GMC to continue old Acadia alongside new as "Acadia Limited"

PREMiERdrum

infested is a strong word, where did you hear about this?

Bed bugs are a serious issue in all major cities. They also get into cars, buses and subways. Those areas typically are ignored by exterminators.

You also won't hear about it from the transit authorities, politicians or mainstream media for reasons of outcry.

But you will be able to read first hand accounts from people that ride transit and see the critters crawling on the seats.

You can Google "(your city name) transit bedbugs" You'll get tons of hits.

Edited by J-150

Bed bugs are a serious issue in all major cities. They also get into cars, buses and subways. Those areas typically are ignored by exterminators.

You also won't hear about it from the transit authorities, politicians or mainstream media for reasons of outcry.

But you will be able to read first hand accounts from people that ride transit and see the critters crawling on the seats.

I found a story from 4 years ago about bedbugs found in WMATA's (DC) headquarters. Absolutely nothing about them in the trains though.

Buses, though, I don't know. But then, I never rode the Metrobus.

• 2 weeks later...

it sound like a Trumpism. just because you heard someone say something that doesn't make it true.

I found a story from 4 years ago about bedbugs found in WMATA's (DC) headquarters. Absolutely nothing about them in the trains though.

Buses, though, I don't know. But then, I never rode the Metrobus.

I think googling Hotels with bedbugs is a better bet, since hotels usually have....... beds.

And I suppose news outlets don't count? Seriously, a simple google search will yield a bunch of storied from various media outlets all over the country.

about bedbugs on transit vehicles? I'm sure but to say they are infested is being dramatic, bedbugs can be everywhere.including airplanes it is no more less resonable that people should stop flying or stop sleeping at hotels than it is to suggest people Stop riding buses because of bedbugs.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/melaniehaiken/2011/11/21/bed-bugs-on-airplanes-how-to-fly-bed-bug-free/#66bb78b97dd5

about bedbugs on transit vehicles? I'm sure but to say they are infested is being dramatic, bedbugs can be everywhere.including airplanes it is no more less resonable that people should stop flying or stop sleeping at hotels than it is to suggest people Stop riding buses because of bedbugs.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/melaniehaiken/2011/11/21/bed-bugs-on-airplanes-how-to-fly-bed-bug-free/#66bb78b97dd5

No, of course not. That's a risk you take with all of those things. I don't believe I ever suggested people stop using public transit because of bed bugs. I'm not naive enough to think that's even possible, especially for people who live in inner cities who have no other options.

You may not agree Biker, but bedbugs are becoming a major issue in North America. Public health units and exterminators alike will tell you they are increasing at an alarming rate and are only getting worse.

Biker works for a transit authority so he's a bit sensitive on the subject of bedbugs in buses.

• Like 1