Eh, MKX is attractive in my eyes, but currently too similar to the Edge. Seems like a safe assumption that won't be the case with the next generation.

Yes, forgot the MKX. It's not ugly but it is too close to the Edge in side profile and doesn't stand out enough.

Yes, forgot the MKX. It's not ugly but it is too close to the Edge in side profile and doesn't stand out enough.

The most offensive part to me honestly is the taillight cutouts in the rear quarter panels, which are exactly the same as the Edge's, save for the bottom half which are determined by the bumper cover and the part that flows into the liftgate. Not immediately noticeable since the overall shape is so different, but it screamed "cheap" to me the first time I noticed it.

Outside of this forum people don't believe Lincolns are anything but tarted up Ford's. That's your opinion. It's ignorant, but it's your opinion.

I am sorry, how is Lincoln a better luxury car than Buick?

features? Performance? Aesthetics. Don't be sorry, the MKZ looks better than anything Buick makes, IMHO, with more exciting design to come.

For example how is the styling and performance of a mkx, mot, or navigator better than their ford counterpart?

The NVH will be better, with different suspension settings, bushings, springs, sway bars, just about everything, including better, quieter glass. Interior finish is better, made from better materials.

Thats a perception thats going to take years to change...just like the best selling Lexus models are nothing more then tarted up Toyotas...or Buicks are tarted up Chevys.

It's always bothered me that seemingly every single review of a Lincoln product has to mention it's Ford counterpart...but the Lexus reviews don't seem to get that same treatment. Sure, once or twice on an ES, but other than that, they focus solely on features and reliability. It's a frustrating double standard.

• Like 2

It's always bothered me that seemingly every single review of a Lincoln product has to mention it's Ford counterpart...but the Lexus reviews don't seem to get that same treatment. Sure, once or twice on an ES, but other than that, they focus solely on features and reliability. It's a frustrating double standard.

No kidding! I'm interested to see reviews of the MKC, because IIRC the press seemed to quite like it.

Well,

the new MKX will be, and will be the same formula as the current one. It will be a big change since the current model rides on a version of the CD3, which traces back to Mazda' the new one will dire on CD4.2 which traces back to EUCD and C1 (see below)

The three-row Explorer/Aviator is rumored on CD4.3 (LWB of CD4.2)

As for "jacked up Focus" lets not forget that CD4 is a freshened EUCD which was a more size-flexible (complex), version of the C1. The C1, if you remember wsa the coop-project of Ford, Mazda, and Volvo that underpinned the Mk2 EU only Focus, Mazda3, small Volvo. It debuted in 2004 and since then spawned multitudes of derivatives to underpin everything FWD/AWD in Europe/Asia.

The C2 is a refreh of the C1, and the CD4 continues to be its more size-flexible, complex version for larger cars. Both platforms are AWD capable, however (without Volve needs) the Focus version of C2 has no need for AWD, so nothing was implemented. New Models based on C2 and CD4(.1, .2, .3) are slotted to be debuting for another 4 or 5 years (the next CD4.3 vehicles Taurus/Explorer/MKS/Aviator/Flex/MKT(will there be one) may be the last reveals to rride on it; production of C1 based cars then should continue though 2020 - a 15 year run.

The next Focus (MY2016/7) will debut the new C3 platform - a ground-up redesign, first time in some 25 years Ford is developing it ownd FWD/AWD platform without Volvo and Mazda. This C2 platform will ripple through Ford's FWD/AWD unitbody offering for the next 15 years. Everyting bigger than the Focus will ride on a version of the C3 platform.

Well,

the new MKX will be, and will be the same formula as the current one. It will be a big change since the current model rides on a version of the CD3, which traces back to Mazda' the new one will dire on CD4.2 which traces back to EUCD and C1 (see below)

The three-row Explorer/Aviator is rumored on CD4.3 (LWB of CD4.2)

As for "jacked up Focus" lets not forget that CD4 is a freshened EUCD which was a more size-flexible (complex), version of the C1. The C1, if you remember wsa the coop-project of Ford, Mazda, and Volvo that underpinned the Mk2 EU only Focus, Mazda3, small Volvo. It debuted in 2004 and since then spawned multitudes of derivatives to underpin everything FWD/AWD in Europe/Asia.

The C2 is a refreh of the C1, and the CD4 continues to be its more size-flexible, complex version for larger cars. Both platforms are AWD capable, however (without Volve needs) the Focus version of C2 has no need for AWD, so nothing was implemented. New Models based on C2 and CD4(.1, .2, .3) are slotted to be debuting for another 4 or 5 years (the next CD4.3 vehicles Taurus/Explorer/MKS/Aviator/Flex/MKT(will there be one) may be the last reveals to rride on it; production of C1 based cars then should continue though 2020 - a 15 year run.

The next Focus (MY2016/7) will debut the new C3 platform - a ground-up redesign, first time in some 25 years Ford is developing it ownd FWD/AWD platform without Volvo and Mazda. This C2 platform will ripple through Ford's FWD/AWD unitbody offering for the next 15 years. Everyting bigger than the Focus will ride on a version of the C3 platform.

Welcome back Igor. We haven't seen you around here in a while.

What Mark said, it's been a while. How are you doing ?

As for an AWD Focus..couldn't the Escape floor pan be used, since its AWD already?

The floor pan of the escape should be identical to that of the cmax. The difference is the IRS module used on the escape. That provides for greater ground clearance, which wouldn't work for a focus.