Indian Making a Comeback

Why hasn't the government taken away their trademark?

They'll have to rename them "Native American Motorcycles".

The more I think about it, the more I am offended when I am called a "white man" by the American Indians. Particularly when it is certain, easily offended Indian Americans.

I'm serious. They've been calling my race that insulting name since we landed at Plymouth Rock. Geesh!!!

I think I should sue for $37,000,000,000.

Wonder what my chances are that anyone will defend me?

.....Wonder what my chances are that anyone will defend me?

You are not a member of one of the "protected class" of US citizens..

In United States Federal anti-discrimination law, a protected class is a characteristic of a person which cannot be targeted for discrimination.[1] The following characteristics are considered "Protected Classes" by Federal law:

Individual states can and do create other protected classes, which are protected under that state's law.

They'll have to rename them "Native American Motorcycles".

The more I think about it, the more I am offended when I am called a "white man" by the American Indians. Particularly when it is certain, easily offended Indian Americans.

I'm serious. They've been calling my race that insulting name since we landed at Plymouth Rock. Geesh!!!

I think I should sue for $37,000,000,000.

Wonder what my chances are that anyone will defend me?

Ever been called a "round eye" by an Asian? I have. More than once.

Polaris, Indian's parent, is well on their way to giving Harley some competition. I've mystery shopped, for a couple of different services, Victory, Indian, and Harley, and all Harley has going for them is their name. Their sales people tend to be a bit arrogant, many of them badmouth their competition, and their percentage of foreign sourced parts is reported to be higher than the two Polaris brands, Victory and Indian. Plus now Harley is developing a 100% Made in India bike, for export too the United States.

I have owned about every brand of motorcycle. Started racing dirt bikes as a kid an when I got my DL I also got my 1st road bike at age 16. I use to buy the fasted thing on the road every year and loved to drive fast. I got nailed by a van in 82 ( other driver cited failure to yield ) and was not able to ride for a couple years. Its then I had my 1st Harley and used it for cruising. It was fun but WAY overpriced for the engineering and build quality. I got a big laugh when the Harley guys said "made in USA" when the Harley at that time all had Japanese carburetors, suspension, various electronics and lots of parts. Even the Harley leather was made in Sri Lanka / offshore. My Vanson leather jacket is about double the weight of the Harley garbage leather jackets.

I sold the Harley and do not miss it. I ride a Honda 650L on / off road bike which fits me to a "T" riding style. I still like to ride wheelies and go off road which a Harley cant do and its WAY less in cost and I ride it rain, shine & snow.

If I wanted a road bike to do distance BMW had the most impressive bikes on the road many years back.

The most fun per dollar I have ever spent on a MC ~

0623121518a.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Depends on what you call competition. Many people will only ride Harleys or ride American-made. For those people, they may consider Indian. Honestly I think the HD just looks better.

For those of us that are motorcycle enthusiasts (not just American motorcycle enthusiasts) Harley has always had competition. I looked at Harley several times, but honestly the performance wasn't there. The only Harley I would buy would be the VRod, which is very nice. It just depends on what you want. I liken Harleys (outside the VRod) to a classic Cadillac. Comfortable, iffy dependability, not much power or handling by modern standards but provides an image. Not in any way a performance-oriented ride, but a really nice retirement bike.

Unfortunately many Harley riders today are all about projecting an outlaw biker image that neither reflects their personal life nor the history of outlaw motorcycling.

Depends on what you call competition. Many people will only ride Harleys or ride American-made. For those people, they may consider Indian. Honestly I think the HD just looks better.

For those of us that are motorcycle enthusiasts (not just American motorcycle enthusiasts) Harley has always had competition. I looked at Harley several times, but honestly the performance wasn't there. The only Harley I would buy would be the VRod, which is very nice. It just depends on what you want. I liken Harleys (outside the VRod) to a classic Cadillac. Comfortable, iffy dependability, not much power or handling by modern standards but provides an image. Not in any way a performance-oriented ride, but a really nice retirement bike.

Unfortunately many Harley riders today are all about projecting an outlaw biker image that neither reflects their personal life nor the history of outlaw motorcycling.

Not quite retired, but my Harley Ultra is just the kind of riding I enjoy with the "Queen". It's not about the image, but it is also a statement to riding. I refuse to ride a Goldwing. I don't need everything, including a hot tub, when I ride cross country.

Hair in the wind, bugs in the teeth, built-in in vibrator. What else does anyone need?

• Like 1

Not quite retired, but my Harley Ultra is just the kind of riding I enjoy with the "Queen". It's not about the image, but it is also a statement to riding. I refuse to ride a Goldwing. I don't need everything, including a hot tub, when I ride cross country.

Hair in the wind, bugs in the teeth, built-in in vibrator. What else does anyone need?

Hey man, rock on. I always like to hear about low-key Harley guys (my stepfather is one, and he rides a Road King). When I cruised through Annapolis recently it seemed like every Harley guy I ran into was like these guys:

southparkfags.png

There may be a point when I spring for a VRod, but not yet. When I get all of my performance kick, I would like to get something as angry-looking as this:

V-Rod-02-1.jpg

Edited by the_spaniard