New Ford Everest bursts into flames during road test...

I don't think it's unusual for an average person to continue driving a car while its malfunctioning.

An average person, yes

but a journalist reviewing a car is someone critiquing the cars presentation and performance.

How can that assessment be done on an atypical example presenting so many electrical faults?

So now it is the journalists fault? And now you are assuming he was going to write a hatchet review-you are sounding like this is a conspiracy. The vehicle caught fire and was completely destroyed. There is no such thing as a one off instance in the mass production of the automobile. If it happened once it will happen again.

For Chrissakes. "There is NO SUCH THING as a one off instance.." "It happened once it WILL happen again". I'm sorry, was your alleged experience in fire investigations supposed to make us take absolutist statements MORE seriously?

For Chrissakes. "There is NO SUCH THING as a one off instance.." "It happened once it WILL happen again". I'm sorry, was your alleged experience in fire investigations supposed to make us take absolutist statements MORE seriously?

This from Ford Australia Facebook site:

Dan Ballantyne Read the report just released on why that particular Everest caught fire.
It was an isolated incident for that vehicle only and no other Everest or Ranger will 'burn'.
Incorrect battery fitment and the test driver ignored warning signs.
Haters gonna hate, this is one awesome 4wd.
This was a one off, we don't exactly know the details regarding the battery fitment issue
I can only assume that one of the leads weren't tightened properly causing faults
and high resistance leading to under hood fire.
I'd say the whole thing was completely avoidable had the journalist returned the Everest
to the dealership for a quick check over..
Edited by jpd80
  • Like 1