Progress on Orders for Fusion Energi and Hybrid Titanium

taylorjd

Haha Etis might be screwy. I just put LucidLight's VIN from taylorjd's spreadsheet in and it tells me it is a Transit Connect. :) Clearly THAT part hasn't populated yet, even though the sticker is out. :)

That part will never populate.

ETIS is a european system and the Fusion is not available in Europe.

Transit Connect is what the software defaults to since it doesn't know about the Fusion.

Haha Etis might be screwy. I just put LucidLight's VIN from taylorjd's spreadsheet in and it tells me it is a Transit Connect. :) Clearly THAT part hasn't populated yet, even though the sticker is out. :)

ETIS will never update the vehicle type. It'll always be a Transit Connect :) Most other info is reliable.

After 27 years of managing customer factory orders, I understand the passion that many of you have regarding your Fusion orders but you need to RELAX. All the drama over who got their window stickers and who's car is actually "in production" is a bit much. VIN numbers are generated as soon as the order is "Submitted to the Plant" and is not the same as when the ordering dealer places your order. The "Submitted to Plant" status is when the order is initially scheduled and the VIN number is generated at the same time. About a week later, or less, the order will display a "Scheduled" status along with information on the week that the vehicle is scheduled to be built. Shortly after, this information is updated with an actual scheduled build date. The "Vehicle Visibility" program will show the "In Production" status as soon as the vehicle actually starts the assembly process. Afterwards, status reports will show "Produced", "Released", "On Rail Car", "In Transit" and a number of other status notes that your dealer will know.

Window stickers and invoices are generated at the time the vehicle actually enters the production phase. The window stickers become available online and the vehicle invoices are sent to the ordering dealer.

Should customers be able to track their own factory orders? Of course. Should your Dealer be able to provide you with the order status information you want? Your Dealer already has access to the information you want.

I'm not sure what if anything to add here as I think that my message above provides the basics.

Hope that this message helps.

Sadly the above is more information than many many dealers either don't know/understand, or don't feel the need to pass on to retail customers when asked (don't care). I see many posts here where retail customers have asked their dealer for information on the process or details, and seem to get stonewalled or BS'd. You can tell everyone to relax, but I DO understand people obsessing over VIN numbers and build dates and window stickers and all the other little details, I wouldn't tell them to relax -- I'm glad to see that they are anxious and excited over something that they've plunked down a lot of money on, and which will be part of their lives for the next several (or sometimes, many many) years. I already have my car but enjoy reading about others who finally saw that theirs was built, was finally on a rail car, or (hallelujah) just took delivery! But unfortunately for the customers, it sounds like too many dealers don't share the customer excitement and seem to be bothered by being asked about these things. Maybe dealers should take that post of yours and expand on it where applicable and offer that as an info sheet along with the PO when a customer places an order... maybe some do, but none that I have ever experienced.

• Like 3

Hi Captinkirk,

This does not sound correct to me... I just checked Etis with a VIN that the sticker was available on 3/13 and the build date is 3/18 which is 5 days after and it is within the build week assigned. I got the VIN information from taylorjd's table.

Also, another VIN with Sticker available on the same day, shows that has not been built yet.

Regards,

APM

Yes and fords have had cars sit at the lot for over 3 months without being shipped....... It's all done on fords timeline. Who's to say that parts havent sitted there waiting for commodities. Who knows the frame could have been built and is waiting on other parts. It's hard to say. With Ford getting accurate information has been a challenge. I asked the lady about not having a sticker yet. She said not to worry as she has seen whole cars get built before the sticker was avaliable. Some times it appears right away some times it doesnt. Its up to the computer.

Sadly the above is more information than many many dealers either don't know/understand, or don't feel the need to pass on to retail customers when asked (don't care). I see many posts here where retail customers have asked their dealer for information on the process or details, and seem to get stonewalled or BS'd. You can tell everyone to relax, but I DO understand people obsessing over VIN numbers and build dates and window stickers and all the other little details, I wouldn't tell them to relax -- I'm glad to see that they are anxious and excited over something that they've plunked down a lot of money on, and which will be part of their lives for the next several (or sometimes, many many) years. I already have my car but enjoy reading about others who finally saw that theirs was built, was finally on a rail car, or (hallelujah) just took delivery! But unfortunately for the customers, it sounds like too many dealers don't share the customer excitement and seem to be bothered by being asked about these things. Maybe dealers should take that post of yours and expand on it where applicable and offer that as an info sheet along with the PO when a customer places an order... maybe some do, but none that I have ever experienced.

So well said.

Basically, the main difference between a Ford and a Toyota or Honda is passion and excitement.

Whether it's a Fusion or a Mustang or an Explorer, it's the excitement factor that makes one pass on a Camry or Pilot.

If Ford doesn't embrace that passion ON ALL LEVELS, they are missing the boat.

How many future Camry owners hit refresh every hour on a sticker web page?

• Like 2

So well said. Basically, the main difference between a Ford and a Toyota or Honda is passion and excitement. Whether it's a Fusion or a Mustang or an Explorer, it's the excitement factor that makes one pass on a Camry or Pilot. If Ford doesn't embrace that passion ON ALL LEVELS, they are missing the boat. How many future Camry owners hit refresh every hour on a sticker web page?

I bought a Corvette C6 a number of years ago. It was understood from day 1 of the order that the dealership would let me know every change in status until I got the car delivered. I never had to chase after the dealer for information. They just assumed I was in need of it. That's just the way it should be.

• Like 2

That part will never populate.

ETIS is a european system and the Fusion is not available in Europe.

Transit Connect is what the software defaults to since it doesn't know about the Fusion.

That actually isn't correct. ETIS may be hosted in Europe or the UK, but it definitely works with all Ford vehicles. They must not have the VIN tables load correctly for these vehicles yet. I say this because all three of the Fords sitting in my driveway (see my signature) look up exactly as built and equipped, with accurate build dates. (One of which is a 2013 Focus just built in December that we ordered)

My guess is that some of the VIN decoding is simply populating incorrectly. I'd like to look up a standard Fusion or a gas only Titanium and see what happens.

I think it's the same way, grab a VIN of the above type from a local dealer's stock and I think it will still show as a Transit Connect.

I went to ETIS and input a VIN on a FF Titanium non-hybrid that arrived at my dealer yesterday. ETIS has the correct vehicle description except where the name Ford Fusion Titanium should be it says Transit Connect 2002 and it shows a photo of a Transit Connect. Under "body line", it also says Transit Connect, and the "body style" is a "4 Door Saloon." Is "saloon" a typo or is that what they call a "sedan" in UK? Also of interest, I noticed the build date was 1-03-2013 and as I mentioned before, the car just arrived at the dealer yesterday. It was built 11 weeks ago! I hope all of us anxious Ford customers don't have to wait 11 more weeks before we get our HyTi's :waiting::rant2::cry:

I went to ETIS and input a VIN on a FF Titanium non-hybrid that arrived at my dealer yesterday. ETIS has the correct vehicle description except where the name Ford Fusion Titanium should be it says Transit Connect 2002 and it shows a photo of a Transit Connect. Under "body line", it also says Transit Connect, and the "body style" is a "4 Door Saloon." Is "saloon" a typo or is that what they call a "sedan" in UK? Also of interest, I noticed the build date was 1-03-2013 and as I mentioned before, the car just arrived at the dealer yesterday. It was built 11 weeks ago! I hope all of us anxious Ford customers don't have to wait 11 more weeks before we get our HyTi's :waiting::rant2::cry:

They may have received this Fusion from another dealer, which would explain the build date.

Yes, I once lived in the UK and a "saloon" is a sedan, don't know why but then again a 'hood' is called a 'bonnet' and a 'windshield' is called a 'windscreen', so different terms for different things.

And the date format is reverse of what you're accustomed, 01-03-2013 is really March 1st, which is when that VIN was built.

I certainly recognize the enthusiasm expressed by the members in these forums and the excited anticipation of taking delivery of their all-new 2013 Fusions!

JD, You can update the FFE info in the spreadsheet (VIN below).

I was told a build week of 3/18, and ETIS says it was built 3/18.

Cyberdman says, "Awaiting Shipment - Origin Received - 01a06 (Allied Systems Ltd ) Ramp 54, Hermosillo Asy, SO Mar-20-2013, 04:44 MT."

I'm not sure what that all means, but it sounds positive. Now the big questions is whether it sits in the Hermosillo lot for 2 days or 2 months. ;)

• Like 1

Cyberdman reports today: Delnatha congrats!! first HITI of our group to be produced!!

In Production - Produced - Ford Hermosillo Assembly, SO Mar-19-2013, 00:00 EDT.

Long Islander Congrats!! Maybe the second one!

Nothing other than "In Production"

According to ETIS, Loosta was the first one built, on 3/18!

ETIS shows that Delnatha's Fusion was built yesterday. Congrats!

Long Islander's Fusion isn't as lucky :( Same with mine - as of yesterday I was "In Production - Sent to Plant". ETIS doesn't show a build date yet.

I don't see any other build dates on ETIS.