Progress on Orders for Fusion Energi and Hybrid Titanium

taylorjd

If anyone is interested, I did an extended test drive on an MKZ, I posted a description of the event and some photos on Sheehy's Facebook site https://www.facebook.com/SheehyFordGaithersburg (under Recent Post by Others) - or here are the photos: https://plus.google.com/photos/115104764644546017848/albums/5863362415346752737?authkey=CMrq47TZ2I6mMA. I'll post more on this later on a separate tread.

If anyone is interested, I did an extended test drive on an MKZ, I posted a description of the event and some photos on Sheehy's Facebook site https://www.facebook.com/SheehyFordGaithersburg (under Recent Post by Others) - or here are the photos: https://plus.google.com/photos/115104764644546017848/albums/5863362415346752737?authkey=CMrq47TZ2I6mMA. I'll post more on this later on a separate tread.

So, after having the MKZ, would you have changed your mind about a Fusion?

So, after having the MKZ, would you have changed your mind about a Fusion?

Maybe, if I had the money and I did not win the Fusion. I also really like the idea of the Plug-in and wanted to try that. Maybe my next car, I will give it a real look then.

My car is here!!! My dealer called me first thing this morning, I stopped by and took some pics :)

Is that how most of your guys trunks look or could that be a litttleeeee bit misaligned? From the bottom side its easier seen its leaning towards the left a little..but that would mean nothing to me when looking at the top there is no gaps between the lights on the trunk and on the car...but what does catch my eye is the lights on the trunk and on the car dont line up..its very small, but could be noticeable with the lights on? Is there any way to fix that or am i just seeing things and all of you guys that have your fusions it looks the same with no problem? Just wondering because my cars currently sitting off the train in my city as of 6am this morning and delivery is expected to be wednesday but im hoping earlier.

Sometimes i wish we could just pick it up from "Amtrak" and drive it to the dealer lol. My baby is here!!! Come with daddy..let's get you all checked out so you can go home!

Edited by Powered By Fusion

I am trying to track my railcar through new mexico, and am having a time understanding the computer generated speech. I saw somewhere in here that someone posted a picture of the rail system, and a list of stations, but I cant find it. If anyone knows where it is, I would love to see it again, or direct me to it. Thanks, Steve

Great news, just got my sticker today and my act. Build date is 4/11/13. Please update Malibu3105, thanks.

That is awesome!!! I am still waiting on a VIN, jealous!!! lol.

I tried tweeting Ford for info, but they are not responding. Need to email my dealer again, but he always acts like I am nuts for expecting a VIN this soon, he makes it sound like it can take a few weeks.

I tried tweeting Ford for info, but they are not responding. Need to email my dealer again, but he always acts like I am nuts for expecting a VIN this soon, he makes it sound like it can take a few weeks.

If you look at the spreadsheet you can see that it took me 6 weeks and 3 days from order to VIN

• Like 1

I received my VIN in just over 2 weeks. You can try asking through Ford Chat, that's what I did to get my VIN and it was painless! But wait that was going through the X plan site. Are you getting the X plan? If not, does anybody know if you can reach the Chat any way other than going through the X plan site?

Edited by RubyRedFuse
  • Like 1

If you look at the spreadsheet you can see that it took me 6 weeks and 3 days from order to VIN

Murphy62, You are correct!!

I do feel your pain. I think a lot of cars were ordered before Ford was ready, but still, you waited a very long time. I feel your pain brother!!

Or... I may .. But hopefully not as long :)

I was told this morning via information directly from Ford's regional office that there is a backlog of 7,000 units at the Fusion plant and that they expect all vehicles to be shipped by April 15th. I certainly hope so for all of you waiting for your retail ordered vehicles as well as for dealers trying to get inventory in stock to maintain the great sales rate!

• Like 3

You are nuts expecting a VIN this soon. ;)

Thanks, Ford chat is what I used to get my VIN. They also gave me the build date.

• Like 1

Ha! Got you beat. Took me 13 weeks and 2 days to get a VIN number! WOW!! If my car arrives next Friday (ETA was 4/11 now moved to 4/13 I'm hoping it's a day early!) I will have waited 19 weeks and 3 days for this car!

Our store had its monthly wholesale meeting earlier this week to review Ford's allocation offer for May production. Part of the discussion involved scheduling of 5 retail 2013 F-150 Raptor orders that have been in the USOB (Unscheduled Order Bank) for several months now or longer. Ford has always claimed that dealers had to "Turn & Earn" in order to get more allocation meaning that the more you sold, the more you could get. OK... but we delivered 4 retail Raptors last month alone. Why can't we get these new retail Raptor orders scheduled? That's when the conversation turned to the C-MAX Energi, Fusion Energi and Fusion Electric dealership certification. We asked and begged Ford for the "electric/plug-in" franchise well over a year ago and there's been one delay after another for a variety of reasons. Now Ford says that they have to have commitments for Energi and Focus Electric orders ASAP in order to meet their production commitment to the government for the 2013 Model Year. We've been strung along for the past year, now Ford needs the business and orders from dealers. We're at the installation stage for the charging stations that Ford requires yet the quote is about $8,500 for 2 stations that our electricians tell us should cost no more than $3,000.

Now comes the interesting part. If we make the Energi/EV installation commitment we can get our retail F-150 Raptor orders scheduled... IF we agree to buy 20 C-MAN Energi, Fusion Energi & Focus Electric vehicles during the 2013 Model Year. Of course, by the time the vehicles are built and arrive the 2014 MY vehicles will be in production. Our Vehicle Locator search of vehicles in stock in NY, etc. where the vehicles have been available already shows a lot of available inventory that isn't selling or leasing much. Yet Ford will give us the 5 F-150 Raptors we need if we agree to buy 20 2013 Energi/EVF vehicles that could cost $800,000 at retail.

This is the same type of "horse trading" that went on 25 years ago. You want how many of this model? OK... but you'll also have to buy this many poor selling vehicles. Ford is NOT now being managed as we've seen under CEO Mulally previously. It's looking like a return to the old days which isn't good.

You are nuts expecting a VIN this soon. ;)

TerrorTodd,

Well I may be nuts. But hoping more then expecting. But yes, it probably is too soon. Hopefully next week.

I did find a number for Ford Cust Service, and they checked. No VIN yet. I guess I have trust issues with my dealer that they only check if I harrass them. It would be nice to get an email from my sales guy saying he checked and there wasn't a VIN yet. Then I would happy.

But I know it will show up eventually. I just need to get a dealer code, as then at least I can get updates from Cyberman.

And it seems my dealer doesn't want to give that out.