Shipping ETA - TBD

expresspotato

This! I think when the vehicle is done, they're sending it off site to have the remote starter installed (total guess) and that's what has delayed my second vehicle. Either that or the wheels.

Just got a call from my dealer who said the vehicle has returned from "OFF SITE AWAITING SHIPMENT" to "RETURNED FROM OFF SITE AWAITING SHIPMENT"

So hopefully it hops on the next train out of there.

Mine went to offsite a second time and returned the same day and was shipped out that night,,just before midnight.

I spoke to my dealer today to get an update on the re-order and it's current status is Unscheduled Clean. They contacted Ford Canada yesterday to see why my original order is still TBD. Apparently Ford Canada will locate the car and expedite my original order. The dealership will get an update either Thursday or Friday next week to get a status on the expedited process. I just hope this isn't a run-around tactic. At least I know the re-order is in the system.

Edited by JSKershaw

Has anyone placed an order recently (as in the past week or two) and how long where you told till was supposed to be delivered? I'm looking at ordering a Fusion Ti or Taurus SHO at the end of next month and was wondering what the ETA would be for the Fusion would be...figured the SHO would be 4-8 weeks..and I don't want the car till late March when the weather gets better.

Has anyone placed an order recently (as in the past week or two) and how long where you told till was supposed to be delivered? I'm looking at ordering a Fusion Ti or Taurus SHO at the end of next month and was wondering what the ETA would be for the Fusion would be...figured the SHO would be 4-8 weeks..and I don't want the car till late March when the weather gets better.

Your looking at 8-12 weeks for the Fusion Ti

I expect mine this week. It's in Portland, and I'm 3 hours from there. The dealer said it normally take a couple of days.

I'm a touch nervous because my purchase order does not have an x plan price on it. They claimed that it'll be adjusted at the purchase time, but I'd be more comfortable with that.

I'm new here and have been catching up on the story. Here's mine.

• Ordered an FFH with all the options, including the remote start and 18" wheels, on August 26, 2012. This is an X-Plan order.
  • I was informed that the order was put on parts hold until October because of remote start.
  • In October, I got a VIN (172161) and a build date of November 7. Expected dealer delivery date date was November 16.
  • Car was built on time, but sent out for QA. At this time, I was told that all 2013 Fusions were being sent out for QA. Reason was headliners.
  • Car came back from QA and sat at Hermosilla on November 13. Was told the reason was lack of railcar availability due to diverting inventory to the east because of Sandy.
  • Got weekly updates of no status change. Still sitting in Mexico. They surmised it was the last-in-first-out situation due to the backlogged inventory from no railcars.
  • On December 13, the dealer reordered the car. They also tried to modify a stock order to match my order, and everything but the color was able to be changed.
  • On January 18, I got a second VIN (235475) and a build date of February 4. Original order is still waiting for shipment in Mexico.

I found this forum (and the external sub-forum) last month. Until then, I thought it was just me. Now I know it was everyone.

With everyone starting to get their cars, it's back to being just me again. I must also have been one of the first builds into the lot when the backups began.

With everyone starting to get their cars, it's back to being just me again. I must also have been one of the first builds into the lot when the backups began.

Not quite - your first one (172161) was built on Nov 7th, but a couple users here had theirs built in the middle of October... and still waiting! So it's a good thing you got the second order, who knows when the first one will show up.

I'm new here and have been catching up on the story. Here's mine.

• Ordered an FFH with all the options, including the remote start and 18" wheels, on August 26, 2012. This is an X-Plan order.
  • I was informed that the order was put on parts hold until October because of remote start.
  • In October, I got a VIN (172161) and a build date of November 7. Expected dealer delivery date date was November 16.
  • Car was built on time, but sent out for QA. At this time, I was told that all 2013 Fusions were being sent out for QA. Reason was headliners.
  • Car came back from QA and sat at Hermosilla on November 13. Was told the reason was lack of railcar availability due to diverting inventory to the east because of Sandy.
  • Got weekly updates of no status change. Still sitting in Mexico. They surmised it was the last-in-first-out situation due to the backlogged inventory from no railcars.
  • On December 13, the dealer reordered the car. They also tried to modify a stock order to match my order, and everything but the color was able to be changed.
  • On January 18, I got a second VIN (235475) and a build date of February 4. Original order is still waiting for shipment in Mexico.

I found this forum (and the external sub-forum) last month. Until then, I thought it was just me. Now I know it was everyone.

Yep, mine was built on October 19th and my VIN is 151030, I'm sure it's still in Mexico. I have a second order that's currently unscheduled clean as of last week. I have been playing this waiting game since August 18th... I'm actually surprised I have held on this long... Ford owes me big time! LOL

• Like 1

I know. There are several stragglers still active on this thread. I just wanted to add myself to the list.

My point was that I thought it was just me, until I found this forum. My dealer told me that there were many special orders around the same time as mine (not sure if they were all FFH), but they all were delivered except for mine. News like that can make one feel jinxed!

Maybe misery loves company. Regardless, I found company.

My second order just shipped - ordered on January 9th, built on January 21st, shipped by January 24th (today). It has an ETA of February 6th!

I don't get stuff like that. You can order your car two weeks ago and get it in a month. Others can order their car before you (but after the TBD fiasco) and still not get it until after you. Boggles the mind.

I don't get stuff like that. You can order your car two weeks ago and get it in a month. Others can order their car before you (but after the TBD fiasco) and still not get it until after you. Boggles the mind.

Well this was after I was stuck in TBD land for months after being produced.

My only advice is to get to know people in high places.

Hello all, just found the site tonight. Great info... Very eye opening. I had all but decided to order my Fusion this weekend, but after reading this board, I'm definitely fearful of doing that now as my current car is truly on its last leg. I feel bad for some of you guys that have been waiting for so long - I had a similar experience back in 1994 with the newly designed Ford Mustang. Even my dealer admitted people working at Ford were somehow jumping me in line.

Anyway, here's what I'm considering ordering: 1.6 MT, with the MFT upgrade, and the appearance pkg. Will be an X-Plan.

Anyone have an idea on how long this will really take to get in? My dealer said 6-8 weeks... does he have a clue, or just making up a number? Also, does it make a difference which dealer you order from?

Edited by Christoph_C

Welcome! To give you a reference point, I ordered my Hybrid in late October (just after the whole recall and TBD situation luckily) and picked it up on 12/22. It was delivered on 12/20. So for me it was about 7 weeks. My dealer does pretty good business....probably higher than normal volumes but not the top i am guessing.

Ya. Mine took 14 from order to receive (getting today).

However, this board kind of self selects. Those of us who are not getting their needs met probably gripe the most :)

Lots of folks got theirs sooner. If you can find it on a lot, go for that! Shop around online.

Thanks guys.

I could definitely live with 7 weeks that you got Imp.

Would love to find it online... From what I read the manual is special order only, so not too sure I'd get lucky enough to find one. Will definitely try before I order though. Is there a way to search on Ford's website? Only thing I found trying a search just put me in touch with a dealer.

Raleel... Congrats on getting your car today! To your point (but a bit off topic)... You think the "selects" might also be happening with the MPG on 2.0? I'd prefer that engine over the 1.6, but I keep reading everywhere the 2.0 is falling far short of the advertised gas mileage.

Heh. I wold not be surprised if 2.0 drivers tended to be more aggressive. I know I would be one... I had a hard time keeping the hybrid in EV mode last night driving around :)

It's a great car. I'll post pictures when I get up on my computer instead of using an ipad app. Comments have been nothing it positive, and it is a substantial upgrade in tech and luxury over our 2001 civic ex.