Shipping ETA - TBD

expresspotato

My re-order is in town! It should leave the rail yard tomorrow, then head for the dealership. If I'm really lucky, I'll have the car tomorrow night, but Friday is more realistic. Also heard that my original order is now in Tulsa with an ETA of January 15.

Kind of bitter sweet news for me. Got an excited call from my dealer who wanted to inform me that my original (TBD hell) order is scheduled to arrive on Jan 7th.

However, back in early December, my dealer did a re-order and I sprung for the 18" painted luxury wheels which now I really want. That one isn't scheduled to arrive until the 17th. I figure I've waited so long for this car, what's 10 more days?

The thing that really annoys me is that now someone else will be driving around with my exact same build (minus the wheels). But hey! In a couple weeks I'll finally be enjoying the car I ordered in May!

Update for me......Car is now in Kansas and is working it's way toward Ontario!! Downside is ETA has changed from Jan.12 to Jan.17th....not sure why.

Dealer says that ETA Dates can change at every checkpoint along the way, so tomorrow, it may have a different ETA. Good news is that it is half way here!!

Good luck for those of you still waiting.....I imagine that all cars should be delivered within the next 20 days or so.

I will be cancelling my original order tomorrow and re-ordering with a dune interior instead.

Don't cancel your original order unless you really want a different interior. Just have your dealer re-order another vehicle for you with the dune interior -- that way if your original order arrives first, you'll get your car sooner, assuming that's the car you want.

Even though my re-order is now in town and the other is in a neighboring state, my dealer is still tracking both cars for me and I've known all along that the one to arrive first is mine and the other goes into new dealer inventory.

Good luck!

Well friends 200062 has arrived! We picked her up last night. So for the reorder the official dates have been. . .

Ordered: 11/25/12

Built: 12/10/12

Pickup: 01/02/13 (the holidays cost us about a week here).

Poor 144625 is still in Mexico. Hopefully she find a good home.

• Like 1

dealer reported to me today that it apparently moved from off site to a body shop (?!?!) then back off site awaiting shipment.

Another thread in another forum on here mentioned 18" wheels were delaying things 2-4 weeks. I got 18" on mine. So.. maybe?

dealer reported to me today that it apparently moved from off site to a body shop (?!?!) then back off site awaiting shipment.

Another thread in another forum on here mentioned 18" wheels were delaying things 2-4 weeks. I got 18" on mine. So.. maybe?

I have 18" Luxury wheels on mine and should be picking it up later today (saw it today at the dealer and it looked fabulous, better than I remembered the one I test drove).

So that shouldn't be it.

Mine was built 12/5. If I remember correctly (I was tracking more closely a few on the forum similar to mine) yours was built about the same time, right?

Edited by Salva

I have 18" Luxury wheels on mine and should be picking it up later today (saw it today at the dealer and it looked fabuluous, better than I remembered the one I test drove).

So that shouldn't be it.

Mine was built 12/5. If I remembered correctly (I was tracking more closely a few on the forum similar to mine) yours was built about the same time, right?

11/28. Just before yours. Call into ford rep, so maybe by the end of the day.

Mine took the same path. On the second trip to offsite lot it came back the next day and was loaded on a railcar and shipped late that night. The only delay during shipment was at the Dolton Junction railyard in Illinois where it sat for 1 1/2 days before hooking up for the trip East on CTX to PA.

As you may be able to tell, I'm kind of a train buff.

Edited by hermans
  • Like 1

So Ford are complete liars - my car and several others that we know of are still in Mexico. Holy crap what quality issues are they having now? Fuel tank doesn't actually fit all the gas its supposed to? Head liners crimpling and crumpling like they're a cloth just draped over the top of you car? MPG not even close to EPA (actually Ford did the test) numbers? Wind noise like the side right window is open a crack? Engines catching fire?

Uhhh there is a reason people buy Japanese brands like Nissan, Toyota, Lexus, Honda, Accura etc... Doubt they had <-----1----- 2---- 3---- THIS MANY ---4 ---------5 ------6 -----> problems out the door.

So Ford are complete liars - my car and several others that we know of are still in Mexico. Holy crap what quality issues are they having now? Fuel tank doesn't actually fit all the gas its supposed to? Head liners crimpling and crumpling like they're a cloth just draped over the top of you car? MPG not even close to EPA (actually Ford did the test) numbers? Wind noise like the side right window is open a crack? Engines catching fire?

Uhhh there is a reason people buy Japanese brands like Nissan, Toyota, Lexus, Honda, Accura etc... Doubt they had <-----1----- 2---- 3---- THIS MANY ---4 ---------5 ------6 -----> problems out the door.

So why don't you go buy a Japanese car and stop whining about this one?

• Like 1

just got the call that my original order is now sitting at the dealership!

crazy. my salesman told me he's putting it aside for the next week or so until it's confirmed that my second order (with the larger wheels) is actually getting shipped. in the mean time he told me to come down and take it for a spin!!

super excited.

• Like 1

So why don't you go buy a Japanese car and stop whining about this one?

Well fuck - I put money down for a car HALF A YEAR AGO. The Fusion seems like a nice car but what a company that makes cars but has them recalled one after another and can't bother to deliver it. Your comments are always so snarly what is your problem.

I will be cancelling my original order tomorrow and re-ordering with a dune interior instead.

Whatever happened with this? Did the dealer create another order? Haven't we seen several others make a second order with a higher priority than '10' and have it built and shipped very quickly? Maybe your dealer should have done that a couple months ago, or maybe are you stuck in that "employee pricing" catch-22? I saw some posts from some of the Canadians that had that issue, don't remember if you are one.

Well fuck - I put money down for a car HALF A YEAR AGO. The Fusion seems like a nice car but what a company that makes cars but has them recalled one after another and can't bother to deliver it. Your comments are always so snarly what is your problem.

My problem is your attitude. If you don't want to wait then just cancel your order. Nobody has a gun to your head. You don't have to constantly complain and call Ford liars, etc. etc.

My problem is your attitude. If you don't want to wait then just cancel your order. Nobody has a gun to your head. You don't have to constantly complain and call Ford liars, etc. etc.

That's because they are and they do... Their employees and staff said end of December all the TBD vehicles would be shipped. If you hadn't checked your calendar recently we're now in January.

That's because they are and they do... Their employees and staff said end of December all the TBD vehicles would be shipped. If you hadn't checked your calendar recently we're now in January.

If today you said you were going to wash the car on Saturday and Friday night you got called out of town on business and therefore did not wash the car on Saturday - was that a lie?

Edited by akirby

If today you said you were going to wash the car on Saturday and Friday night you got called out of town on business and therefore did not wash the car on Saturday - was that a lie?

Well yes that still makes the earlier statement a lie, weather intentionally or not the statement made is false.

Verb

lie (third-person singular simple present lies, present participle lying, simple past and past participle lied)

To give false information intentionally.

When Pinocchio lies, his nose grows.

If you are found to have lied in court, you could face a penalty. (MPG Claims anyone)?

To convey a false image or impression.

Photos often lie.

Hips don't lie.

lie (plural lies)

A intentionally false statement; an intentional falsehood.

I knew he was telling a lie by his facial expression.

A statement intended to deceive, even if literally true; a half-truth

Your question is really about being non sequitur.

(logical fallacy) Any invalid argument in which the conclusion cannot be logically deduced from the premises; a logical fallacy.

Edited by expresspotato