Your Opinion Of Zimerman Now?

And what was the reason Obama used it? To do the same? Nice to know I'm held to a higher standard. After all, I influence so many people.

Give me a break NickF.

It's not my fault that using Obama's own words to expose him for who he really is ends up pissing his supporters off

"Well he started it!"

Certainly the best way to win a debate.

Edited by NickF1011

No. The special prosecutor did not.

It should have. In Texas, all shootings go to the grand jury no matter what. The police or DA don't get to decide. If there is no question of self-defense, the case is "no-billed" by the GJ. Otherwise, felony charges are filed in the district court and the case proceeds.

It should have. In Texas, all shootings go to the grand jury no matter what. The police or DA don't get to decide. If there is no question of self-defense, the case is "no-billed" by the GJ. Otherwise, felony charges are filed in the district court and the case proceeds.

But....that is not the case in Florida where this took place.

Yep, so was the initial charge of murder 2.

It shows how the system works and does not work , depending on who or what color you are.

Yes, the system is clearly against Caucasians and has been for centuries. :doh: This is clearly the problem with the case. Some African Americans feel it represents a continuation of two hundred years of oppression and injustice towards them and SOME conservative republicans feel it represents a continuation of hundreds of years of oppression and injustice to towards Caucasians. So if Zimmerman walks African Americans will be angry and possibly march/riot/whatever and if he is convicted some conservative white people will respond by sending racial jokes, letters and generally talking shit about African Americans.

Welcome to the rest of us are f*cked.

• Like 1

Yes, the system is clearly against Caucasians and has been for centuries. :doh: This is clearly the problem with the case. Some African Americans feel it represents a continuation of two hundred years of oppression and injustice towards them and SOME conservative republicans feel it represents a continuation of hundreds of years of oppression and injustice to towards Caucasians. So if Zimmerman walks African Americans will be angry and possibly march/riot/whatever and if he is convicted some conservative white people will respond by sending racial jokes, letters and generally talking shit about African Americans.

What a load of horse shit.

Guest General Mattis

This one didn't either

http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/john-white-convicted-killing-daniel-cicciaro-pardoned-gov-david-paterson-article-1.474441

Back story

In 2006, the ironically named John White was sound asleep at his nice Long Island home when his teenage son woke him to say there was a mob of white kids shouting epithets in front of the house. The family was in no imminent danger. They could have called 911 and remained safely behind locked doors.

But White grabbed a loaded Beretta and headed out to the end of the driveway to confront the mob. A scuffle ensued and White ended up shooting one of the kids in the face, killing him.

White was charged and convicted only of illegal weapons possession -- this was New York, after all -- and involuntary manslaughter. He was sentenced to 20 months-to-four years in prison, but after serving five months was pardoned by Gov. David Paterson.

With all due compassion for the kid who was killed, the public was overwhelmingly on the father's side -- a fact still evident in Internet postings about the case. The kids were punks menacing a law-abiding homeowner. Even the prosecutor complained only that Paterson hadn't called the victim's family first. The local NAACP had campaigned aggressively on White's behalf. There were no threats to riot in case of an acquittal.

I find it odd that President Bush didn't weigh in on this and claim Daniel Cicciaro looked iike his son. And no threats of violence from angry white mobs either.

Anyone think this story will get the national media's attention like the Zimmerman / Martin case has?

http://www.myfoxatlanta.com/story/22742395/cobb-police-arrest-3-in-mableton-fatal

I'm betting it won't.

I'm a little concerned about why you think this case should get national attention. The attackers were arrested, charged and are going through the justice system at this very moment for their crimes. I'm guessing you want there to be national attention because of the victims race.

But other than race why should it be national news? They were arrested quickly, held without bind and are being charged. The justice system seems to be working correctly and efficiently. What more are you asking for?

The following four suspects are charged with felony murder, aggravated assault and violation of the Georgia Street Gang Act. They are currently being held without bond at the Cobb County Adult Detention Center.

Did the system somehow possibly fail in some way that I can't see? After all the outcry over Martin was that Zimmerman was not arrested and charged, not just that martin was African American. Right or wrong many out there felt that the system did not value justice for a young African American based on their experiences over the years. Obviously the system is working for the family of the Caucasian victim in your link.

This one didn't either

http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/john-white-convicted-killing-daniel-cicciaro-pardoned-gov-david-paterson-article-1.474441

Back story

I find it odd that President Bush didn't weigh in on this and claim Daniel Cicciaro looked iike his son. And no threats of violence from angry white mobs either.

Hmmm, I don't find it odd that president bush did not weigh in on it. He had enough problems with his daughters underage drinking to suggest that an angry drunk Daniel Cicciaro could have looked like his son. Not to mention his own past with drinking. I do want to also mention that there doesn't appear to be any delay in arresting, charging and being put on trial similar to the Zimmerman case.

All that aside Is this the case your really resting your "It's hard out there for a Caucasian" argument? I'm being serious when I ask this because after looking at four or five different articles about this, I wouldn't choose this one. This case is hardly analogous to the Zimmerman case and anyone who thinks Zimmerman is not guilty should be okay with Patterson commuting his sentence.

After all Daniel Cicciaro showed up drunk at the house in the night, with four friends, had a baseball bat with them, threatened to beat his son, rape his wife and used racial slurs.

I'm a little concerned about why you think this case should get national attention. The attackers were arrested, charged and are going through the justice system at this very moment for their crimes. I'm guessing you want there to be national attention because of the victims race.

But other than race why should it be national news? They were arrested quickly, held without bind and are being charged. The justice system seems to be working correctly and efficiently. What more are you asking for?

Race is the only reason that the George Zimmerman trial gets national attention. At first it was the media trying to portray it as a white man that killed a black kid. Then when it was discovered that Zimmerman is actually half Hispanic he was labeled a "white Hispanic" by the national media. Then NBC decided to edit out the wounds to the back of his head because they couldn't have it looking like the "white Hispanic" man actually was defending himself from being beaten senseless. Then CBS decided to edit the 911 call because they had to make it sound like George Zimmerman was a white man who was stalking a black kid just because he was black. The entire thing is about race. It's about the left wing media's obsession with race and in particular the obsession with trying to portray white people as evil racists who shoot black kids down in the streets. Now maybe that's because it gets ratings or maybe its because it suits their political ideology. I think its probably both. But the fact remains that if Trayvon Martin had been shot by another black man that it wouldn't be getting the attention that it is getting now. What I'm saying is that it is hypocritical media coverage. They are only too happy to cover the news when they want to portray a white man as killing a black kid. But they aren't going to touch it when four black kids kill a white man because it doesn't fit their ideology and because they are afraid that if they did give it national coverage that people like Al Sharpton would call them racists for even talking about it. So don't even sit there and try to pretend that George Zimmerman is trial for shooting Trayvon Martin. George Zimmerman is on trial for being white.

Race is the only reason that the George Zimmerman trial gets national attention. At first it was the media trying to portray it as a white man that killed a black kid. Then when it was discovered that Zimmerman is actually half Hispanic he was labeled a "white Hispanic" by the national media. Then NBC decided to edit out the wounds to the back of his head because they couldn't have it looking like the "white Hispanic" man actually was defending himself from being beaten senseless. Then CBS decided to edit the 911 call because they had to make it sound like George Zimmerman was a white man who was stalking a black kid just because he was black. The entire thing is about race. It's about the left wing media's obsession with race and in particular the obsession with trying to portray white people as evil racists who shoot black kids down in the streets. Now maybe that's because it gets ratings or maybe its because it suits their political ideology. I think its probably both. But the fact remains that if Trayvon Martin had been shot by another black man that it wouldn't be getting the attention that it is getting now. What I'm saying is that it is hypocritical media coverage. They are only too happy to cover the news when they want to portray a white man as killing a black kid. But they aren't going to touch it when four black kids kill a white man because it doesn't fit their ideology and because they are afraid that if they did give it national coverage that people like Al Sharpton would call them racists for even talking about it. So don't even sit there and try to pretend that George Zimmerman is trial for shooting Trayvon Martin. George Zimmerman is on trial for being white.

As GM would say, your exposing yourself. Thank you for proving my point.

This is clearly the problem with the case. Some African Americans feel it represents a continuation of two hundred years of oppression and injustice towards them and SOME conservative republicans feel it represents a continuation of hundreds of years of oppression and injustice to towards Caucasians. So if Zimmerman walks African Americans will be angry and possibly march/riot/whatever and if he is convicted some conservative white people will respond by sending racial jokes, letters and generally talking shit about African Americans.

As best I can tell, both men contributed to the incident. If Zimmerman were dead, then TM would likely be on trial. Whether you believe he'd be more likely to be found guilty of murder probably depends on your political views.

Zimmerman will at most be found guilty of involuntary manslaughter.

My guess is he'll walk. Rightfully, so.

He walked, rightfully so.

George Zimmerman found not guilty of murder in Trayvon Martin's death

What point would that be Langston?

This is clearly the problem with the case. Some African Americans feel it represents a continuation of two hundred years of oppression and injustice towards them and SOME conservative republicans feel it represents a continuation of hundreds of years of oppression and injustice to towards Caucasians.

It was a difficult case for the prosecution to win. That doesn't mean they should not have tried it. The standard of proving guilt beyond a reasonable doubt exists to protect the innocent, even if the guilty do sometimes go free. That's the way it should be. An unarmed young man was killed under circumstances that required a jury to make the call. Zimmerman will be a hero to some, sadly in my opinion, since Martin was not dfoing anything wrong when Zimmerman decided to play cop and pursue him. There were no witnesses to the start of the altercation so only Zimmerman really knows what happened. It is not disputed that Martin tried to get away from Zimmerman and Zimmerman chased after him.

Zimmerman will have to live with the knowledge that he caused Martin's death. It is disturbing that he doesn't seem to even wish that it had not happened, claiming that it was God's will. I suspect that this won't be the last we have heard of George Zimmerman. He will never be a police officer and any organization that would allow him to be on a neighborhood watch would be insane. I'm sure a civil suit will follow where Zimmerman will be compelled to testify since he cannot be charged criminally again.

• Like 1

This is clearly the problem with the case. Some African Americans feel it represents a continuation of two hundred years of oppression and injustice towards them and SOME conservative republicans feel it represents a continuation of hundreds of years of oppression and injustice to towards Caucasians.

Bullshit! The typical liberal tactic. Anytime a conservative points out an obvious racist act against a white person the automatic accusation is that it's because the conservative must be racist. The accusation in itself is racist. Furthermore I'm Hispanic so go ahead and make all kinds of assumptions if you want to but its just another bullshit lie to me.

And given that Zimmerman was found not guilty of any crime only proves that I am right. This case should never have been brought. The only reason that it did is because people like Al Sharpton and the left wing media made a big deal out of it and turned it into a racial issue. Anyone with a modicum of common sense can see that. I hope Zimmerman sues NBC (owned by George Soros) and CBS for about 50 million dollars and moves to another country.

Edited by BlackHorse

It was a difficult case for the prosecution to win. That doesn't mean they should not have tried it. The standard of proving guilt beyond a reasonable doubt exists to protect the innocent, even if the guilty do sometimes go free. That's the way it should be. An unarmed young man was killed under circumstances that required a jury to make the call. Zimmerman will be a hero to some, sadly in my opinion, since Martin was not dfoing anything wrong when Zimmerman decided to play cop and pursue him. There were no witnesses to the start of the altercation so only Zimmerman really knows what happened. It is not disputed that Martin tried to get away from Zimmerman and Zimmerman chased after him.

Zimmerman will have to live with the knowledge that he caused Martin's death. It is disturbing that he doesn't seem to even wish that it had not happened, claiming that it was God's will. I suspect that this won't be the last we have heard of George Zimmerman. He will never be a police officer and any organization that would allow him to be on a neighborhood watch would be insane. I'm sure a civil suit will follow where Zimmerman will be compelled to testify since he cannot be charged criminally again.

There are no "winners" and both famlies lost a lot. Martin was buried and Zman's life will never be the same. The entire case was advanced because of race and thank a liberal media and some politicians for it.

Martin was shot &killed during an assault,case closed.