Shipping ETA - TBD

expresspotato

Are you freakin' serious ??

The unfortunate problem with all major (Big) corporations is that there are times they make money in spite of themselves.

Completely "process" oriented - no thinking involved. All they had to do was have ONE person look at the 300-odd 'customer' orders - even someone geographically challenged would be able to figure out that anyone with a MICHIGAN, MINNESOTA, OHIO, INDIANA, WISCONSIN destination should be shipped direct from Flat Rock.....and those are just the ones that are blatantly obvious.....Oh.....wait. And it would have SAVED THEM MONEY too.

Are you sure all these cars are completely finished? Or do the have more to do at the production plant?

Off site means it was moved to the yard where the cars are loaded in the rail cars before being humped out to be built into a train. So its saying it was put out there then returned for something like fix paperwork or paint flaw something like that.

That's what I was getting at. Offsite probably does not mean Flat Rock. This happens all the time.

Are you sure all these cars are completely finished? Or do the have more to do at the production plant?

None of us really know. From the looks of it - there's a 2 to 2 1/2 week period where they had some sort of "issue". It would seem reasonable to presume that it impacted everything coming off the line (which is where you get the 10 - 20,000 number that's been talked about). The small number of customer 'special orders' is just a subset of that production - and it seems that they're working their way through all of them.

All guesswork on everyone's part - the only hard data is what we can get from ETIS and cyberdman's gracious transit information.

IF (big IF) they're shipping the cars to Flat Rock and then back to Hermosillo

There is no "if". It did happen. My car...

Built 10/19

In transit to Flat Rock 10/31

Arrived at Flat Rock 11/5

Back at Hermosillo awaiting shipment 11/12

Edited by dbmstng

@akirby - Quite possible.

It's just that on the face of it - it seems ridiculous. But it is what it is and we just have to wait.

BTW - love your avatar :D - this is a case where you wonder if the 'demons of stupidity' have taken over.....

I work for one of those process bound big corporations so trust me - I know what you're getting at. But I don't think the current Ford management team operates that way and you know these decisions were made with Mulally and all the head honchos, not by some first or second level manager just following their normal process.

There is no "if". It did happen. My car...

Built 10/19

In transit to Flat Rock 10/31

Arrived at Flat Rock 11/5

Back at Hermosillo awaiting shipment 11/12

Interesting - yours was built 2 days after mine.

Did you do a custom order at the dealer or select one from a list that they'd already ordered ?

dbmstng, Are absolutely positive that it went from Flat Rock to Hermasillo? cyberdman only tells you the latest status. It would be best to contact your dealer to give you a complete Vehicle Visibility report.

The Status updates have shown Hermosillo - Flat Rock - Hermosillo. My dealership says the same thing. Unless Ford is misrepresenting the vehicle location... If it was shipped from Flat Rock to my dealership, it would have been here by now. It's a 1 day shipment from Flat Rock.

Also my car is no longer on hold.

Edited by dbmstng

I'm not on dbmaven's list and I don't have a TBD anymore. Just awaiting shipment as of 11/12 from Hemosillo.

Sure would be nice to have the tracking tool available to customers... my friend the Mopar nut says that Chrysler does have this for their special orders, so I asked him for the URL to verify, haven't heard back yet. But if it does exist, I'd like to pass it to Ford and ask why they can't offer the same..

Sure would be nice to have the tracking tool available to customers... my friend the Mopar nut says that Chrysler does have this for their special orders, so I asked him for the URL to verify, haven't heard back yet. But if it does exist, I'd like to pass it to Ford and ask why they can't offer the same..

They do have it which is why I think Ford will have it eventually just to keep up. The information is available but they need a front end to interpret that information for the customer and to hide details that the customer doesn't need to see. Maybe they'll roll this out with Lincoln as part of their new concierge type customer service.

It is not at all unusual for a company to try to keep any glitches in production from the general public and the MEDIA PRESS!! ( also the press is much more aggressive than the 60's which makes leaks much worse) We all know how things get blown out of proportion.

In the 60's when IBM was producing the hottest computer family ever to that date, (System 360) many companies ordered 360's and the waiting list was like 2 years,and then the glitched occurred.

System 360 used a new technology called SLT (Solid Logic Technology)

There was an engineering problem with the SLT chips.

IBM managed to keep this under wraps and a fix was quickly instituted and the rest is history.

Shipping was delayed to customers, but System 360 went on to become the best selling business computer ever for that time period.

Had that information leaked to media, IBM stood to loose millions and a lot of sales. Even tho the problem was quickly identified and fixed, reputations were on the line.

Ford is probably in the same boat..

Edited by chuckokie36
  • Like 1

I'll be happy to do what cyberdman does - give me a VIN, the nearest major city to you, and a dealer name and I'll say yes or no.

If you don't feel comfortable posting the VIN publicly - send me a private message.

Edit - for those reading this thread - I've spot checked a bunch more and one thing they all have in common - in the bottom center of the window sticker they all say "SPECIAL ORDER". If your sticker doesn't say that, it's pretty much guaranteed I won't find it.

Is this one on the sheet? 3FA6P0LU3DR144562

It shows special order on the sticker.

I'm no longer getting that at dealers suggestion, and having a re-order put in, waiting for the new vin.

Is this one on the sheet? 3FA6P0LU3DR144562

It shows special order on the sticker.

I'm no longer getting that at dealers suggestion, and having a re-order put in, waiting for the new vin.

Yes - Woltz & Wind Ford, Inc. 3FA6P0LU3DR144562

Curious when the dealer contacted you to suggest a re-order ?

I'll be happy to do what cyberdman does - give me a VIN, the nearest major city to you, and a dealer name and I'll say yes or no.

If you don't feel comfortable posting the VIN publicly - send me a private message.

Edit - for those reading this thread - I've spot checked a bunch more and one thing they all have in common - in the bottom center of the window sticker they all say "SPECIAL ORDER". If your sticker doesn't say that, it's pretty much guaranteed I won't find it.

If you don't mind checking....3FA6P0H98DR172037

Bill Collins Ford, Louisville

So my dealer finally pulled the VV tracking info for me, and it came back with this:

Awaiting Shipment

Sent Offsite - 22-24h (Allied Systems Ltd )

Ford Hermosillo Assembly, SO

Nov-07-2012, 03:33 MT

TBD

Awaiting Shipment

Origin Received - 4249j (Allied Systems Ltd )

Ramp 54, Hermosillo Asy, SO

Nov-06-2012, 10:39 MT

TBD

Do we have any kind of insight yet as to what "Sent Offsite - 22-24h" ?? Does that mean it's on its way to Flat Rock?

If you don't mind checking....3FA6P0H98DR172037

Bill Collins Ford, Louisville

Definitely not. The highest VINs are 3FA6nxxnDR164nnn (where n = numeric and x = alpha) - build dates all appear to be in October.

I'll comment that with a build date in ETIS of Nov. 12, it isn't very likely that the ETA is Nov. 19......

Definitely not. The highest VINs are 3FA6nxxnDR164nnn (where n = numeric and x = alpha) - build dates all appear to be in October.

I'll comment that with a build date in ETIS of Nov. 12, it isn't very likely that the ETA is Nov. 19......

Agreed on the ETA....that's just what the dealer told me, and I doubt they know what they're talking about :lol:

Thanks for checking!