New Sync Update v3.6 !!

Escapism

And still no texts on an iPhone 4S or 5 as figured

I can RECEIVE txts & listen to them on iPhone 4 w/ iOS 6.X, but can not send and/or compose--just like the previous Sync version.

But you probably meant 'send and/or compose,' which would actually be useful. :D

Going to have to disagree with this, I'm pretty sure Ford implemented the MAP protocol incorrectly. I've owned 3 phones that support MAP - HTC EVO 3D, HTC EVO LTE and now the HTC ONE. The MyFord Touch system will display text messages (and read it to me) and will also let me manually (using the screen) send one of the pre-written messages. But if I try to do it by voice, I get an error message saying my phone does not support Messaging. (which is clearly does).

I don't know what to tell you, but I know mine works. Of course, we just have Sync and not MFT, but I don't think Ford would implement it correctly in Sync, then break it in MFT.

So just a heads up, after updating to 3.6 I'm able to use the voice commands for sending text messages (not getting unsupported device anymore) so was definitely an issue with how Ford implemented MAP in the previous version.

So just a heads up, after updating to 3.6 I'm able to use the voice commands for sending text messages (not getting unsupported device anymore) so was definitely an issue with how Ford implemented MAP in the previous version.

What kind of phone do you have and what software version is it running?

I can RECEIVE txts & listen to them on iPhone 4 w/ iOS 6.X, but can not send and/or compose--just like the previous Sync version.

But you probably meant 'send and/or compose,' which would actually be useful. :D

Old version wasn't doing anything after turning on notifications on the phone I now have it ;)

I have been having a problem using the voice controls in my car ever since I updated, I have to hit the button on the steering wheel like 2-4 times before it recognizes and does that chime for me to say "play song ..." other than that I have not had any problems with my phone (Samsung Galaxy S4) and the response to inputs on the screen is noticeably faster.

Upgraded mine this morning, took about 30 mins. I didnt get much time to play with it since I had to drop it off at the shop for another issue. I did notice those the Sync to GPS time still doesn't work. After the update it said it was 7:05, which is was really 8:05. I manually changed it, then I hit sync to GPS, and it went back to 7:05.

Sounds like it is synching to the GPS satellites but either time zone is incorrect or daylight savings is incorrect.

I have been having a problem using the voice controls in my car ever since I updated, I have to hit the button on the steering wheel like 2-4 times before it recognizes and does that chime for me to say "play song ..." other than that I have not had any problems with my phone (Samsung Galaxy S4) and the response to inputs on the screen is noticeably faster.

I have tried my voice button about 10 times since the update. It's worked once or twice. Indexing is faster but not much else seems different except for the voice button becoming flaky.

• 2 weeks later...

Up dated mine today. Download went fine.

The update went smooth also. What I did was:

1-removed the A4 map card and my USB music

2-uninstalled my phone from Sync and off my phone

3-did a master reset

4-pulled the sync fuse and reinstalled it

5-did another master reset

6-Did the install

After about 30 min. The install finished. I then did another master reset then used my USB with the forse reboot app and the system rebooted. Reinstalled my phone sent a vehical health report.

Everything seems to be working fine (including receiving and listing to texts on my iphone 4. Still can't send them, but wasn't expecting to)

I like some of the new information on the screen and so far it's working well!

Hopefully it stays this way, I will follow up in a few days.