Ford Revises Ecosport to Counter Poor Sales (in Europe)

In this day and age I would expect a car like the ecosport to come from Dacia, not an established company like ford. The interior is appalling and the exterior fit and finish is as bad. The panel gaps are huge especially on the rear door/boot lid. Even on the interior rear doors of the new facelift focus ford is still using cheap plastics, along with bee sting aerials and drum brakes, all of which you would expect on a car from the early 90's. Ford constantly get slated in the uk for poor interior quality and the use if cheap plastics. I don't think ford will ever learn....

Edited by geronimo183

I didn't say it was a minivan, only that it looks like a minivan. With those sliding doors, it does, IMHO, look like a minivan.

is this a minivan too? my point is Nt all people make the same connection that minivans are bad.

peugeot-1007-side-doors-open-12-06-06.jp

Edited by Biker16

is this a minivan too? my point is Nt all people make the same connection that minivans are bad.

Again, he didn't say it was a minivan.

Yes, that looks like a minivan, and would never sell here.

Not all people believe dinosaurs existed, or that man has been to the moon. All three of those opinions are flawed.

• Like 1

The reason I posted the B-Max is that when you look at a Chev Trax CUV, for example, the rear doors are getting small, in spite of the 'pumped-up' styling, because it's got a shorter wheelbase than C-size CUV's like RAV4 or Escape. IMHO, there could be an access problem especially for taller passengers.

The integrated sliding B-pillar might alleviate this, and if so, could make the Ford B-size CUV stand out from the others in the segment, as GM, the Koreans and the Japanese duke it out with same-old, same-old. My 2¢. :)

The reason I posted the B-Max is that when you look at a Chev Trax CUV, for example, the rear doors are getting small, in spite of the 'pumped-up' styling, because it's got a shorter wheelbase than C-size CUV's like RAV4 or Escape. IMHO, there could be an access problem especially for taller passengers.

The integrated sliding B-pillar might alleviate this, and if so, could make the Ford B-size CUV stand out from the others in the segment, as GM, the Koreans and the Japanese duke it out with same-old, same-old. My 2¢. :)

I understand what you are saying, its just these are issues with any small car, buyers understand the compromise.

• 1 month later...

The full list of EcoSport enhancements includes:

• Spare wheel optional, with a tyre mobility kit in place of the spare as the standard offering

• Colour 4-inch display when SYNC is specified

• Charcoal black lower instrument panel, centre console and door boards

• Partial leather seats standard for Titanium models

• Significant Noise, Vibration and Harshness reworking via enhanced sound package

• Significant dynamics upgrade – with revisions to springs, dampers, spring aids, steering gear, rear axle twist beam, Electronic Stability Programme settings and steering assistance profiles

• Reduced gearbox torque truncation in lower gears provides more available torque for both EcoBoost and TDCi diesel

• Instruments can be dimmed, have chrome-surround rings, window-lifter switches have chrome tabs

• Heated windscreen, heated mirrors, and heated seats available as a combined “Winter Pack” which also adds rear seat ducting at floor level to improve comfort in the rear seat in cold conditions

• Privacy glass optional • The handbrake is relocated to improve accessibility

• Powertrains are upgraded to EU6.1 emission standard, with the diesel gaining 5 PS

For vehicles without the spare wheel, the rear swing-gate on EcoSport also has been revised to allow for easier partial opening where space is limited. (Wonder what the revision is?)

Ford Announces Enhanced and Extended EcoSport SUV Line-Up; Presents New EcoSport S at Geneva

• Ford today announced it will deliver significant styling, drive dynamics, and equipment upgrades for the EcoSport SUV

• EcoSport will for the first time be made available without a rear-mounted spare wheel; interior benefits from subtle, stylish upgrades, including a restyled instrument cluster

• Ride and handling enhanced with 10 mm (0.39 inches) reduction in ride height , suspension retuning and revised rear twist beam; Electronic Stability Control and power steering systems revised for Europe

• More refined EcoSport offers improved convenience and comfort with heated windscreen, heated mirrors, heated front seats; thicker sound deadening materials

• At the Geneva Motor Show this week, Ford displayed a sporty EcoSport S, which includes the upgrades to EcoSport that we be available to customers starting in June

• EcoSport S is presented in Deep Impact Blue with black roof and mirror caps and unique 17- inch alloy wheels; extends Ford’s SUV line-up alongside Kuga and forthcoming Edge

Here is the updated 2016 Ford Ecosport from the Geneva auto show.

One of the updates is the optional removal of the spare wheel/tire from the back (although it doesn't say if by removing it, the vehicle no longer comes with a spare wheel/tire).

http://www.carscoops.com/2015/03/2016-ford-ecosport-loses-exterior-spare.html

I'll take mine with the Winter Pack, diesel, and a manual please.

• Like 1