2015 Ford Mustang Order Bank Opens

robertlane

Convertibles just don't sell that well in the fall and winter so they're using that production capacity for more coupes. Makes perfect sense to me.

If the Convertibles were launched at the same time as the Fastbacks, the demand would still be there. Not only is there Summer year around in Florida & California as well as parts of Southern Arizona, Fleet Orders by Rental Car Companies would have scooped up every available Convertible Unit that wasn`t destined for Special Retail Order or Dealer Stock. The hold up is due to "Material Hold", not weather. Once the (commodities) are in inventory, JOB 2 will begin.

If the Convertibles were launched at the same time as the Fastbacks, the demand would still be there. Not only is there Summer year around in Florida & California as well as parts of Southern Arizona, Fleet Orders by Rental Car Companies would have scooped up every available Convertible Unit that wasn`t destined for Special Retail Order or Dealer Stock. The hold up is due to "Material Hold", not weather. Once the (commodities) are in inventory, JOB 2 will begin.

It's also a matter of making production simpler with an all-new model. Remove one entire body style and there's one less complex system that could potentially slow down the launch.

• Like 1

It's also a matter of making production simpler with an all-new model. Remove one entire body style and there's one less complex system that could potentially slow down the launch.

Whatever the reasons or rationale behind Ford`s decision to delay the launch of its 2015 Mustang "Convertible" it would have been simply courtesy to inform both their Dealers and Consumers how long the approximate delay of production will be. A JOB 2 delay for a few months is one thing but a longer delay may influence buyers to look elsewhere. Why the mystery? The Mustang Program Crew should be a bit more transparent of when its Convertible production schedule will commence and when the unscheduled order book will finally allow orders to be placed. Its July 8th today, are we talking about late Winter or early Spring delivery?

If they aren't publishing a date for the convertibles that usually means they don't know the date yet. Or the dates are not yet confirmed.

They don't just play games with those dates or delay production for fun. In most cases it's going to be a supplier or certification issue.

Are you waiting for a convertible or just pissed off on general principles?

• Like 1

If they aren't publishing a date for the convertibles that usually means they don't know the date yet. Or the dates are not yet confirmed.

They don't just play games with those dates or delay production for fun. In most cases it's going to be a supplier or certification issue.

Are you waiting for a convertible or just pissed off on general principles?

I am anxiously awaiting a call from my Dealerships Sales Manager of when I can order my 2015 Mustang Convertible, simple. I was hoping to take delivery before this Winter. Honestly, I`m only pissed off at Political discussions posted in the Off Topic Blog. I`m assuming its Commodities and Supply issues holding back Convertible assembly. Cheers!

• 2 weeks later...

FYI... Per today's "Commodity & Constraints Letter" regarding vehicle scheduling for this Thursday, July 24th... 2015 Mustang will not resume scheduling until Thursday, September 11th!

Any idea on the delay? They were scheduled out until the third week, so they'll be asses to elbows catching up, unless they are building out the foriegn market cars.

I thought that the 2015 Mustangs that were destined for Export other then to possibly Canada, like Britain, Germany, Western Europe, Australia, and China were going to delayed until 2015. Maybe the "right hand" drive? Hope JOB 2 starts sometime in Sept to get those Convertibles rolling.

We can speculate all we want but it's very possible that there's either an engineering or vendor (supplier) issue that's still be addressed. Rule out export vehicle production as there have been numerous reports that export production won't start until the North America launch is completed. If there is an engineering or vendor issue, Ford's not going to reveal it due to the potential fallout from negative media. In addition, there's been mention here about Limited Edition models scheduled for production. Ford has already stated that the Limited Edition cars would be an early production run. As such, I have to think that there's something else going on. Ford, per SOP (Standard Operating Practice) is not about to produce any vehicle that would be subject to a potential recall. Instead they'll hold back a shipping release and repair any involved issue or just delay production for any orders that include the involved issue.

For the past 10 years now, the Mustang model changeover occurred in late January or early February so that the new model was on the ground by the Mustang's anniversary date. This time the whole schedule was changed and unfortunately most of the country (USA) will totally miss the traditional Mustang selling season. Every delay notice just makes it worse for Dealers outside of the "Sun Belt" districts... California, Nevada, Texas, Florida, etc. My dealership has only 1 new 2014 Mustang GT's in stock. I don't really want to swap in another 2014 Mustang of any kind because I don't want to get stuck with any 2014 Mustang's if customers only want the all-new 2015 Model Year Mustang!

We can speculate all we want but it's very possible that there's either an engineering or vendor (supplier) issue that's still be addressed. Rule out export vehicle production as there have been numerous reports that export production won't start until the North America launch is completed. If there is an engineering or vendor issue, Ford's not going to reveal it due to the potential fallout from negative media. In addition, there's been mention here about Limited Edition models scheduled for production. Ford has already stated that the Limited Edition cars would be an early production run. As such, I have to think that there's something else going on. Ford, per SOP (Standard Operating Practice) is not about to produce any vehicle that would be subject to a potential recall. Instead they'll hold back a shipping release and repair any involved issue or just delay production for any orders that include the involved issue.

For the past 10 years now, the Mustang model changeover occurred in late January or early February so that the new model was on the ground by the Mustang's anniversary date. This time the whole schedule was changed and unfortunately most of the country (USA) will totally miss the traditional Mustang selling season. Every delay notice just makes it worse for Dealers outside of the "Sun Belt" districts... California, Nevada, Texas, Florida, etc. My dealership has only 1 new 2014 Mustang GT's in stock. I don't really want to swap in another 2014 Mustang of any kind because I don't want to get stuck with any 2014 Mustang's if customers only want the all-new 2015 Model Year Mustang!

ice-capades: Guess living in Palm Beach County Florida, I`m designated being in the "sun-belt"! Kindly Post on here when legitimate 2015 Mustang Convertible Orders are finally being excepted without (material hold- subject to JOB2, etc). If the Convertibles start arriving down here in late Nov. or Dec. it will be the optimum time of year to put the top down and not need A/C during the daytime.

The ordering system WILL take 2015 Mustang Convertible orders and they are legitimate orders! The "Material Hold" notices will clear automatically when Ford lifts the hold at the time they're ready to start scheduling 2015 Mustang Convertible orders. The "Material Hold" function is nothing unique or unusual as it's part of the process at times for all vehicle lines.

The ordering system WILL take 2015 Mustang Convertible orders and they are legitimate orders! The "Material Hold" notices will clear automatically when Ford lifts the hold at the time they're ready to start scheduling 2015 Mustang Convertible orders. The "Material Hold" function is nothing unique or unusual as it's part of the process at times for all vehicle lines.

Two Salesmen at different Dealerships, one being their Commercial Fleet Manager (both) say, until the Order System responds with Prices along side the Build Specifications, the Order is going no where and there is no advantage of being "in line" earlier, with this type of Convertible Order until notice is received about a JOB2 date. Insist on ordering the Convertible now or take their advice and simply wait it out?

• 3 weeks later...