Ford GT: 250 a year, around 400K to start

The GT isn't aimed at cars like the Ferrari 458 (soon to be replaced by the new 488), McLaren 650S, and Lamborghini Huracán (which shares a platform with the Audi R8 as Dean suggests), but at the "bigger" fish like Ferrari's F12berlinetta, McLaren's new 675LT Limited, and the Lamborghini Aventador (unique platform). The new GT will have that level of engineering/performance/sophistication.

Check out the pricing on the latter three cars and then tell me if anyone thinks Ford's being ridiculous.

Unfortunately, that sounds quite a lot like GM's Cadillac strategy. Try and make a better BMW and charge the same price as BMW.

• Like 1

Unfortunately, that sounds quite a lot like GM's Cadillac strategy. Try and make a better BMW and charge the same price as BMW.

Point taken, and while I have no doubt there'll be a healthy profit margin with every GT sold, what if Ford honestly can't meet their financial targets going the "bargain supercar" route? What if they need to be in the same price realm as the others mentioned above cos y'know, they're offering a car on that kind of level? Would you personally prefer they not bother at all? (Just asking)

They're not going to do this at a loss, no way. So if quantity is indeed very limited, profit-per-vehicle has to be absolutely kick ass.

I don't think they need to be bargain supercar. I'm just not sure they want to be selling the GT at a price at or above established players.

Don't get me wrong, I'm sure the GT will be at least as good or better as these cars. But the snob factor of a Ford isn't quite up there with a prancing stallion or a raging bull.

It's kind of the same thought process many on this board said when Hyundai released the Genesis and Equuis.

You'll be buying your $400k supercar while staring across the showroom at this little guy:

2014-ford-fiesta-front-angle3_9315_089_6

• Like 4

lets put it this way, although maybe a tad extreme...ford coming to established exotic cars territory could be compared with Toyota coming to the F-150s party.....don't overdo the talk or the expectations or be ridiculed at how you didn't live up to certain standards....my advice, under promise and over succeed.

• Like 2

you could have at least put in a fiesta ST...LMAO!....how about THIS PR......similar performance at $150k less...........now we are talking...........

$400k would get you about 18 and half Fiesta ST's. Now imagine combining them all! You'd have an inline 72 cylinder with 18 turbochargers. Who needs a GT? ;-)

Edited by Intrepidatious
  • Like 1

Let's get crazy with this: How is this bad boy going to be sold? I don't think it'll be in showrooms based upon the 250/year formula. I really wonder.

Deanh, how does luxury car dealers work? I haven't a dream or hope in he double hockey stick to have the ability to possess the GT so enlighten me.

@Intrepidatious.....don't forget mouthing off and chest bumping BEFORE the cars even released....has Elon Musk got a job involving the GTs Public Relations?....

Obviously,FORD has done some type of testing of the car that they feel it can run with or beat the class of cars that will be in its class. :happy feet:

Let's get crazy with this: How is this bad boy going to be sold? I don't think it'll be in showrooms based upon the 250/year formula. I really wonder.

Deanh, how does luxury car dealers work? I haven't a dream or hope in he double hockey stick to have the ability to possess the GT so enlighten me.

I was thinking the same thing...there are roughly 3100 dealerships just in the USA alone!

I seriously doubt that this car will be sitting anywhere near a Fiesta on a Ford lot...its going to have it own display room inside the dealership!