2013 Ruby Red Titanium

akirby

I don't like the Y spokes as much as the H spokes, but either looks 100x better than the 20 spokes that come with the Titanium. I'm still scratching my head on why they picked such a bland design as the base wheel for the Titanium. I really need to find new wheels, I'm just having a hard time finding what I want (and I'm not 100% sure of what I want either!). I want to stick with 18" wheels (so I don't have to incur the cost of new tires) but I'd like some kind of nice concave 5 spokes, or even maybe 18" replicas of the H spoke wheels....

Have you looked at the SE appearance-package 5-spokers?

I have a question. I have a bright red Fusion, three weeks old and found 2 fairly deep scratches on the lower part of the driver side door. Really upset as this is my first red car and at least to me, the scratches are very noticable. Any suggestions on the best way to remove them?

I have a question. I have a bright red Fusion, three weeks old and found 2 fairly deep scratches on the lower part of the driver side door. Really upset as this is my first red car and at least to me, the scratches are very noticable. Any suggestions on the best way to remove them?

You can try this site to get touch up paint to repair the scratches. http://www.paintscratch.com/

It doesn't list Ruby Red as a colour for the 2013 Fusion, but if you send them the colour code they will send you the exact colour. The other option is get some touch up paint from the dealership. Depending on how serious the scratches are you might be able to buff them out. Deep ones will require touching up.

Found the exact car I wanted in stock at a local dealer but not the one I usually deal with. Called my salesman and asked him if he could do a dealer trade. That was noon on Thursday. 6 pm Friday night the paperwork was done and I drove it home. It has every option except Active Park Assist.

I haven't been this excited about a vehicle since my 99 Lincoln LS and this has way more toys!

She's a beaut! Love the red on this car... really considered the red even though I had my mind made up years ago that my next car would be black.

• 3 weeks later...

No - 18" won't work on 19" rims. That measurement is the actual diameter - so they won't fit. Tires are an interesting beast. There are several good web sites that get into the nitty gritty and will explain all of the details better than I can, but on the measurements of tires and wheels the diameter of the wheel or opening of the tire is designated in inches and the rest of the tire measurements are in millimeters. One of the additional sizing numbers is the width of the tire and the other is a ratio of that width to determine how tall the tire is ultimately giving you the circumference.

I haven't done the homework and looked at all of the tire options for the gas Fusions, but my guess is for each different size wheel the tires fluctuate in size to end up giving them all the same circumference and hence then all will go the same speed at the same engine RPM's.

Since the Hybrids seem to have 17" wheels - the tires probably end up being smaller circumference than a gas model, but that probably has something to do with how easy it is to make the whole car go. I don't know those theories and logic though about the hybrid drive trains.

Just looked and wiki covers it pretty well - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tire_code You can take the tire information and start to combine it with final drive ratios to know exactly how fast your car will drive in each gear for any given motor RPM's. This is a big help if you change tire sizes for winter/summer type use and don't want / can't have the computer flashed to adjust for the tire size. You'll then know how far off your speedometer is for a given tire size compared to factory tire.