MAP C-crew getting canned?

fuzzymoomoo

Agree with you. And if you think about it, 30 years of profit checks estimating a take home of $5000 a year is another $150,000. And this isn't including any overtime you would have worked over the years. After 30 years if you planned it out right you won't have a car payment either. I'm not saying that you couldn't get an easy part time job somewhere at a place like Home Depot for some spending money. That part time job would be easier on your body then working in a plant. So to say that it's not possible to do 30 and out isn't true.

Ahhhh.....to be young and naive again. 30yrs. and out? Possible, but very, very unlikely. Everybody would like to call it quits after working only 30 years. It appears you have not yet been slapped with the reality of life grasshopper. So you would like us to believe that you put your profit sharing and overtime pay into an account that you will not touch until retirement so you have a nice little nestegg plus your TESPHE to retire on? If you retire at age 48, do you think the car you bought at age 44 and is now paid off will last you until you are 70yrs old? And at the young age of 48yrs., do you really want to be a minimum wage earner at walmart greeting people at the door to earn spending money instead of making $25/hr. on the line?

• Like 2

Ahhhh.....to be young and naive again. 30yrs. and out? Possible, but very, very unlikely. Everybody would like to call it quits after working only 30 years. It appears you have not yet been slapped with the reality of life grasshopper. So you would like us to believe that you put your profit sharing and overtime pay into an account that you will not touch until retirement so you have a nice little nestegg plus your TESPHE to retire on? If you retire at age 48, do you think the car you bought at age 44 and is now paid off will last you until you are 70yrs old? And at the young age of 48yrs., do you really want to be a minimum wage earner at walmart greeting people at the door to earn spending money instead of making $25/hr. on the line?

A pension and the $9 an hour at Walmart is way better than working that line!

Screw the Walmart job I'll just take the pension and enjoy life !

What a bunch of a$$ holes, Thinking you have any right telling anyone when they should retire, screw you dick weeds, maybe a million isn't enough for my needs. hell im gonna stay 40 yrs just to screw your whinnie ass over.

That's the union spirit

tier 2 employees have done nothing but whine and bitch about how tier 1 should give up this and that , well we gave up enough for you, now you want to tell us when to retire. well screw you, don't like your job then fucking quit, millions of others are waiting for the chance you have, be nice if you done something to improve your lot instead of worrying about others. all the crap I see tier 2 post on this site makes me not want to do anything that would benefit them. so keep pushing.

• Like 2

tier 2 employees have done nothing but whine and bitch about how tier 1 should give up this and that , well we gave up enough for you, now you want to tell us when to retire. well screw you, don't like your job then fucking quit, millions of others are waiting for the chance you have, be nice if you done something to improve your lot instead of worrying about others. all the crap I see tier 2 post on this site makes me not want to do anything that would benefit them. so keep pushing.

I've never said a legacy employee should give up one thing and I've never said you should retire so quit putting words in my mouth. The UAW fought for 30 and out....if don't want to take advantage of that then its your choice, but it benefits a majority of it's members.

Seriosly, Your screen name is tier2, So whenever anyone mentions tier2, they must be talkin about you. 30 and out benifits those who wish to take advantage of it. it wasn't designed for new employees to say, hey got your 30 yrs now get out. You do relize that most of us are required to work till 66.5 to get full SS.When your talking about n extra $500 difference from retireing at 62 or 66.5. A lot of people just might think it's worth it.

• Like 2

Well I'm not a tier 2 guy, and I personal think its sad if you can't or choose not to retire at 30 years. And as far as giving up things. What did YOU say you would "give up" for the tier 2 guys? I personal chose to give up nothing, my uaw said this is what they are giving up in my behalf.

Edited by one of a kind

I think it's sad that some people would give up a 25% increase in their retirement income because their to dumb to work just 4 more yrs. you may think it's not a big deal but how many companies have ended up screwing people out of their pensions. How many may end up taking a major hit on their 401. Life throws a lot of curve balls and you really should do everything you can to ensure the absolute best retirement for yourself that you can.

• Like 1

The guys that didnt save a fucking dime are the ones still working. Still working to age 66 to get an extra 500 bucks a month. Extra 100 bucks a week. Still slaving away to get an extra 100 bucks a week. Thats less than minimum wage at another job you idiots.

The guys that didnt save a fucking dime are the ones still working. Still working to age 66 to get an extra 500 bucks a month. Extra 100 bucks a week. Still slaving away to get an extra 100 bucks a week. Thats less than minimum wage at another job you idiots.

Not totally true. I know of a guy that is a multimillionaire with 47 years. No plans to retire.

• Like 1

182 that 500 a month equals about another $90,000 income in average life expectancy. $6000 a yr, walk away from that if you want. I plan on living as well as I can and that means not leaving any money on the table .Now if I were a line worker I would leave the first day I was able.

O god just move on. Mathematically it stupid to work past 30 years. Take out the life story, and emotional crap just looking at it mathematically your losing money, even that 66.5 year crap of 500 more dollars. By the time you catch up to the money the guy who retired at 58 made you will be about 82. Retire or don't it doesn't matter to no one but you but please do not argue with the math. And for all the tier 2 guys just through attrition only we will all be good in the next 5 to 7 years.

You know what lets keep the tier 2 were there at. There's got to be ditch diggers too making sub par pay and no benefits working next to someone making full pay with benefits. As long as they keep those little bastards under 20% we have nothing to worry about when contract time comes around.

And by the time they become the majority I'll be dead so I just won't give a fuck about there vote or what they have to say.

• Like 1