Johan de Nysschen opens his mouth again, leaves Cadillac future murky

Anthony

http://www.gminsidenews.com/forums/f70/gmi-exclusive-xts-will-not-replaced-end-lifecycle-202289/

Cadillac will not replace the XTS when it reaches the end of its lifecycle in 2019 signalling the end of the funeral and stretch limousine business for GM's luxury brand, GMInsideNews can report.

With the introduction of the new range-topping -- for now -- CT6 revealed last night, Cadillac will realign their products to better take on its German competition.

"As we move into the future refining our sedan portfolio, there will be no direct successor to the CTS. There will be no direct successor to the ATS. There is no point to renaming those cars because in the future those cars will disappear," said Johan de Nysschen at a private reveal last night for the Cadillac CT6.

Probably the only model within the Cadillac range with a question mark next to its future is the XTS. But, de Nysschen was quick to put rumors to bed regarding Cadillac's front-wheel drive sedan.

"Ultimately, a car like XTS when it reaches the end of its lifecycle, will not be replaced."

While retail customers likely won't miss the XTS, one group most definitely will: coachbuilders of funeral cars and stretch limousines.

"We will not have a car that will lend itself to these kind of modifications and we will probably withdrawal from those markets."

* Edited for formatting

Edited by Intrepidatious

This guy is out of control. Why would you even comment on things like this except to maybe alienate the customers you now have?

One things for sure.........whomever replaces this guy once he destroys Cadillac will have their work cut out for them.

Oh. Yeah.

THAT puts my mind at ease.

If you REALLY want to feel a pit in your stomach, head over to GMI and read the comments... more than half think this strategy makes perfect sense:

Those of you questioning why the ATS, CTS, and XTS will not have direct successors seem to be missing, well, everything.

First off, the CT6 is the first step of the reinvention of Cadillac, and just in these pictures I declare it's by far the best looking Cadillac inside and out that has been made in the last 40 years. 50 years. Hell, since the '59 Eldorado Series 62 convertible. It exudes luxury the right way. That interior alone has the best appearance of any interior EVER made by GM. You can't even call that GM - take the crest off the steering wheel and I'd say it could be a Mercedes, BMW, or Audi. Never before could anyone make that mistake.

Second, the CT6, the second I looked at it, rendered everything Cadillac makes right now a Chevy with nicer headlights. Every. Single. One. If you don't get what I just said, I cannot help you. The CT6 just took the Cadillac name and gave it complete global credibility as a premium luxury marque. Which is something the rest of those cars do not do.

Last, deNyshen has been saying for months the nomenclature of Cadillac is going to change, and the CT alpha-heading on every car will be the new direction. There is no longer a need for ATS, CTS, XTS. It does not work in the lineup.

The only drawback to this is that, now, the CT6 just made the values of every other Cadillac drop considerably. People will wait and pay premium dollars for that car.

Your CTS is now worth $5,000 less than it was 2 days ago.

I'm 90% certain he was being serious.

I don't know how many posts I've started and then deleted.

I can't even wrap my head around this.

I just can't even.

You've got two products floundering in the market, and you publicly disclaim all support for them years before their replacements arrive. And you do so in an interview with a guy who runs a 3rd tier website?

My brain. I ..

I think I just got dumber trying to comprehend this.

And where the heck is Mary Barra in all this, I want to know.

Is the basic idea that the billions in profit generated by Chevrolet should just be handed over to de Nysschen with no further questions asked and no further oversight given?

• Like 2

You know, that's a fairly refreshing bit of HR management, but this business of giving managers so much autonomy? I'm sorry, but in Johan's case, that's absolutely the worst possible idea.

I do see her logic behind it, forcing the issue into the hands of the managers when are supposed to be leaders. Unfortunately for Johan, he's the last person in the company who needs any sort of autonomous control with no oversight.

• Like 1

Cadillac will not replace the XTS when it reaches the end of its lifecycle in 2019 signalling the end of the funeral and stretch limousine business for GM's luxury brand, GMInsideNews can report.

At least Lincoln will have some MKT Town Cars around to take up the slack. With all due respect to Lincoln, I'm chooseing cremation.