Shipping ETA - TBD

expresspotato

Well, we do know they've been producing them since at least Aug. 20 based on a video of a Ford employee posting a video on that date standing in front of his special ordered vehicle awaiting QC. So, Nov. 20 or before would seem like when Job #2 will have started. That's just based on what was said above about when Job #2 starts and what we know about when they started production.

Well, per ETIS, mine was built Aug 21, and apparently moved to Flat Rock about two weeks ago (!!). Still no estimated delivery date. Sounds like mine was one of the first built, which may not be a good sign!! Trying to be patient, but. . . . .

Curious from anyone who has had to Re-Order: How long did it take, once re-ordered, to get a new VIN and build date?

Dealer emailed me on wed to call and suggested I reorder, gave me a build date by sat. I didn't bother to ask for the vin because I didn't want to obsess over this for another month. I'll be pleasantly surprised if I see this car before years end with a 12/17 build date.

Most people at dealerships have no idea what the problem is. All they know is they've got frustrated customers whose orders are delayed, which frustrates the entire dealer staff.

My sales guy was irritated over the fact that -

a ) Ford knows by the order information (even the codes that get assigned, from what I took away from the conversation) that it's a CUSTOMER order, not a dealer order for stock.

b ) Ford knows who the customer is based on that same order sheet

So - why doesn't FORD contact the customer and explain the situation?

No - they provide a list of VINs to the dealers and say - go figure out which customer you have to contact and tell them about the delay.

In this information age - where the Internet is everywhere and so is (mis)information - getting out in FRONT of a potential problem is the name of the game. Monolithic manufacturing companies, of which Ford is one, are starting to get it (look at the whole Fusion/Facebook effort) - but they're still not equipped to think in "internet time" and social media constructs.

In the meantime - all I can tell you guys is to hang in there. It is worth the wait.

Edited by dbmaven
  • Like 1

Well another week for an update and my car is still in Mexico "Awaiting Shipment". One month and counting getting a suntan. It won't be Ruby Red when I get it, It will probably be Bordeaux Red (burnt) when I receive it... How the heck can a car sit in a lot for 1 month and not move??? At least if it was sent to Flat Rock and back at least I would know that there's progress with the car. Just sitting there and not moving is a little concerning... :heartbreaker:

Edited by JSKershaw

Don't want to upset those of you that have been waiting forever for your cars but I just got a call from my dealer and my Fusion is in town and should be at the dealer later this afternoon. He told me along with the normal prep, they have to upload the latest Sync software and so I might be able to pick it up tomorrow or Friday morning at the latest.

I'm feeling very fortunate my car wasn't built until the beginning of November...

• Like 4

Don't want to upset those of you that have been waiting forever for your cars but I just got a call from my dealer and my Fusion is in town and should be at the dealer later this afternoon. He told me along with the normal prep, they have to upload the latest Sync software and so I might be able to pick it up tomorrow or Friday morning at the latest.

I'm feeling very fortunate my car wasn't built until the beginning of November...

Congratulations, gfusion!!

Be sure to post some pics for all of us to see.

• Like 1

I didn't necessarily have to "reorder", but I think mine is being treated like a reorder since they basically screwed up the original ordering process in mine. That was done on 11/9, received a VIN on 11/12 with a scheduled build date of 11/26 (with the same "try to expedite" promise).

Congrats! Look forward to the pics and driving report.

Ford should rename their "customer service" division to "apology service" because that's all I'm getting from them other than please wait an unspecified time while we correct an unspecified problem with your car.

You start with a parking lot full of 30K vehicles needing to be shipped elsewhere and repaired, then take one VIN number and figure out when that specific vehicle will be fixed. I don't see how any company could give an accurate answer under those circumstances.

You start with a parking lot full of 30K vehicles needing to be shipped elsewhere and repaired, then take one VIN number and figure out when that specific vehicle will be fixed. I don't see how any company could give an accurate answer under those circumstances.

They can if they have a robust tracking system. In this day and age I would expect Ford to be able to do just that and provide real-time complete, accurate information. It's no different than tracking a package for UPS or FedEx.
  • Like 1