Sync summer update Gen2 v3.6

47Minutes

I have both the time and outside temp displayed on mine. That's been available since 3.5.

Yeah, I was going to say the same thing. It's right in the top middle between Phone and Information (Navigation). Make sure you have it enabled in the options section, and you can choose to either have the time or date showing along with the temp.

So far, I'm liking the very minor changes to the visual/performance aspect of things. I like the fact that you no longer need to hit the colored bar to go to that particular screen. If you hit anywhere in the quadrant that does not have a button, it will take you to that section. The performance also seems to be much smoother so far.

Time will tell if this update fixed the indexing issue where every 3rd or 4th time I started my car it would reindex the sd card and restart my play list at the first song in the index. This is so annoying when listening to an album, then to have it play a totally random song (though not totally random, as it is ALWAYS the same song).

So far, I'm liking the very minor changes to the visual/performance aspect of things. I like the fact that you no longer need to hit the colored bar to go to that particular screen. If you hit anywhere in the quadrant that does not have a button, it will take you to that section. The performance also seems to be much smoother so far.

This will be worth the upgrade within itself if it doesnt introduce any other "features". ;)

I also noticed the reverse guide is a little different. Before it was either the brackets or solid squares for each section. Now, when you have it in the bracket mode (not sure how else to describe it lol), when an object is in the green section, a colored rectangle pops into the green area...then moves into the yellow and so forth.

Cool, I didn't know there was an option to change the display at top center of the home screen. If you select date, that is all you can display, so its either date or time and temp. (Of course it displays time and outside temp on the display to the right of the steering wheel) Always more to learn.

Dropped my car off at the dealer today as I have been very frustrated with Sync. It had gotten to the point where the screen would go black and then reset itself almost on a daily basis. Did a master reset and all the other tricks listed on here but nothing worked. Downloaded the latest version 3.6 on a USB stick and gave it to the service manager just in case they didn't have it and of course they didn't know about the update. They are keeping the car all day and will do the first oil change and service so hopefully I will get all the issues resolved and be able to enjoy some of the features I've been missing.

Guest RRF985

Just called Ford since I am still not showing an update available. The tech I spoke to said he is submitting my information for research on why I am not being shown an update is available. Their solution is to wait a week and see if an update is available then. Eventually they will have USB drives to send out to people but those are not available yet. I may just end up going to the dealer and having them update but I really don't want to do that.

Just called Ford since I am still not showing an update available. The tech I spoke to said he is submitting my information for research on why I am not being shown an update is available. Their solution is to wait a week and see if an update is available then. Eventually they will have USB drives to send out to people but those are not available yet. I may just end up going to the dealer and having them update but I really don't want to do that.

Is it sad that I hope to get one of the usb drives, just because I'm hoping it'll say "Ford" on it? Although, I've applied the update successfully, so if they actually pay attention to the SMR records I probably won't get one.

Oh, and in response to a much earlier post: so far, no problems with my iPhone 5 on the new update.

Anyone using BT stereo for music and If the song title and artist show up in the dash?

I can confirm that when streaming BT stereo music from my HTC One, the song title and the artist name show up on the MFT screen both in the Home position and when in the Entertainment mode. :happy feet:

Edited by Boat Racer
  • Like 2

I can confirm that when streaming BT stereo music from my HTC One, the song title and the artist name show up on the MFT screen both in the Home position and when in the Entertainment mode. :happy feet:

Yaay. Now only if the stupid software update will load to my USB flash drive faster. Its been like an hour and its still at 38%. -.-

Actually I was talking about the Instrument Panel. I updated this morning and it still tells me bluetooth device connected. :/ Not a big deal but just something I prefer to see.

Yeah, I was going to say the same thing. It's right in the top middle between Phone and Information (Navigation). Make sure you have it enabled in the options section, and you can choose to either have the time or date showing along with the temp.

Time will tell if this update fixed the indexing issue where every 3rd or 4th time I started my car it would reindex the sd card and restart my play list at the first song in the index. This is so annoying when listening to an album, then to have it play a totally random song (though not totally random, as it is ALWAYS the same song).

That has always annoyed the crap out of me, I'm glad that's fixed.

Anyone using BT stereo for music and If the song title and artist show up in the dash?

This works when I use the stock media player or Google Music on my phone, but it does not work with Spotify. I imagine it's hit or miss with some apps. I think the failure point there is on the app side though, as the car obviously supports it, even in 3.5

Yes, I've done that almost daily with either Pandora or Xbox Music.

I just saw your subsequent post referring to the instrument panel. That is still a no go.

Edited by 47Minutes

That has always annoyed the crap out of me, I'm glad that's fixed.

This works when I use the stock media player or Google Music on my phone, but it does not work with Spotify. I imagine it's hit or miss with some apps. I think the failure point there is on the app side though, as the car obviously supports it, even in 3.5

The MFT display has always worked me since I use google music.I was talking about the instrument panel like 47Minutes. Kinda sucks it doesnt work still.

The MFT display has always worked me since I use google music.I was talking about the instrument panel like 47Minutes. Kinda sucks it doesnt work still.

Ahh, I never use the instrument panel for music, I leave that on AC controls all the time so I can change temp/fan from the steering wheel easily.

How about text messaging? Does it notify, read them to you, and can you send responding text via voice?

How about text messaging? Does it notify, read them to you, and can you send responding text via voice?

Does notify, does read, does not respond text via voice. You can dial them. The S Voice Driver mode on my GS4 does have text respond, I also have it to automatically turn on driver mode whenever the phone connects to MFT. Pretty cool

Edited by frankhat

Well I got my car back from the dealer after having numerous issues with navigation lock-ups, phone not pairing, system rebooting almost daily, etc. and they did a complete wipe of the software and reload and then updated to version 3.6 and it is amazing... Finally pairs with my iphone reliably and the navigation is working great and now loads the POI information where before that feature never came on. Hopefully it will last and even works great with Spotify thru the USB and displays artist info on the main screen. One annoyance that seems to have been fixed is that the surround function on the sound options will stay selected after I shut the car off and come back. Keeping my fingers crossed that it will keep going.....

Looks like they fixed the audio Surround sound issue. Now, when I set my audio to Surround sound, it stays on Surround sound. I like the new voice command prompts as well. The update wiped out all my wallpapers (no big deal) and my Favorites destinations seems to be a bit confused. The panel shows that I have four favorite destinations available, but when I try to set a destination to one of them, Sync tells me I have no favorite destinations. I'll just re-enter them.

Overall, I like the update. :)