August sales?

do not forget a fully rebodied Focus, and the Expedition.

I did mention the Focus, but the Expedition is in a market with very little grow and more likely to loose more sales then to gain them.

Its a great SUV, but thats something the market doesnt want right now.

It is also pretty well proven that women will by macho cars, but men will never buy cute cars. Did you ever notice who is driving those Hummer H2's? Mostly moms.

no doubt, my gf drives an Xterra as does a close coworker who is also female

the Hummer ads have started to really bear this out. "H2 - Get Your Girl On"? I have no idea what this means, but obviously someone does because these are probably 2/3rds of the people buying these vehicles. they should be kinda desperate though with the gas prices.

if you're set on an SUV as a people mover are you going to buy a Tahoe/Expy or an H2? most people that would have chosen the latter before are probably moving away and into something else

for this reason I think some of the most interesting marketing would be for Jeeps - but other than the Wrangler Unlimited I haven't really seen any "traditional" Jeeps marketed anywhere in some time so can't tell

The Wrangler doesn't really need any marketing. It IS the Jeep. Ask anyone from age 3 to 100 to pick a Jeep out of a lot full of cars and trucks, and they'll point out the Wrangler.

Anyone who wants this type of vehicle knows just where to look, the Jeep dealer. The only real competition is the Land Rover Defender or the old style Toyota Land Cruiser, (I think it's still made for foriegn markets).

It's too bad Ford never had a competitor. Oh crap!, they did, and it's one of the most sought after 4X4's. Too bad Ford doesn't come up with a modern vesion of that 1st gen Bronco. Oh crap! they did that too. Anyone know if they're gonna do anything with that concept, like putting a real truck frame & parts under that body?

Edited by Hemiman

Conventional Wisdom is it's a Spring '07 launch, with Job 1 in January '07.

1) I've heard that they've already ran some prototypes down the line at Chicago.

2) I think it was originally scheduled for fall, but was pulled ahead a few months due to grouching about the styling, also Ford increased per-vehicle interior budgets right as the Five Hundred was coming to market, and I think they wanted to get the Five Hundred with the new interior out sooner rather than later.

3) Why would they schedule a fall launch when they could pull it ahead to spring? Because they maximize profit per unit by delaying the launch of a revision.

...3) Why would they schedule a fall launch when they could pull it ahead to spring? Because they maximize profit per unit by delaying the launch of a revision.

Hmmm.... could we use this as a metric?

If the re-done 500 shows up in

Oct - Ford cares 100% about unit-profit

Sep - 90/10%

Aug - 80/20%

Jul - 70/30%

Jun - 60/40%

May - 50/50% Ford cares equally about potential customers' opinions

Apr & earlier...

;)

do not forget a fully rebodied Focus, and the Expedition.

and Pioneer is right - Ford might be pulling forward some of the launches .. or even adding new ones.

(e.g. importing some models from overseas).

Finally ... the Fall 07 seems a little late .. the prevoius numbers for FiveHundred / Montego launch was April 07.

Igor

Will a restyled Freestyle (or at least a Mercury version) with the 3.5 show up at the same time? I sure hope so, because if it looks halfway decent and if that 3.5 will perform lie I think, we may get one.

Will a restyled Freestyle (or at least a Mercury version) with the 3.5 show up at the same time? I sure hope so, because if it looks halfway decent and if that 3.5 will perform lie I think, we may get one.

The freestyle is the biggest unknown to me ... it makes no sense keeping it as a Ford and not Mercury, especially when we have yet to see a single mule of the updated freestyle ... and Ford has been mum about what will change on it ...

I honestly have no idea what will hapen with the Freestyle in the spring.

Igor

Amazingly I saw the first educational Freestyle commercial last night. They were boasting how one tank ful, will give you over 500Miles, and mentioned how well it does with fuel. I was shocked...an educational, and positive commercial from Ford...

This is a far cry from the Dreamer/Whack off Fantasy commercials they have been showing of late...

well, i guess this 0-72 thingy is working, all SEL Fusions and 500s, 8 in total where sold in last week and half from my local dealer... pretty impressive.. seems 500 is catching on, which is good, i wanted one, but just didnt feel right in one, 32 and so on, thought a fusion would fit me better lol... but, i could have gotten alot better deal on the 500 SEL it seems.. good to see them selling thou...

The freestyle is the biggest unknown to me ... it makes no sense keeping it as a Ford and not Mercury, especially when we have yet to see a single mule of the updated freestyle ... and Ford has been mum about what will change on it ...

I honestly have no idea what will hapen with the Freestyle in the spring.

Igor

I’m starting to get a little concerned. I would hate to add the updated 08 Freestyle to my long list of Ford’s failed promises like the 1st gen Expedition SVT (even though Colleti got one), the 4.6L Supercharged w/manual transmission Thunderbird & my beloved Sport Trac Adrenalin SVT. If Ford does get rid of the Freestyle (huge mistake IMO), I hope this new people mover (Ford’s or Lincoln’s) is real bad ass. Unfortunately, it will probably disappoint as well…

I’m starting to get a little concerned. I would hate to add the updated 08 Freestyle to my long list of Ford’s failed promises like the 1st gen Expedition SVT (even though Colleti got one), the 4.6L Supercharged w/manual transmission Thunderbird & my beloved Sport Trac Adrenalin SVT. If Ford does get rid of the Freestyle (huge mistake IMO), I hope this new people mover (Ford’s or Lincoln’s) is real bad ass. Unfortunately, it will probably disappoint as well…

Well Ford cannot have 1 vehicle to cover the large cross-over and the mini-van market while the competitors have 3 vehicles. Toyota will have the seinna, the new highlander which will be explorer size and a new large crossover like the lambdas, what is ford going to do? Cancel the freestyle and only have the fairline. I find it harder and harder to be optimistic for Ford.

Edited by DCK

Well Ford cannot have 1 vehicle to cover the large cross-over and the mini-van market while the competitors have 3 vehicles. Toyota will have the seinna, the new highlander which will be explorer size and a new large crossover like the lambdas, what is ford going to do? Cancel the freestyle and only have the fairline. I find it harder and harder to be optimistic for Ford.

Aren't you forgetting about the Edge?