Next Generation Lincoln MKS

ice-capades

I had a meeting with a Ford representative this morning that told me that Lincoln's next generation MKS would carry the "Continental" badge as they're looking to get away from the ever confusing "MK" naming convention! That's the best news I've heard about Lincoln in a very long time! He also said that Lincoln has a lot more new product coming, sooner than has been revealed to date. Again, good news for Lincoln dealers!

• Like 2

I have long suspected that a name change could be on the way for some of their vehicles. Since the MKS had no real established clientele (like MKZ and MKX are starting to develop) it doesn't involve much risk in changing the name at this point.

I still wouldn't mind seeing MKZ and MKX returning to Zephyr and Aviator though.

Continental makes sense. Last iteration was a FWD machine. So new one should be as well.

MKX and MKZ need to stay. Those are popular and niche's Lincoln hasn't done before.

Aviator can come back. Zephyr needs to go away and stay MKZ. Name of a car the younger generation doesn't know of. It's just a name that doesn't roll off the tongue or have staying power in the memory of car owners.

Continental makes sense. Last iteration was a FWD machine. So new one should be as well.

MKX and MKZ need to stay. Those are popular and niche's Lincoln hasn't done before.

Aviator can come back. Zephyr needs to go away and stay MKZ. Name of a car the younger generation doesn't know of. It's just a name that doesn't roll off the tongue or have staying power in the memory of car owners.

None of the MK- names "roll off the tongue".

• Like 1

None of the MK- names "roll off the tongue".

No, they don't and that's my major gripe. I've always thought they should bring back Continental. Aviator is a no-brainer. Navigator never left. I'm ok with Zephyr not for its historical significance but because it sounds better than MKZ.

I've also thought they had more new vehicles coming. I wonder if there could be a Focus based sedan/hb/wagon slotted below the Zeph....err...MKZ. I heard someone mention something about a new product at MAP that they couldn't discuss.

A mustang based coupe and convertible would be nice, too, but I think a RWD sedan would be a stretch. And there is the persistent rumor of a GT like supercar to take on the Italians.

And there is the persistent rumor of a GT like supercar to take on the Italians.

I'd welcome it a little ways down the road when some of the other product gaps have been addressed. I think it would be a distraction right now though and might cloud the already cloudy overall brand image they are trying to generate. The Ford GT, however, did prove that the company certainly still has the know-how to compete with the best of the best on the world stage should they decide to eventually go there. You know you've built a great supercar when even Jeremy Clarkson struggles to find faults with it (he ended up buying one didn't he?).

Edited by NickF1011

^ well, the SOONEST "down the road" in Lincoln-years is at least cy2015/2016my

imho

&

that sounds ok to me re: the overall lineup

I had a meeting with a Ford representative this morning that told me that Lincoln's next generation MKS would carry the "Continental" badge as they're looking to get away from the ever confusing "MK" naming convention! That's the best news I've heard about Lincoln in a very long time! He also said that Lincoln has a lot more new product coming, sooner than has been revealed to date. Again, good news for Lincoln dealers!

thank you, ThankYou, THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!

&
thought I had a good hunch constantly saying "whatever they call it"
bliss.gif

Edited by 2b2

• 1 year later...