Ferguson protests take a hopeful turn.

Seems to me the "thugs" are just confirming the low opinion that others already have of them.

Exactly. If you're trying to show that police bias against you is unwarranted, it's not a good idea to go out and loot, pillage, burn businesses and cop cars and shoot a cop. Especially when the person who was shot had just committed a strong arm robbery, punched a police officer, tried to take his gun away from him and then charged him like a maniac (all confirmed by forensic evidence and eyewitness accounts including several african-american witnesses).

If young blacks are 21 times more likely to be arrested for a violent crime, then the question is how many more times do they actually commit violent crimes? If you're 21 times more likely to commit a crime then it's reasonable that you're 21 times more likely to be arrested for it. I don't know the numbers but if you're making that claim then you should know all the numbers.

And just because there are only 3 blacks on the Ferguson force doesn't mean there is discrimination. How many qualified african-american candidates actually applied?

I'm not saying there is or isn't bias there, just that you can't come to that conclusion based on the facts just mentioned because it's only half the story.

The #1 killer of young black males is other black males.

Usually with a firearm illegally owned and used.

No amount of finger pointing at police will offset the above fact.

Travon Martin was shot and killed during an assault by a person legally carrying a firearm.

Brown was shot and killed during an assault on a police officer after a robbery.

Both were assailants and NOT victims.

Both of the above deaths could have been prevented by better life decisions by the deceased or they could be alive today if the assault victims we not armed. To many being unarmed is deemed a solution which is laughable when people have no respect for others or the law.

• Like 1

"they could be alive today if the assault victims we not armed." EXACTLY! And that is what people don't understand, if you want the victim to be alive, let them be armed, if you want the criminal to be alive, don't let victims be armed.

I might have 30+years in the Army, but I don't even own a gun, don't hunt etc. I'm VERY qualified on many weapons, I just don't look at them as a hobby or with interest, to me they're a tool to be used when needed. Well after this stuff in Ottawa going on and the lockdown on our bases, a buddy gave me a shotgun to keep for protection. Boys are 13 and 17 and know it's a weapon so don't touch it. Will I ever use it? HIGHLY doubtfull, but it's there "in case". After this dies down I'll give it back and probably get my own "in case".

I don't care if people are armed or not, I just think everybody has the "right" to protect themselves against criminals. I can guarantee I'm not going to commit any crimes just because I have a gun now, that thought is ludicrous! But it's what the left will lead you to believe."increase in gun ownership will cause an increase in crime" REALLY??? Where do they even come up with that crap???

• Like 1

The #1 killer of young black males is other black males.

Usually with a firearm illegally owned and used.

No amount of finger pointing at police will offset the above fact.

Both of the above deaths could have been prevented by better life decisions by the deceased or they could be alive today if the assault victims we not armed. To many being unarmed is deemed a solution which is laughable when people have no respect for others or the law.

#1 Killer of white men is white men, 83% of whites kill each other. Movies and songs promoting rape, murder, greed, etc. are produced by white owned companies.

Majority of "gansta rap" garbage buyers are young white subroutines, maybe you shuold you be looking over your shoulders when you go to your suburban "utopia" theatre tonight because James Holmes made sure you can't do that peacefully either.

BTW if you have "excellent" solutions to really help blacks, put your money where your mouth is and help.

Edited by Fgts

So...your saying there is no racism and that whites kill whites and blacks kill blacks?

"Movies and songs promoting rape, murder, greed, etc. are produced by white owned companies." I'm sure you meant "are produced by both white and black owned companies" right?

Good point about the "gangsta rap" garbage, my white kid listens to that crap...of course I still listen to my old Run DMC tapes once in a while so it's not the rap I hate, it's the cursing and racebaiting/racist wording of some of this crap. Speaking of that, what's with eminems new stuff? Man is he angry or what? The government has warned him? WHAT???

For the record, both of my boys are clean cut and wear nice/clean clothes PROPERLY as I will not allow them to wear the baggy pants even if they wanted to.(which they don't) I don't give them the opportunity to hang out with the wrong crowd, one is heavily into sports (basketball) and the other is into dragracing. Nothing guarantees your kids won't end up messed up, but it won't be because of me not doing everything I can to set them on the correct path in life.

And THAT is what I see wrong with kids of both colours, no proper parenting so they end up making poor decisions which end up fatal for someone through guns/drugs/etc.

Now check out the stats on who has the most kids born out of wedlock or who has the most single moms/delinquent dads etc, I think THAT is the point most miss, it's not the colour of skin, it's the parenting they receive. (or lack thereof)

Edited by goinbroke2

And THAT is what I see wrong with kids of both colours, no proper parenting so they end up making poor decisions which end up fatal for someone through guns/drugs/etc.

Bingo. You don't see this crap as much from kids growing up in a family household. Black kids are more likely to grow up in a single mother household (I'm assuming) and therefore also more likely to grow up in poverty and that's a terrible combination. If there was more focus on solving that problem it would be far more productive.

So...your saying there is no racism and that whites kill whites and blacks kill blacks?

Where you get that from?, let's stop pretending that blacks only have a criminal problem.

"Movies and songs promoting rape, murder, greed, etc. are produced by white owned companies." I'm sure you meant "are produced by both white and black owned companies" right?

Correction, I meant jew and white. They maybe "black record companies" like Young Money,Rocka'fella,etc.. but those companies are owned wholly by Universal, CBS, Capital Records and others with direct influence on what to promote . The last totally black owned mass media outlet was BET but the owner sold it to Viacom in '01.

Good point about the "gangsta rap" garbage, my white kid listens to that crap...of course I still listen to my old Run DMC tapes once in a while so it's not the rap I hate, it's the cursing and racebaiting/racist wording of some of this crap. Speaking of that, what's with eminems new stuff? Man is he angry or what? The government has warned him? WHAT???

I try to listen to new stuff as i'm not that old but a lot of new crap turn me off, even some new R&B songs would make an old Ice T song blush.

For the record, both of my boys are clean cut and wear nice/clean clothes PROPERLY as I will not allow them to wear the baggy pants even if they wanted to.(which they don't) I don't give them the opportunity to hang out with the wrong crowd, one is heavily into sports (basketball) and the other is into dragracing. Nothing guarantees your kids won't end up messed up, but it won't be because of me not doing everything I can to set them on the correct path in life.

Now check out the stats on who has the most kids born out of wedlock or who has the most single moms/delinquent dads etc, I think THAT is the point most miss, it's not the colour of skin, it's the parenting they receive. (or lack thereof)

I can go on forever on what's really wrong in America for blacks but for short men can't be in the home with welfare programs in place in which contributes to crazy intercity youth also high incarnation rates for black men (in which race dose matter according to many studies) is a burden as the men who would straighten out these kids isn't there .

It's a cycle that can be broken just like slavery and southern Jim Crow laws but participation is needed, as the Bible says "am im my brothers keeper?". Can't just not care about citizens in the US because of color .

Edited by Fgts

Watch this and tell me it's all about color as this man cries out for his dad as the cops subdue him, putting him in coma, sending him to the hospital, where he later dies.

From what I've heard, I don't think the man in NYC died of a choking. He died of a heart attack.

Watch this and tell me it's all about color as this man cries out for his dad as the cops subdue him, putting him in coma, sending him to the hospital, where he later dies.

From what I've heard, I don't think the man in NYC died of a choking. He died of a heart attack.

So white guys didn't get justice means all police don't have racist cops or practices , got yah ...

That NYC cop should be looking at a trial date and the unemployment office rather then issuing a weak apology especially if the corner declared the choke a homicide.

Maybe you should show where the mental ill white guy got shot in the back by cops on camera in Albuquerque, cops didn't get charged .

Coroners can make mistakes.

Long story short, the issue is the use of excessive force--especially while enforcing minor crime--not black man/white cop.

Videos don't make mistakes, he was killed point blank.

The case was for a trial jury to decide but instead the District Ass (DA) put it in front of a grand jury and no charge was filed. Ofcourse the DA wasn't looking for a charge in the first place, otherwise he woulda had the balls to charge the cop.

Yes, excessive force is a problem for any person of any race . It probably wasn't a black/white issue in the Gardner case but let's not pretend racist policing don't happen.

Edited by Fgts

I don't deny the existence of racist cops. I disregard it as the (or a) leading problem.

There are more white people killed by cops than blacks. There are more black people killed by other black people than are killed by whites including cops.

Demagogues aren't interested in the truth, nor are they prepared to clearly state what the want or offer a solution.

If a body camera would've shown Brown was the aggressor, people would still deny it, just as they ignore the store surveillance tape establishing he wasn't a gentle giant.

I don't deny the existence of racist cops. I disregard it as the (or a) leading problem.

There are more white people killed by cops than blacks. There are more black people killed by other black people than are killed by whites including cops.

Demagogues aren't interested in the truth, nor are they prepared to clearly state what the want or offer a solution.

If a body camera would've shown Brown was the aggressor, people would still deny it, just as they ignore the store surveillance tape establishing he wasn't a gentle giant.

So MB wasn't a good guy. I got it but did he need to get shot?. Im not a Demmy or Rebub so I don't agree or disagree all times with each party.

A trial was needed to decided that as several witnesses did see him surrender,including the contractors working that day seen him shot wasn't at the grand jury nor DW was cross examined. The DA wanted Wilson loose from the start. The good from this is police brutality is frontline now and being addressed for everyone.

I've been in a situation where I nearly justifiably shot someone dead, but I didn't and im typing right now. Because you think you can don't mean you have to shoot.

I don't see how being Dem or Rep factors into any of this. People should favor the truth (and justice), no matter their political affiliation.

We can agree or disagree on whether or not a (very public) trial would have mitigated or exacerbated the situation.

My feeling is an acquittal would have only exacerbated things resulting in more violence.

I'm tired of "victims" not being given their fair share of blame in these instances. Had Michael Brown not attacked a police officer in the process of being detained for a crime (with video evidence showing his guilt) he would still be alive. If he had not charged the officer after being shot he would probably still be alive.

If the guy in NY (who was committing a crime) had not resisted arrest then he would still be alive.

Don't do crimes. If you do a crime and the police stop you, cooperate. If you didn't do a crime but the police stop you, cooperate anyway.

Pretty simple if you ask me.

• Like 1

I'm tired of "victims" not being given their fair share of blame in these instances. Had Michael Brown not attacked a police officer in the process of being detained for a crime (with video evidence showing his guilt) he would still be alive. If he had not charged the officer after being shot he would probably still be alive.

If the guy in NY (who was committing a crime) had not resisted arrest then he would still be alive.

Don't do crimes. If you do a crime and the police stop you, cooperate. If you didn't do a crime but the police stop you, cooperate anyway.

Pretty simple if you ask me.

A FREAKING MEN!

Why is this such a hard concept to grasp? Take responsibility for your actions, think about the consequences, and life will go on for you. Assault a police officer (or anyone with a gun), expect to die.