2019 Explorer Spied! D6!!

Oh but you have. Ever since you joined this forum you've cried and bitched that Lincoln isn't still the Lincoln of 2002-06.

I don't see the need for hostility sir..... I've never called for them bring out a 2006 Lincoln LS and put it into full production in 2016..... you honestly think the 2016/17 MY lineup is great and a true competitor on every level with the world? I think the LS was excellent for its time and place, I thought the same for the Town Car.... the last Continental was trash, the Blackwood, Aviator, Navigator, it was all trash in one way or another. Ford never seems to provide their brands with enough capital to have a whole portfolio that is cohesive and the best...... If Lincoln comes out with a Lincoln LS in 2020 or whenever it happens, RWD-biased AWD highly advanced platform highly advanced suspension and a premium ultra interior with a striking RWD proportioned exterior, and let me not forget the powertrain, a 10-spd auto with a 4.0TT V8 for the high trim level..... it would absolutely sell better than the MKZ, and they should make it so it shares a vast amount of the high cost parts with the Mustang and other Lincoln's.

I bought a new 2000 V8 LS Sport and drove it for 6 years. I still belong to the original LS Owners Club. You have no idea what you're talking about.

That's funny we owned both a 2002 Lincoln LS 3.0 V6 and I own personally a 2006 Lincoln LS 3.9 V8 premium..... I know the car well, I could take it apart and put it back together in my driveway.... I know all it's little quibbles and I know what makes it happy.....

OMG! Do you mean to tell me that different people can have different opinions of a vehicle they both own?

no never said that either..... I respect everyone's opinion and expect the same in return, even though that's not the case 99% of the time on this forum.... Which is why a handful of members leave, including myself who just returned this past week from months ago, because of all the negativity stemming from a select few, core group of members. And honestly I respect that, it's nice to support your brand no matter what forever and they can do no wrong, it's like Democrats supporting Hillary Clinton for President. I'm a different person from that, I look at all aspects of the industry, all the manufacturers.... I have no brand allegiance to Ford or GM, I'm just pro American and nothing from Dodge/Chrysler unless it's a Hellcat..... I use to love the 300, before taking away AWD with the HEMI and the lack of a premium interior and small rear seat.

And Lexus, which was Alan's goal for Lincoln.

True it was his goal, and while I would buy a Lincoln before Lexus in Lincoln's worst day, Lexus is simply better, they have a better portfolio..... Alan also wanted to cancel Lincoln, which would've been a huge mistake. Obviously he didn't know how to create a "Lexus"..... I can't say the same about Cadillac with Johan de Nysschen.....

True it was his goal, and while I would buy a Lincoln before Lexus in Lincoln's worst day, Lexus is simply better, they have a better portfolio..... Alan also wanted to cancel Lincoln, which would've been a huge mistake. Obviously he didn't know how to create a "Lexus"..... I can't say the same about Cadillac with Johan de Nysschen.....

Lexus has also been at it since the 1990s. I'd hope they'd have a better portfolio.

You see Cadillac had been doing what Lincoln is doing, and then they learned that Chevy copies aren't going to cut it if you want to sell premium luxury vehicles at $70k.

None of Lincoln's lineup is a "Ford copy," and they continue to diverge from each other with each successive redesign, and even refresh.

• Like 1

Saw a new MKZ on the road for the first time yesterday, and was like, "is that a Jag? It doesn't quite look like a Jag."

Today I saw a Conti on the road for the first time and my first thought was, "That's a Lincoln."

That design language is going to catch on fast.

Wow see how different people have different opinions? It's amazing! When I see any new Lincoln, I get chest pains!

Saw a new MKZ on the road for the first time yesterday, and was like, "is that a Jag? It doesn't quite look like a Jag."

Today I saw a Conti on the road for the first time and my first thought was, "That's a Lincoln."

That design language is going to catch on fast.

I've seen several new MKZs on the road, and yes while I think they look good, I'll agree with your Jaguar assessment.

I also saw my first Continental on the road (ironically a few minutes after driving through the Lincoln dealer) a few days ago. I also 100% agree with your comments. The car really looked fantastic and stood out from the other cars around it.

The MKZ is a complete mismatch of designs but Continental does it a bit better. However, all the Continentals I've seen have been the ones that look like a 90's Buick LeSabre with ridiculously tiny rims and burgundy or gold paint, they can get REALLY ugly for the elderly folk. The Gold is obscenely gross.

Edited by BORG

However, all the Continentals I've seen have been the ones that look like a 90's Buick LeSabre with ridiculously tiny rims and burgundy or gold paint, they can get REALLY ugly for the elderly folk. The Gold is obscenely gross.

I think you need to get your eyes checked...

But you just said that you respect everyone. Or at least everyone's conduct here.

Look man, I don't understand your point at all. I was brought up to respect everyone and be kind equally until they lose it, and then that's their problem. So, I'm not coming on here and gonna tell everyone to F themselves or this and that. I respect everyone's opinions, as everyone should respect mind. I'm fine with an open debate, it's a forum, but most replies to me seem to carry immense sarcasm and snark, as if I'm a fool.

The MKZ is a complete mismatch of designs but Continental does it a bit better. However, all the Continentals I've seen have been the ones that look like a 90's Buick LeSabre with ridiculously tiny rims and burgundy or gold paint, they can get REALLY ugly for the elderly folk. The Gold is obscenely gross.

I think they should be ashamed of themselves just for the MKZ.... It's disastrous design could stop someone's heart!

Look man, I don't understand your point at all. I was brought up to respect everyone and be kind equally until they lose it, and then that's their problem. So, I'm not coming on here and gonna tell everyone to F themselves or this and that. I respect everyone's opinions, as everyone should respect mind. I'm fine with an open debate, it's a forum, but most replies to me seem to carry immense sarcasm and snark, as if I'm a fool.

Like respect, sarcasm is earned.

In any event, I want to make clear, I do NOT think they should drop everything and go completely RWD-biased platforms and V8's, that's not the point at all. My point is I can't believe that this generation Mustang was not taken advantage of, and the whole big thing of Lincoln's revival wasn't presented by a new RWD-bias sedan gorgeously styled with a small TTV8 to go with the ecoboost theme, or simply have a 2.0T, 3.5, and 5.0..... would've sold...... IMOOOOOOOO