Shipping ETA - TBD

expresspotato

It's a Titanium in White Platinum - sunroof w/garage door opener, 19" H-spoke dark aluminum wheels & driver-assist package.  I had ordered the premium floormats, but will decline them if I can.  I ordered some custom mats from AutoSport that I had seen in a friend's car.  They arrived last week and look fabulous!

Awesome! I'll have to check AutoSport out. Seems the Titanium model is a fast shipper from two examples I've read here. Hope you have tons of fun in your new Titanium!

• Like 1

It's a priority 9 (Normal).  I was told they were pushing to get as many as possible out last week before the plant shuts down for the holidays this week.  I was really skeptical that it would happen, but I got lucky.  I think it shipped Saturday, 12/22, after being built Wednesday, 12/19.

From what I have read on here in other threads, a Priority of '10' is the highest priority (lowest number) that a dealer can order, so I guess someone higher got involved -- which is how it should be on any of these TBD orders, IMHO.  I just wondered if the priority always gives a higher position when it comes to shipping also, or just with getting the car built.  I guess maybe we can see how coach81's order goes, as I think his build date was also 12/19 and headed to Louisiana, so logically it would ride right along similar rail car routing, but I guess there are many more moving parts to think that's the logic is that simple.

Supposedly, my car is in transit in Iowa. I am from Nebraska. I wish I knew what part of Iowa it was in. It doesn't have an ETA yet. Does that really matter at this point? I am hoping it will come in on Monday...but seriously not feeling it will... :(

Have you gone to your sales manager (not the salesman) at your dealer and asked them to run a "Vehicle Visibility Report" on the VIN? Once it's moving on a rail car it will register as it passes various checkpoints (I assume via RFID)... and the dealer should be able to see where the latest checkpoint was, and what the current ETA says. Seems if it is in Iowa and you are in Nebraska then it's almost there, unless weather has held things up.

My dealer shows eta for my se hybrid  around mid jan as of today. Status says bucked, and has a rail car id. What does bucked mean?

BUCKED 3 BUCKED• Your order has begun productionIf the order has been in this status for more than five working days, and assistance is required, call the Vehicle Ordering Processing Center.

I found that in the below doc:

http://www.themustan...iryGlossary.pdf

I actually just got an email from a customer service representative you has been emailing day-to-day over the car since it was so close. It is in my hometown now! I hope that means it is at the dealership. I should get it either today, tomorrow, or Monday...I am hoping. Thanks for your input Jeff_h. :)

• Like 2

Just received an exciting update from my dealer.....Vehicle has now been released and is in Transit!! ETA : Jan.12,2013.

It has been a very long wait (ordered July 14,2012), and have been on the verge of cancelling the order, but I am happy that I have been able to wait it out.

For those of you still waiting for your Fusions from TBD Land......dealer says that all but a handful of Fusions that were TBD have been released as of today.

Happy New Year!!

Edited by FusionTime
  • Like 1

Of course the TBDs are being released! My re-order appears to be at the rail yard on the east side of town and should be at the dealer's any day now. I kidded around saying the two cars would probably travel to Houston together. Now it looks as thought the original might show up a week or so after the re-order.

Just received an exciting update from my dealer.....Vehicle has now been released and is in Transit!! ETA : Jan.12,2013.

It has been a very long wait (ordered July 14,2012), and have been on the verge of cancelling the order, but I am happy that I have been able to wait it out.

For those of you still waiting for your Fusions from TBD Land......dealer says that all but a handful of Fusions that were TBD have been released as of today.

Happy New Year!!

I can confirm (directly through a relative on temporary duty at Hermosillo) the cars in the "hold" lots has dwindled to "next to nothing.

Edited by hermans

mine was moved to tbd today :(

edit: I pressed my dealer today, and fortunately for me, I got the one lady who has been nice enough (previously and now) to actually dig a bit. I told her that I had gotten TDB for several weeks at this point, and that there was no recalls on it. She agreed looking in her system (OASIS she called it, but it showed the same info as ETIS apparently) and went to go find some folks.

Her sales manager mentioned some trim or molding. I said that that recall had been done since September, and the last recall had been back in October, before my car had been built. She mentioned a Sync update, I said it had been out for several weeks and my car did not show that it needed it, AND that it had come out before my car was built. I also mentioned that I knew a guy who ordered the week after me, had his car built the week after mine, and got his this last weekend, so I really wanted some answers.

So, she's digging, which is good. I was effuse with my praise, so I expect that I might get some honest results. However, it moved status (to TDB from no eta...) today, so that's something.

Edited by raleel

Happy New Year!!

When was your car built and what's the VIN number? I would like to see how close it is to mine since we both live in Ontario and I have been in TBD hell for 2.5 months.

When was your car built and what's the VIN number? I would like to see how close it is to mine since we both live in Ontario and I have been in TBD hell for 2.5 months.

Yup... Two more days until I get an update from Cybedrman. I saw two Fusions in Toronto yesterday :(

Edited by expresspotato

Yup... Two more days until I get an update from Cybedrman. I saw two Fusions in Toronto yesterday :(

Yeah, I'm hoping for some good news once I get my update. On Sunday I saw an Ice Storm Hybrid at another dealerships lot. I'm hoping that means they're on their way. If only it was any other colour than Ice Storm I may be interested in it. It did have the luxury package and the 18" Luxury rims. I just can't get past the colour...

I wish you luck! Oh wait, we're in the same boat! Ahhhh our boat has been sinking for 6 months now!

Maybe time to jump ship...

Well, it looks like we're both still in TBD hell!!!

This has got to be a record as the most botched launch for any company... I guess the "handful" of remaining Fusions are ours...

Ford you failed!!! Time to get your act straightened out for crying out loud!

• Like 1

So, friend of mine who works at Ford got back to me after vacation. His words were to the effect of "sometimes it's in TBD even when it's on the train and miraculously, it shows up". This apparently happened to his officemate.

i'm going to press my dealership to use their account with the train company.

Finally got notice today that my '13 Fusion Hybrid is finally out of TBD hell. :drop:

Built 9/28/12, now on a train heading north from Hermosillo and currently in Nogales, AZ. Estimated arrival at the dealership the week of 1/16.

It's about time Ford! Looks like I'll be spending the weekend cleaning up the '04 Expedition for trade-in.