Dean, I need to know about your Fiesta ST !!!

I know, a weird place to put this, but I wanted to make sure it was seen.

I would like to know everything about your Fiesta ST. How many miles do you have on it, how it has held up. Pluses and minuses. What you love and what you hate................... basically everything. :D

Yes, we are kind of obsessed with one, since we did the Ecoboost Challenge. We are thinking it could be a cheap and fun transportation device for my husband.

So, let me know what you got.................. and yes, I can take it. :D

Thanks, in advance.

Extreme, 3 of us here all bought ST Fiestas at the same time. We then signed up for the Octane Academy ( $100 ) at Miller Motorsports in Utah. There we had the chance to experience hands on Auto slalom, AND actual track time with "prepped" ( tires were Goodrich, brakes had different pads and fluids ) Fiesta AND Focus ST's. Have to say as much as I loved the Focus ST, the Fiesta was hands down more fun, the car is just more Tossable and even with HP being less, was every bit as quick. Sadly Miller is selling so I do not know what will become of the Octane Academy ( which also caters to Raptor buyers ) Anyways, the car is flat out a blast, yes, it rides firm, but thats a consequence of a vehicle that had no problems sticking with a Friends CTSV over a winding Ortega highway ( royally pissed him off ) I leased mine initially with the intent of ownership at the end, which we will be doing..wife LOVES the car. Mountune intake and Miltek exhaust has been added, so theres also add ons avail for us tweekers. Mileage, irrespective remains around 29.6.so no issues there either. Recaros fit me like a glove, but I can imagine people with an above 42 inch top end may find them tight...but the heated seats are nice. Stereo...well, Ill never be happy with a factory stereo, so I tolerate the Sony, its not that bad. One thing, in the rain, rear end gets noisy, seems Ford in its weight savings frenzy didn't put any sound insulation in the rear...quick fix and I live in So Cal. Bridgestones, I will be swapping to either Michelins or B F Goodrich, the Bridgestones are ludicrous to replace ( $200, tire ) and Im thinking the other brands may tame the road noise a tad. Anyways, my advice....sign up for some smiles...if the car isn't too small for you, I cant imagine a more fun, well rounded compact...and that's from an ex Cooper S owner. Enjoy. Cheers, Dean ( PS, 20,000 miles, only issue was noisy Pressure Plate they replaced under warranty and squeaky brakes...also fixed under warranty ) Oh, and wifey took a while learning how to park properly, so she has gouged the wheels..TWICE!t

Edited by Deanh
  • Like 1

Thanks Dean................ I knew you would give us the skinny.

I'm getting frustrated on the trying to find a new house thing, so we may just say to hell with it. Stay here, expand and fix up. That would also free up money for toys. :)

For my husband, the majority of the driving would be highway. We hit the highway mileage (22mpg) on our Explorer Sport, and that is with a lot of mountains to climb, to get home. So, we should have no problem doing good on the ST. There is a CPO one with only 5000 miles on it, for $21K. It is pretty loaded, and we are going to check it out on Wed.

Anyway, I will keep you posted. Thanks again.

• Like 1

always funny watching peoples reaction when they take off in their German "hotrod" only to have an indiscreet Fiesta hanging right beside them. Best is when you get to the next light and just drive normally....German rubber usually everywhere.....EXPENSIVE german rubber...lol.

Edited by Deanh
  • Like 1

meh, just had em painted...along with the fog light surrounds....Molten Orange...matches the Recaro inserts.

Looks good.

Mirror painting is a good bang for the buck modification. You can get some Focus and Fiesta sport packages with factory back gloss mirrors and spoilers.

Looks good.

Mirror painting is a good bang for the buck modification. You can get some Focus and Fiesta sport packages with factory back gloss mirrors and spoilers.

Some of those look better on certain colors than others. When I see a blue candy or ruby red focus on the line with black mirror caps and a black spoiler I really question the judgement of whoever buys that. Not good combinations. Now the black on Performance/spirit blue on the other hand gets 2 thumbs up from me.
  • Like 1

Some of those look better on certain colors than others. When I see a blue candy or ruby red focus on the line with black mirror caps and a black spoiler I really question the judgement of whoever buys that. Not good combinations. Now the black on Performance/spirit blue on the other hand gets 2 thumbs up from me.

Agreed on blue candy but ruby red looks gangster!

post-27638-0-61718200-1433301076_thumb.jpg

Edited by blazerdude20

I like it Dean...with the front view of the paint it ties it together.

I saw a Red (not Ruby Red) Focus hatch with a black spoiler and thought it looked great. Not sold on the black mirrors against Ruby Red though (I may be biased owning a Ruby Red Focus hatch though).