Sign in to follow this  
Transpower

2013 Ford Escape Recalled for 7th Time

As heard on the Nightly Business Report. My 2008 Mercury Mariner Hybrid AWD hasn't been recalled once. So there. By the way, when is Ford going to bring back a compact hybrid SUV?????

A C-Max is NOT an SUV! I can't go off-road with it!

Just how far off road do you think you're going to get in an Escape?

Sadly I think that is your C-MAX :)

Howie, don't you need to update your profile? And shouldn't you be over in the Fusion forum? 😃

The FFH forum is actually not part of this message board (links you to some other site). I'm still allow to pry around here. :)

The C-max is too small and not available with AWD. Useless in snow country.

Ford really needs to bring the energi drive train with AWD to the Escape.

the latest recall will not be addressed until the first quarter of next year they do not have any parts. You will get a letter in the mail when your recall can be fixed

I will never agin buy a new product from FORD. This is my 11th Ford product and worst one I have bought so far. The Escape is not great on as mileage unless you drive like an old lady. The automatic shaift all the time and it is

bad when starting cold. I would recommend buying another brand of small SUV.

I will never agin buy a new product from FORD. This is my 11th Ford product and worst one I have bought so far. The Escape is not great on as mileage unless you drive like an old lady. The automatic shaift all the time and it is

bad when starting cold. I would recommend buying another brand of small SUV.

OK, thanks for your opinion.

A C-Max is NOT an SUV! I can't go off-road with it!

Get Real! Unless you want to destroy the undercarriage or at the very least get stranded and require a Wrecker to tow you back to a paved road, a Ford Escape even with the AWD Option is (Not) intended for Off The Road use and doing so would possibly Void your new vehicle warranty should damage occur doing so. Don`t let a Photo in a Sales Brochure deceive you.

Get Real! Unless you want to destroy the undercarriage or at the very least get stranded and require a Wrecker to tow you back to a paved road, a Ford Escape even with the AWD Option is (Not) intended for Off The Road use and doing so would possibly Void your new vehicle warranty should damage occur doing so. Don`t let a Photo in a Sales Brochure deceive you.

There are many levels of off-roading. The Escape is at the lower end to be sure.

There are many levels of off-roading. The Escape is at the lower end to be sure.

Exactly, like Interstate Highway to paved secondary road to gravel/dirt rural lane. That ain`t "Off-the-Roading", LOL! AWD helps with slick pavement and moderate snow and not much else.

Finally received the recall letter from Ford. Looks like they don't expect to have parts to repair the issue until Q2 of this year.

none

Edited by gafry

I don't recall any of the engine problems being durability related.

akirby kma

Edited by gafry

akirby kma

What was that for? All I said was I didn't think any of the problems with the Escape engine had anything to do with long term reliability - they were faulty parts that once replaced won't fail again. If you have evidence to the contrary let's hear it - or are you just trolling now because you're not happy with your Escape?

they were faulty parts that once replaced won't fail again.

You would think that would be the case but apprently it isn't.

In addition, in those vehicles built between Oct. 5, 2011, and July 11, 2012, engine-compartment fuel lines may have been installed incorrectly when repaired under a previous recall, and could chafe and eventually leak fuel

http://blogs.cars.com/kickingtires/2013/11/recall-alert-2013-ford-escape.html

You would think that would be the case but apprently it isn't.

In addition, in those vehicles built between Oct. 5, 2011, and July 11, 2012, engine-compartment fuel lines may have been installed incorrectly when repaired under a previous recall, and could chafe and eventually leak fuel

http://blogs.cars.com/kickingtires/2013/11/recall-alert-2013-ford-escape.html

Still something that would happen under warranty and not a long term durability issue.

Every car company has recalls. Yes it's annoying and frustrating but it happens. I'd rather have them recall it then to be on the road and be sol because they didn't .

Every car company has recalls. Yes it's annoying and frustrating but it happens. I'd rather have them recall it then to be on the road and be sol because they didn't .

You mean like GM. Ouch!

Anyone know "exactly" what's going to be done as far as the head problem? (parts replacement, insulation, reprograming, rerouting)

I read the supplement to the recall and it appears to be some type of water diversion valve, shielding and new oil dipstick. There are attachments to explain installation that I have not seen, but the supplement says it is a complex repair. 5 hours allotted by Ford, which probably really means 8. They will pay for 2 days rental.