'15 Edge Holds Line on Pricing

According to this, the Sport is not $500 more than the base model like it says in the article the OP linked to. Which, made no sense any ways.

EDIT: Looks like Autoblog updated their article with the right pricing that the '15 sport is $500 more than the '14 sport, not the base model (like akirby mentions below).

Edited by jinx8402

Configurator does not show 2.3 EB... I thought that was going to be available?

2.0 EB FWD SE, SEL, Titanium

2.0 EB AWD SE, SEL, Titanium

3.5 V6 FWD SE, SEL, Titanium

3.5 V6 AWD SE, SEL, Titanium

2.7 EB FWD Sport

2.7 EB AWD Sport

nope, maybe Lincoln.

• Like 1

FWD 2.7EB? Is this going to be detuned from the F150 application? That would be a lot of power to put through the front wheels only, even for a largish CUV.

Wow - I had to check the order guide to be sure that wasn't a misprint. It's not. I can't imagine that much power through just the front wheels. I'm sure there is a lot of torque management going on.

Wow - I had to check the order guide to be sure that wasn't a misprint. It's not. I can't imagine that much power through just the front wheels. I'm sure there is a lot of torque management going on.

? 3.7 Sport right NOW is avail FWd with 305....2.7 isnt that much more...and knowing Ford it will be torque / boost limited in the first two gears...even then I cant find anything pertaining to the 2.7s HP, Im speculating but would guess 325.

Edited by Deanh

? 3.7 Sport right NOW is avail FWd with 305....2.7 isnt that much more...and knowing Ford it will be torque / boost limited in the first two gears...even then I cant find anything pertaining to the 2.7s HP, Im speculating but would guess 325.

Dammit - why does everyone keep quoting hp and not torque?

3.7L - 280 lb/ft at 4K rpm (mustang)

2.7L EB - 375 lb/ft at 3K rpm (F150)

See a slight difference there Dean? Even detuned it has WAY WAY WAY more torque than the 3.7L and more torque than the previous torque limited 3.5L EB.

Dammit - why does everyone keep quoting hp and not torque?

3.7L - 280 lb/ft at 4K rpm (mustang)

2.7L EB - 375 lb/ft at 3K rpm (F150)

See a slight difference there Dean? Even detuned it has WAY WAY WAY more torque than the 3.7L and more torque than the previous torque limited 3.5L EB.

tell you right now, it wont be 375 in the Edge, I doubt it will even hit 280 in 1st and second gear...sounds like fun though...but I will be curious when they release the CHOKED Edge figures...that damn engine flop or RWD cant come fast enough ( well at least for enthusiasts...)

Why would they even use it if they're limiting it to 280 lb/ft? Just use the 3.7L.

upper second gear through the rest of the trans...they torque limit all of their ecos in first and second in FWD configurations, take it from a pi$$ed off St owner ( soon to be rectified with a reflash courtesy of Cobb or Mountune ) Ford will still publish peak of course because they dont have to be gear specific...peak torque in first and/ or second in a FWD coule be pretty scary to the uninitiated...

Edited by Deanh

Why would they even use it if they're limiting it to 280 lb/ft? Just use the 3.7L.

Presumably, as the case with all EB engine - to get better CAFE numbers.

If I had to guess, I'd say 2.7 EB in transverse applications will be 300 hp / 300 lb-ft

Edited by bzcat

If I had to guess, I'd say 2.7 EB in transverse applications will be 300 hp / 300 lb-ft

and to alleviate any sudden stress on the transaxles ( read implosion ), not to mention torque steer....even the 3.7 FWD has that if driven in a feisty manner....

That would be even more stupid since the 2.3L EB puts out 285/300.

I'm sure it has some torque management but they must have figured out how to get more power to the front wheels.