2017 Raptors - has anyone received theirs yet?

Wolfeman

My dealership received its first 2017 Raptor, which was ordered for stock, on Friday afternoon at 2:00pm. It was sold and delivered by 6:00pm Friday! Raptor was a Shadow Black SuperCrew with every available option.

A dealer close to me has 2 in stock.Searching a 50 mile radius shows 13 in stock. There are a LOT of Ford dealers here.

Sold orders always take priority over dealer stock within a dealership's allocation which is based on priority.

That's not the case before the original 'OK to Buy' is given. Up until that point, dealer stock is what is built in order to prevent 'sold' orders from getting hung up in QC check or fixes. Some guys found this out the hard way ordering 2017 Super Duties.

That's not the case before the original 'OK to Buy' is given. Up until that point, dealer stock is what is built in order to prevent 'sold' orders from getting hung up in QC check or fixes. Some guys found this out the hard way ordering 2017 Super Duties.

That's true, I was speaking of normal builds after ok to buy. You don't want your sold vehicle to be built before ok to buy but some people get wrapped around the axle when stock units show up before theirs.

• Like 1

That wouldn't really apply to Raptors anyway since they're not built until after ok to buy on the regular F150.

The issue you're having is dealer stock for dealer A is being built before a retail (sold) order for dealer B. From a consumer standpoint that doesn't make sense. However, Ford doesn't sell to consumers they sell to dealers and from a dealer standpoint these vehicles represent a lot of profit regardless of whether they are pre-sold or not. If you were a dealer with allocation but you can't get one because other dealers took more pre-orders you wouldn't be very happy about it.

I understand that too. I'm trying to be patient, but some days are better than others;)

That's completely understandable. Patience is difficult when you're waiting on a custom built limited supply vehicle.

Are folks having similar issues with GT350 mustangs?

I don't really know about the GT350s for sure. My guy at my dealer offered me a 2018 GT350, and I was really only interested in it if they were difficult to get and I could flip it. I haven't done enough research on it to know though. I would love to keep it, but that isn't in the cards right now with a new driver coming on board in a few months. I don't think that would be an appropriate vehicle for a new driver, lol.

I would love to drive and hear the 5.2 though. It's an awesome car.

Picked it up on Thursday and then left for the weekend on a hunting trip. Just got back this afternoon after being separated from the new truck and my son (9 years old) asked me if I'd tried out Sport mode. I told him I forgot all about and proceeded to put it in Sport mode. Let me just say that it is scary how much this truck changes from a gentle giant to an absolute beast just by changing the driving mode. I can't even imagine how much power this thing will put down when someone comes out with a tune for it. I've heard Ford Performance will be coming out with one soon that doesn't void the warranty. I better start saving my pennies.

By the way, this is the nicest, most beautiful truck I have ever driven/owned. Ford hit it out of the park with this truck!

Congrats Wolfeman, looks great. You will have to provide your impressions of the truck at some point. Maybe someday I'll finally get mine.