental car? None, because the customer pays for the gas. So why pay $395 or whatever it costs for no benefit to the rental company?

Edited by dbmstng

You'd think they'd have their "stuff" in gear going into this, considering it's the "most anticipated car of 2013". All this chat about production delays, stop-ship orders and such cannot be good for the roll out and lauch of such a significant car for Ford. Hell, at this rate, maybe my car will end up being built in Michigan next year.

You'd think they'd have their "stuff" in gear going into this, considering it's the "most anticipated car of 2013". All this chat about production delays, stop-ship orders and such cannot be good for the roll out and lauch of such a significant car for Ford. Hell, at this rate, maybe my car will end up being built in Michigan next year.

It doesn't take much to throw off production with the "just in time" inventory method used by automakers. One supplier screw up halts everything.

I can tell you that my Titanium was built today. So there is at least some production going on. Whether or not the start/stop cars are back o being built, I couldn't tell you.

• Like 1

Just gave them a call..Donlen...according to them its both fleet and commercial..AND...it is affecting the hybrid and non-hybrid car....that's straight from their mouth..

If the Job 1 delay on Start/Stop is on package 47B then Hybrid is NOT affected.

Donlen has no idea what they are talking about. If the Hybrid was included with the delay they would have included 99U in the update.

• Like 1

If the Job 1 delay on Start/Stop is on package 47B then Hybrid is NOT affected.

Donlen has no idea what they are talking about. If the Hybrid was included with the delay they would have included 99U in the update.

Or maybe they aren't as technical as the readers of this forum and the person listing that shortage didnt think there was a seperate "number" or "code" for the hybrid with the same technology? Who really knows..honestly its hard to believe this is even a problem at all because they are the only ones I've heard it from...this thread is news to me..even my dealer doesnt know about this! So either ( A ) the company's claims that it is affecting both commercial and fleet vehicles may be wrong or ( B )the fact that they say both hybrid and non hybrid are being affected or ( C ) you guys assuming their information is wrong based on what you're reading from their website and maybe you're wrong.

Let's not forget Fords 2013 Fusion site STILL HAS WRONG INFORMATION UP ALL OVER THE PLACE...every week i go to take a look around they've changed wordings on features or removed features all together they dont want people to know about. So I'm not going to assume anything because honestly, I don't really care. All that matters to me is I've ordered my hybrid and my dealer hasnt told me there is a hold up so i dont care really..if there is any "good" parts left one is going in my car as far as i'm concerned. I would suggest anyone getting the gas model say the same...until this becomes something bigger than one person finding something on some companies website then it's not really an issue for 2013 fusion orderers in our country.

Now If i do want to assume stuff..I can..or i can call them and get some facts from people on the phone which is what i did.. So I call and you tell me she doesnt know what shes talking about....well I read that website and I don't really think it applies to any of us..so we can all assume whatever makes us happy and just wait until it affects us and we hear about it from our own real sources: our dealership telling us our order has been personally affected by some shortage.

Whether you ordered the hybrid or not, don't bother with what some Dolahan or Dulhan..or whatever it's called posts on their website.

Edited by DarkeRetribution

Or maybe they aren't as technical as the readers of this forum and the person listing that shortage didnt think there was a seperate "number" or "code" for the hybrid with the same technology? Who really knows..honestly its hard to believe this is even a problem at all because they are the only ones I've heard it from...this thread is news to me..even my dealer doesnt know about this! So either ( A ) the company's claims that it is affecting both commercial and fleet vehicles may be wrongwrong or ( B )the fact that they say both hybrid and non hybrid are being affected or ( C ) you guys assuming their information is wrong based on what you're reading from their website and maybe you're wrong.

Let's not forget Fords 2013 Fusion site STILL HAS WRONG INFORMATION UP ALL OVER THE PLACE...every week i go to take a look around they've changed wordings on features or removed features all together they dont want people to know about. So I'm not going to assume anything because honestly, I don't really care. All that matters to me is I've ordered my hybrid and my dealer hasnt told me there is a hold up so i dont care really..if there is any "good" parts left one is going in my car as far as i'm concerned. I would suggest anyone getting the gas model say the same...until this becomes something bigger than one person finding something on some companies website then it's not really an issue for 2013 fusion orderers in our country.

Now If i do want to assume stuff..I can..or i can call them and get some facts from people on the phone which is what i did.. So I call and you tell me she doesnt know what shes talking about....well I read that website and I don't really think it applies to any of us..so we can all assume whatever makes us happy and just wait until it affects us and we hear about it from our own real sources: our dealership telling us our order has been personally affected by some shortage.

I totally understand what you're saying. I thank you for calling them to get this clarified. From the sounds of it because they listed it under: 2013 Fusion/Hybrid the women looked at that information on her screen and assumed it was for both models. Not even understanding what 47B stands for.

I have contacted my dealership to see if they heard anything on the situation and they have heard nothing regarding the Hybrids. He did say that the expected wait time for the start/stop has been extended but # of weeks are unknown. January for start/stop is a fairly serious delay. I am surprised this hasn't been announced in other places. Anyways it will be good to keep the Dunlen site bookmarked to see if things change in the next few weeks.

• Like 1