Have you seen one in the wild yet?

elle

I know a couple here have finally taken delivery. I know there have been several sold in my local area, but I've never seen on on the road or "in the wild," as they say. Has anyone? If not, I wonder how long it will take before they start showing up everywhere.

I saw one at school today...i was sooo shocked because i thought i'd be the first one getting mine...as in i was the first one to place my order...the dealer placed their order after i placed mine..but low and behold i saw one..i was shocked..both in that i couldnt believe my eyes there was a 2013 fusion right there in a parking meter spot but two that i didnt know the dealership had any! As it drove away i just watched...it was sterling gray...i called my dealership up and was like DID YOU GET ANY IN HOW MANY ARE LEFT? lol..they said they had gotten some during the first part of this week...sold the first 3 the first day and 2 more the next day..they said they have like 3 left or so..i told them when i was expecting mine...guess their order priority was wayyy over mine as i still have a month to wait :/

My build date is October 29th and they said my ETA is November 22nd....damn thats way longer than i expected after its built to just leave mexico and come up california half way lol...im really hoping i get it wayyyy before that date...i was thinking november 15th the latest lol...anyway it looked good..owner probably had it for like 2 days so far...i didnt get to see the front that much just the blue oval on top since it wasnt backing up in a good view from me but i saw the back and it looks cool...i cant believe 5 people in my city are driving one...im going to be on the look out...it will be close to 10 by the end of the week i bet...but i know this guy parks on campus so imma be hunting him down EVERY DAY....and imma camp at the car until he gets out of class and be like HEY CAN I RIDE IN IT...NOOO IM NOT CRAZY THIS IS JUST THE SECOND TIME I'VE SEEN ONE LIVE IN MY LIFE AND MINE WONT BE HERE FOR ANOTHER MONTH...LET ME SIT INSIDE? YEAH? lmao

I have not seen any on the road yet. When I took one for a test drive I was getting constant stares and rubbernecking. :D I can't wait until I'm driving mine around. :shift:

My husband and I bought a Nissan Cube a few years ago, which is his car to drive. We STILL get stares in that thing!

I saw a black one the other day it was an SE with no exterior packages from what I can tell. Before I knew what it was it was too far away for me to get a better look. I tried to catch up, but I was stuck in the slow lane of the highway and couldn't get over.

Edited by JSKershaw

I saw a car transporter heading the other way on the expressway completely full with new Fusions? Does that count?

No. I live in Metro Detroit and have only seen one on road so far even though Bill Brown Ford down road already has over 100 in inventory. With Ford doing no advertising as of yet, and no special lease deals, I don't think they are moving off lot much as of yet anyway. I did get a brochure from Bill Brown other day though that offers 2013 Fusion SE with 2.5L engine only for $235/month with $1300 down for 24 months. They said they have over 200 in stock at that price.

Ford is probably waiting for stock levels to increase at dealerships before they start promoting them all over the place. They don't want people going to the dealerships looking for the vehicle and either the dealership has one in stock or none. My guess is that they will start promoting them heavily in December or even January.

No. I live in Metro Detroit and have only seen one on road so far even though Bill Brown Ford down road already has over 100 in inventory. With Ford doing no advertising as of yet, and no special lease deals, I don't think they are moving off lot much as of yet anyway. I did get a brochure from Bill Brown other day though that offers 2013 Fusion SE with 2.5L engine only for $235/month with $1300 down for 24 months. They said they have over 200 in stock at that price.

They show 199 Fusions but only 45 or so are "in stock" - the rest are on order. And a lot of those 45 "in stock" have already been sold I'm sure. I seriously doubt the dealers are having any trouble selling 2013 Fusions right now. Even in Metro Detroit.

I'm in the midst of shopping for my daughter for a car or SUV. I hit two different dealers to look at some vehicles this past weekend. The dealership where I ordered my car from has 3 Fusions on the lot. One S and two SEs. Colors were black, white and silver. The other dealer had 2 Fusions. Both of them were SEs. One blue and one gray. I really think that Ford won't start advertising on TV until dealers have a larger stock of vehicles. After all, what's the point of advertising if you do not have product to sell.

Funny thing about all this. Last week my wife was watching New Girl. That particular episode had a whole part about the new Fusion. I was working on my laptop (next to her) when I heard the words Ford Fusion on the TV. I looked up and there was a silver Fusion on a rotating platform. Pretty funny! I looked over at my wife and said, there you have it. The new Fusion! HAHA. I'm getting the Ruby Red one, but I think Ford is slowly trying to get the word out.

but I think Ford is slowly trying to get the word out.

I suppose the marketing-types know when to best make their ad buys based on supply of vehicles available, but also right now they're competing with a buttload of political ads (especially here in VA, we are getting swamped), so after Nov 6th I bet there are a lot more time slots open for car commercials.

• Like 1

I drive up to 300 miles a day in many different states here in the NE. Haven't seen one on the road yet. The dealer where I ordered mine has about 8 on lot, and my order was the first customer ordered car they have had.

Edited by hermans

I saw a white Titanium yesterday on I-294 west of Chicago heading north. First one I've seen on the road. I can't get over what a nice looking car it is. Then on my return trip I saw a car transporter full of new Fusions heading north again. They are slowly trickling in. I read that there are about 9000 Fusions in inventory so far. Also, Ford is finally planning to start advertising the Fusion. Read all about it here.

http://www.autonews.com/article/20121102/RETAIL03/311029777/ford-fusion-ad-blitz-stresses-beauty-to-vanquish-rivals

• Like 2

I saw a white Titanium yesterday on I-294 west of Chicago heading north. First one I've seen on the road. I can't get over what a nice looking car it is. Then on my return trip I saw a car transporter full of new Fusions heading north again. They are slowly trickling in. I read that there are about 9000 Fusions in inventory so far. Also, Ford is finally planning to start advertising the Fusion. Read all about it here.

http://www.autonews....vanquish-rivals

Lots of commercials coming out too!

• 3 weeks later...