New Fusion Owner Pics and Impressions

MineralstangGT

When it's on, it should show this in the left LCD display (sorry about the photo quailty/white borders - I grabbed it from elsewhere):

lane.jpg

If you have the "car in lane" display, but the lane markers are grey, that means the system is on but it can't find the lane markers. Of course, this would be another situation where you wouldn't get any assists or warnings.

I thought I had turned it on in settings but I've never seen it on any display. Read the manual, seems to say a button on steering wheel but I don't see it described in steering wheel section.

I did the same thing iggnutts when I first drove the car. I saw that it was set to aid+alert, but didn't realize I needed to turn it on from the stalk. When I finally turned it on, I could definitely feel the wheel turn/fake rumble strips.

That's great news :) What's a little annoying (but is probably a good thing overall) is it always need to be turned on - unless set as such from your MyKey setting.

Edited by expresspotato

I thought I had turned it on in settings but I've never seen it on any display. Read the manual, seems to say a button on steering wheel but I don't see it described in steering wheel section.

There should be a button located on the turn signal stalk similar to the one in this image

ford_safety_tour_lanedeparturewarning_la

So, I was able to record the transmission flare from 3rd to 4th that I am starting to experience. Like I said earlier, it seems to be getting worst. I even unplugged the battery last night for 10 minutes hoping it would force the transmission to re-learn, but that didn't help.

Listen at :18 seconds and :41 seconds and you will hear a sudden surge before it finally switches gears. I am calling the dealer today, because that is not normal.

On a side note, the battery is tucked in under the bottom of the windshield and is tough to get to the negative cable. Also, disconnecting it did not cause me to lose my stereo settings.

I'm having issues using lane keeping as we'll. it doesn't seem to warn or assist for me. On safe conditions, with no cars around me I've let it drift out if the lane into another lane or the shoulder and got no warming or assist despite having the settings set for that.

As previously mentioned, it does have to be on.

But something I noticed is once I had it on it wouldn't really do much and then I dug into some of the settings on the left side and there are adjustments you can make to the lane keeping system to turn the sensitivity up. Mine was set to "low" (or something like that) and I turned it up to "medium", there was also a "high". I dont think those are any of the right terms that our car uses but you should be able to find it in the settings and make the adjustment.

Edited by deadman64

I think you can order a new nav card and do it yourself but I'm not sure where those instructions were posted.

I just went to syncmyride.com and it had a message saying a new software update was ready and I can click here to order a new nav card.

Is this install pretty easy (once I get a new nav card) or does everyone recommend I just have the dealer do it?

I just went to syncmyride.com and it had a message saying a new software update was ready and I can click here to order a new nav card.

Is this install pretty easy (once I get a new nav card) or does everyone recommend I just have the dealer do it?

Very easy. Download to usb drive. Start car. Do a master reset. Insert USB. Wait 45 minutes.

What version of Sync do you currently have before the update?

Very easy. Download to usb drive. Start car. Do a master reset. Insert USB. Wait 45 minutes.

Hmm, I ask because I had tried to run the Status Checker tool a month or two ago and it didn't work at all. Just didn't leave me very confident in the update process.

What version of Sync do you currently have before the update?
Sync VersionGen2 - V3.2.2

EDIT: Looks like I can't even order an SD Card...keep getting this error:

Error processing tax. Please verify address information and try again.

Edited by deadman64

Hmm, I ask because I had tried to run the Status Checker tool a month or two ago and it didn't work at all. Just didn't leave me very confident in the update process.

Status checker has always been buggy even before MFT.

Hmm, I am driving the same model with Nav and syncmyride says I am on version V3.2.2 and it did not have a message saying I had an update available. How did the message show up on the Website?

Below my version # is also this:

Confirmed Installations

DA5T-14D546-AF
DA5T-14F496-AF
DA5T-14F497-AF
DA5T-14F657-AG

Hmm, I am driving the same model with Nav and syncmyride says I am on version V3.2.2 and it did not have a message saying I had an update available. How did the message show up on the Website?

Below my version # is also this:

Confirmed Installations

DA5T-14D546-AF
DA5T-14F496-AF
DA5T-14F497-AF
DA5T-14F657-AG

I logged into Syncmyride and clicked the sync updates tab at the top.

Then the first block message is an 'important message' saying there is an update, and a link to update now. Can't miss it.

Mine:

DA5T-14D546-AF
DA5T-14F496-AF
DA5T-14F497-AF

DA5T-14F657-AG

But again, can't even order the A4 SD card...ughhh

Found it. Mine looks just a bit different. It works, but not as well as I thought.

As said above, there are settings to adjust the sensitivity of it. Maybe try a higher sensitivity.

So, I was able to record the transmission flare from 3rd to 4th that I am starting to experience. Like I said earlier, it seems to be getting worst. I even unplugged the battery last night for 10 minutes hoping it would force the transmission to re-learn, but that didn't help.

Listen at :18 seconds and :41 seconds and you will hear a sudden surge before it finally switches gears. I am calling the dealer today, because that is not normal.

On a side note, the battery is tucked in under the bottom of the windshield and is tough to get to the negative cable. Also, disconnecting it did not cause me to lose my stereo settings.

That is definitely not normal. Let us know what the dealer says.

I never posted pictures/details of my car in this thread, so here it goes. :) I picked her up on the 17th of December, after pre-ordering well in advance (May) and going through TBD hell (first car was built on Oct. 20th, and STILL hasn't left Mexico). A second order was placed for me after the TBD fiasco, and that was going to be the car I took (this car is now stuck in Flat Rock!). Many times I was tempted by the Focus ST, but I stuck it out and waited for the Fusion (and I'm extremely happy I did). It ended up working out that I found a similar spec'ed car at a nearby dealer, but it included nav and the driver assist package, which I originally didn't want. I decided to buck up and spend the extra (since not only would I get the goodies, but I'd also get the car sooner) and requested my dealer to trade for the car. After some haggling on the price of my trade in, I picked her up and have loved the car ever since. I'm still blown away by the way the car handles every time I get in it - you just don't expect that from a midsize sedan.

The only additions I've made so far are a set of winter wheels and tires, some non-custom floor mats for the winter, and the molded splash guards and trunk mat from Ford. The guards fit extremely well and were quite simple to put on (no extra holes to drill for the guards, but there was one extremely pesky screw to put back in on the fronts). I also had the dealer update MFT to v3.5.1. I haven't really seen much of a difference with the upgrade, but I believe the call sound quality is better.

image_1_zps5c4a4977.jpeg

image_zps7a4a4f60.jpeg

photo_zps8b84cf1a.jpg

423304_10200302884555600_1810769384_n.jp

• Like 1

Tinted head and tail lights! Awesome! Are you going to black out the chrome accents? I am debating about doing that when I finally get my car. Was thinking of scotchbriting them so they would be less shiny...

-Keith

I am honestly quite happy with how she sits rights now.

When I get home though HIDS and LEDS need to be installed .....I feel weird not driving with white lights....lol not used to yellow :0