2014 Corvette Photos leak...uh oh

silvrsvt

Thanks for posting. I see real side vents, a usable trunk and good rear-view window. I see Camero rear and quarters even thought the overhangs are small. A carry-over nose and I see Z28/Firebird RAM Air hood scoop. I wasn't expecting much anyway and I think this will win over the faithful, nothing more.

Over all I think I like it. But there are too many little odd things thrown in on the car for style sake I think it could do without. These details include the grey around the brake lights, those two black line things on the rear bumper (vents... really?), the bug pincers on the front bumper and the chrome on the side scoops which recall the last generation Focus.

The Nissan like rear side window is a surprise and an interesting feature.

Over all I think I like it. But there are too many little odd things thrown in on the car for style sake I think it could do without. These details include the grey around the brake lights, those two black line things on the rear bumper (vents... really?), the bug pincers on the front bumper and the chrome on the side scoops which recall the last generation Focus.

Agree with all of this. Over the years, the Corvette has usually had very distinctive styling without having to resort to add-ons like the ones you mentioned. I really like the overall contours of it. It's a nice evolution of the C6, but the details (especially the tail light surrounds) just don't do a thing for me.

FYI: Those are Car and Driver renderings....not official pictures. They've actually been out for a while.

http://www.caranddriver.com/features/2014-chevrolet-corvette-c7-secret-info-and-renderings-news

While C7 maintains the basic proportions of its immediate predecessor, the visual drama shifts to the side view. The B-pillar is subdued, for a smoother, sleeker flow to the greenhouse and roofline. This stretches C7’s visual length without adding bulk or weight. That the Ferrari F12berlinetta shares the tapering side-glass motif won’t be lost on Corvetteheads. (The renderings here were created some weeks back for our January print issue. Compare them to drawings, presumably from the car's owners' manual, that leaked out the day after Christmas—we think we did pretty good.)

Though the real thing is supposed to look pretty close if not the same.

Edited by Intrepidatious
  • Like 1

FYI: Those are Car and Driver renderings....not official pictures. They've actually been out for a while.

http://www.caranddriver.com/features/2014-chevrolet-corvette-c7-secret-info-and-renderings-news

Though the real thing is supposed to look pretty close if not the same.

I hope large parts of those renderings are wrong like everything they borrowed from the Camaro for starters. Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't the flagship, the Corvette in this case, supposed to lead the styling parade while the little sisters, the Camaro in this case, borrow some styling elements from it later? This thing looks like the reverse of that logic.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...