Saw an Edge this a.m.

rickm70

that I can't run a shitbag like you over in one legally.

Anytime you want it big mouth. You just let me know ok. Talk is fuckin cheap.

Don't be pissed because I'm right and don't full yourself into thinking that some silly ass threat impresses me. You feel the need to run me over, bitch bring it on. But if all you got is big macho man internet threats, then buddy it's you that needs to shut the fuck up ok. Take your ass back to your suburban sewage dump and leave the real men alone.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anytime you want it big mouth. You just let me know ok. Talk is fuckin cheap.

Don't be pissed because I'm right and don't full yourself into thinking that some silly ass threat impresses me. You feel the need to run me over, bitch bring it on. But if all you got is big macho man internet threats, then buddy it's you that needs to shut the fuck up ok. Take your ass back to your suburban sewage dump and leave the real men alone.

:blah: Still here? Must be an inferiority complex.

Threaten? When? Face it pal. You're not worth my effort. I'd knock your dick in the dirt and be fuckin' your wife, then what? Inherit some trailer in the middle of nowhere?

No thanks, loser.

Sparky, don't threaten people you don't know man. It's just stupid. I'm being sincerely straight up with you now man. I know you think it's cool or whatever because hell it's just the internet and we'll never meet and all that. Probably won't. But you don't know anything about me and I don't know anything about you. Apparently the difference between us is that I'm smart enough to realize this and you're a mouthy little punk ass. You don't scare me ok. I'm not the least bit impressed with your silly threats. I've heard it all ok. I'm not going to waste your time with the chest thumping back and forth shit talk. It's juvenille. People usually talk that shit because they think they can scare other people into backing down. On the net it's because you and I know we will never meet so you can get away with it. Incidently it also happens to be against the law to threaten people.

Just don't tell Sparky your address.LOL

:lol: Not a problem

Sixcav,

The fact is, I wasn't the one "fuckin' station wagon this, fuckin' that, :blah:"

My posts were civil and succinct, up to the point you started insulting me.

Your declaration that "In my neck of the woods $600 is a house payment for a lot of people, the average house here selling for about $800 a month" (for a 1 acre lot) is, if indeed true, not the norm for the rest of the US or Canada.

What is the norm for the rest of us is my reply of "Seriously, if you're in a neighbourhood that has full acre lots with an $800/month mortgage, either that's a pretty long mortgage, a pretty shabby house, or it's in the middle of nowhere."

An $800 a month mortgage at 5% over 30 years (which is too a long mortgage in my eyes) is a $150G house. A standard 20 year mortgage, now you're down to a $120G house. Do the math. And that's if you're lucky enough for a sustained 5% interest rate.

By most yardsticks this does not give you much. In most parts of the country.

Nevertheless, I wasn't the idiot who started off by running down where you live, like you did. You have no idea where I live from a quality of life standpoint. I don't have " big gang problems, trash everywhere, ghettos and the like". This is my neighbour's house. About 400sq.ft bigger than mine, same builder. New schools, golf course just up the street. He's an average upper middle class guy -- drives for a catering company.

Personally, I think he's asking about $15G too much. But he, like I, look at the house as an investment, when we move down at retirement, it'll return more on investment than many RIFs will.

You have to live where you work, or close enough to it. Within a baseball throw there's 2 more Ford workers, a Toyota worker, a Chrysler foreman, etc.

Point is, I didn't start the mudslinging. YOU did. I didn't even threaten you when you started whinging.

If you don't want an Edge, don't get one. But before you rag on it, look at it against its competition. Not much good to Ford if they totally give away vehicles. It'll be priced right, or it'll be unsuccessful/

Bottom line is that it seems like that you're not even in the market for "a fuckin' Ford station wagon", so why are you even commenting about it?

Edited by OAC_Sparky

Sparky,

He is right about the price of houses in the of the mid west. I worked in Oklahoma city for GM about 10 years ago and you could buy a little house in the nearby town for 30k and buy a serviced 1 acre lot for 10k.

But he is wrong about the pricing on the Edge. It will be competitive.

However I don't see the product as a 200k seller. The segment is just to competetive.

You need another product to flex the line.

Don't mess up the launch. That is the key to survival.

He is right about the price of houses in the of the mid west. I worked in Oklahoma city for GM about 10 years ago and you could buy a little house in the nearby town for 30k and buy a serviced 1 acre lot for 10k.

Well, then I stand corrected.

See, I can admit I'm wrong when people don't act like an ass about it. ;)

Look, Sparky, when I say Fuckin Station Wagon, its not an insult directed at you or anyone else. I don't see how calling it a Fucking Station Wagon is an insult to you personally. It is directed at an inanimate object, not a person. Additionally I said it before you posted anything on this thread so again I'm not sure how you took that as an insult directed at you. It wasn't.

This is the first thing you posted here, or at least in the first post you put on here.

Seriously, if you're in a neighbourhood that has full acre lots with an $800/month mortgage, either that's a pretty long mortgage, a pretty shabby house, or it's in the middle of nowhere.

So you just came right out and implied that people where I live are living in shabby houses in the middle of nowhere and I guess that's not an insult right?

Look we can back and forth all day about who said what and when. Bottom line, I never threatened to run you over with a car. That was you buddy. Now I know sometimes tempers flare and people say things they don't mean. So it's nothing to me. For the record yes I was talking about 30 year mortgages. If that's not your bag, ok, no big deal. I've said where I come out on the Edge issue. Not going to change my mind either. I doesn't matter that I'm not in the market for one. I'm not in the market to President of the United States either but most of us comment about that all the time don't we. Let us just agree to disagree about this one and drive on.

Look, Sparky, when I say Fuckin Station Wagon, its not an insult directed at you or anyone else. I don't see how calling it a Fucking Station Wagon is an insult to you personally. It is directed at an inanimate object, not a person. Additionally I said it before you posted anything on this thread so again I'm not sure how you took that as an insult directed at you. It wasn't.

This is the first thing you posted here, or at least in the first post you put on here.

So you just came right out and implied that people where I live are living in shabby houses in the middle of nowhere and I guess that's not an insult right?

Look we can back and forth all day about who said what and when. Bottom line, I never threatened to run you over with a car. That was you buddy. Now I know sometimes tempers flare and people say things they don't mean. So it's nothing to me. For the record yes I was talking about 30 year mortgages. If that's not your bag, ok, no big deal. I've said where I come out on the Edge issue. Not going to change my mind either. I doesn't matter that I'm not in the market for one. I'm not in the market to President of the United States either but most of us comment about that all the time don't we. Let us just agree to disagree about this one and drive on.

F'ing this f'ing that, stop writing that crap.(of course it is an insult) You wouldn't say it to our face--why on the net? It is not necessary and it doesn't make you look good.

Edited by Bluecon

You're just a fuckin' idiot.

You have a skewed perception of what market prices are for this type of vehicle. It's not a SEDAN. It's apparent living in your inbred community that you don't have a clue. The good news is, that since the cost of living is so cheap where you live you just might be able to afford to buy one.

Every other vehicle in its class is around the same price. Hell, official pricing isn't out yet and you're already :blah: .

The two strikes that Ford has against the Edge is 1) ignoramus cocksuckers like you running it down before it's released and 2) that I can't run a shitbag like you over in one legally.

If anything, that's the fuckin truth that hurts.

So buy your A4 SEDAN , cram your 5 people in, and shut the fuck up unless you have something intelligent to say.

Take that to your $90G 1 acre house and smoke it.

Good post, Sparky. He is a fucking idiot.

If they change the law in Canada, and you get to run this clown over, can I come up there and drag his carcass behind my Montego? Preferably over a gravel road (I usually avoid gravel roads, but in this shitheads case I'll make an exception).

The Edge should sell well, and I'll be very surprised if the models sold don't have stickers very close to $30K if not over. A lot of this crap that no one would pay that much money for a wagon got said ten years ago about SUV's like the Explorers,a nd look how they sold when the price of gas was lower. Give people functionality and style, and they'll pay up.

Edited by Len_A

I saw a light blue Edge pulled over by a Chicago Cop on the Skyway this afternoon... Looked really nice and I noticed it right away... Looked like the Cop was admiring it too...

the tester must have been pissed ;) .... get a ticket for your work ... I always did when I worked for my father's construction bussienss, and we would get parking ticket cause there was nowhere to park, and we were sure as hell not about to haul furniture a block and a half ;)

Igor

After seeing production pics of the Edge interior I'm very afraid for Ford, the interior is absolute garbage, I see the same cheap ass hard plastic silvery shit on the center stack that was on a stripper rental Explorer I drove back in 03. And of course the Ford wide radio and Hvac controls are literally the worst in the industry, they look like they are straight out of a 1990 Econoline van or something like that. and it's little things like that that will send people to the competition. The horrid IP Ford is using that first came about in the Escape with the hard to read 20mpg increments and cheap looking white face with the econo-car 120 mph limit looks horrible.

Ford still doesn't get it, cost cutting, poor design, cheap ass materials, and using the same ghetto parts in everything they make will be their downfall.

:rip:

Must say though blueblood, shure luv yer fine chebby car

Can anyone tell me if the Blazing Copper color is available on any other ford/mazda models currently. I would like to decide on a color for an edge to order one, but the copper is a color that I really want to see in person. Thanks for your help