Focus RS Production Began 14JAN16

Series production of the Ford Focus RS is at the Ford plant in Saarlouis started Thursday (January 14, 2016).

The plant produces the model not only for the European market but also for the USA, Canada, South Africa, Australia, New Zealand and China.

The demand for the new Ford Focus RS is very high even before the market launch: Europe are already more than 3,100 pre-orders before. In the Internet Allrader, which can be ordered since September 2015, has already been configured more than 250,000 times. The market launch in Germany is expected in March 2016th

post-25487-0-30014600-1452872658_thumb.jpg

We really need to get this car away from Ford Europe's clutches and to a manufacturing center

that can produce the quantities that people are demanding globally.

Keeping this car as a desirable exclusive in Europe is now becoming at odds with Ford's intentions

to roll the car out globally, the allocations and waiting lists are a joke.

Edited by jpd80

We really need to get this car away from Ford Europe's clutches and to a manufacturing center

that can produce the quantities that people are demanding globally.

Keeping this car as a desirable exclusive in Europe is now becoming at odds with Ford's intentions

to roll the car out globally, the allocations and waiting lists are a joke.

Uh, you do realize that the intention is to keep production limited right? It's the same thing they've been doing with he Shelby Mustangs for years.

Uh, you do realize that the intention is to keep production limited right? It's the same thing they've been doing with he Shelby Mustangs for years.

Yes, I get that but why not build to demand / customer orders instead of limiting to a smaller number?

There's obviously a lot of buyers around the globe who want one but are going to miss out.

It's a niche product, it's not intended for everyone who wants one to get one.

Then why is Ford even bothering to tout it?

Those that have connections will get one, the rest will have to settle for Focus ST.

The last allocation of RS we got in Australia was 50, why would you even bother, just go buy a WRX STI

Edited by jpd80

OK, I'm prepared to pull back a bit here because the Focus RS tends to arrive towards the end of the product cycle

and this is Ford's first offering of the higher powered 2.3 EB in a performance AWD package, so perhaps limiting

production and getting that package right for premium customers is the point.

I'm hoping that in the future the Focus ST will gain AWD and improve availability, other markets currently

get Focus Sport with 1.5 EB & either 6AT or 6MT so there's plenty there to work with in the future.

On the next product cycle, I'm wondering if the Foucs RS could become like a semi permanent offering

that is released in limited volumes but start it earlier and spread it more evenly over the whole product cycle

Edited by jpd80
  • Like 1

Just going by American tastes here...don't think there is going to be a huge demand for a 38-40K hatchback. They'll sell about 1000-1500 of them I think, but I'd be surprised if they sell more then that, going by how limited production Mustangs have sold.

I'm seeing on the Focus forums that some dealer are marking up by around $5K, that will shorten the line...

I'm seeing on the Focus forums that some dealer are marking up by around $5K, that will shorten the line...

They did that when the SVT and ST came out...all they are doing is fucking themselves. It's not like the RS has a huge following on this side of the pond. If it was here a couple generations I could understand

• Like 1

to all the addendum naysayers....theres just over $2000 markup in the LOADED Rs from invoice to MSRP...WE are getting but three, and niche cars are our ONE refuge to make up for all the "favor" transactions we make moving Fiestas, Transit Connect, regular Focus, Fusions, Taurus's etc......I don't condone the practice, but seeing the miserable profitability I see in a MAJORITY of transactions, I fully understand the practice when it comes to HALO cars.....we only had 2 GT350s....guess what, they had addendums as well. Anyone that takes umbrage to addendums obviously doesn't know the business.....SIDEBAR...Ford just increased the price of the 6.7, but DIDNT increase its MSRP....wiggle room on all vehicles is, and has been declining for decades.

once the gloss is off obviously....however, buy that time there will be a Focus RSSTT.....lol....I personally LOVE these HALO cars....I affectionately call them "Dealers Revenge".....you should have seen reactions to the GT350 on the showroom....and like I said....we are getting but three, one is already spoken for at......5k over...some dealers are at $7500.