Leaked Lincoln MKC photos

You just answered the question. MKT looked decent as a concept. The MKC in these photos is a concept. I can only imagine that the production version will be less attractive. What's the point of a MKC concept anyway? Why not show the production version?

Wait a minute, am I the only one who notices the difference between Ford's concepts of 3+ years ago and the ones of the past year or so? Look at the interiors and proportions of past concepts like the MKT, MKR, Zephyr. They were totally unrealistic not based on the hard points of any viable chassis for production. The interiors were almost sci-fi in their futuristic stylishness and lack of real-world functionality. The new Ford/Lincoln concepts are more like the Honda/Acura concepts where minor changes appear in production form, like door handles, mirrors, bumpers, lighting elements, interior trim, etc. The MKC concept reminds me a lot of the MKZ concept a year ago. I like this approach!

Edited by hbalek

It's a fairly thin concept, very much like the MKZ and Escape concepts. So while it will be toned down once it hits production, it's not going to be recognizable unless you put both cars next to each other.

Since the Vertrek Concept previewed the Escape, you can probably look at the Vertrek and Escape to get an idea of how the MKC will translate to production.

2012-Ford-Vertrek_3589.jpgescape.jpg

Edited by BORG

It's a fairly thin concept, very much like the MKZ and Escape concepts.
You mean the Vertrek? That was much more "concepty" than the other two, though I do see some Vertrek in the MkC.

[edit - posted before BORG's edit ;) ]

Edited by sullynd

I get more excited about production and practical vehicles that showy cars. The Evoque looks good. But it is very expensive and is very impractical with that sloping rear. It is like a better loooking ZDX in that way. So yes, I look at the MKC "concept" and I see an extremelly classy looking small luxury crossover. That makes me excited. I'm even more excited because it belongs to one my favorite brands with two of my favorite styling cue: 1. the split wing grill in any of its guises...well except for the current MKT. 2. The Rear lightbar.

I think the side profile is stunning, with great surface detailing.

I like the side profile much more than the Evoque. There is no way you can see that profile, and see "Escape" anywhere.

Frankly, I don't know what some expect. It is unmistakenly Lincoln. It is very handsome from the front, and has great shoulders. The side is stunning. The interior takes this entry level C-class crossover to another level. I greatly look forward to the rear shot, and more details.

Lincoln will sell many of these.

Also, for those who are lamenting what the production version will look like, I can tell you. Take this, remove the obvious concept details (backs of seats, maybe mirrors, etc), and there you have it. Mulally doesn't do BS concepts anymore. He also doesn't like concepts that excite, and production vehicles that bore.

I've never been a fan of the Vertrek/Escape, but one of the things I wish had made it into the Escape from the Vetrek was it's front end - the Vertrek (and it appears the MkC) is much more upright/short overhang. Hopefully the production MkC maintains that profile.

http://www.autoblog.com/2013/01/13/lincoln-mkc-concept-shows-real-promise/

Looks pretty good overall, a few things wont make it like the seating detail and chrome work, but otherwise looks like its almost production ready.

But getting back to bad concepts, lets not forget the Zephyr concept. When the went into production the whole rear end of the concept materialized into a non-orgasmic and organic rear end that looked lack luster, same with some of the front clip as well. But back to rainbows and unicorns for a bit...