Jump to content

The Ford Order Tracking System Is No Longer Available.  THANKS Cyberdman For Making Available All Of These Past Years.  More Here.

ice-capades

Ford Vehicle Ordering & Scheduling Process

Recommended Posts

On 8/6/2017 at 8:16 AM, ice-capades said:

· Dealer places order into the USOB (Unscheduled Order Bank)

 

 

· When Dealer has vehicle allocation for scheduling, orders are scheduled based on Order Type, Priority Code and commodity restrictions.

 

 

I ordered an Escape Titanium PHEV in Dec. 2021. Yesterday my dealer contacted me and said the order is at priority 02 and should be accepted soon for scheduling. However, I read the first 6 pages of this thread (it's long!) and I don't see anything about how an order would get set to priority 02.  It says dealers enter retail orders at priorities 10-19, and that priority code along with allocation, availability, etc. determine when it gets accepted for scheduling.

 

So what happened to my order, to cause it to be moved to priority 02? I don't understand what my dealer's telling me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, MrCurvedLimos said:

 

I ordered an Escape Titanium PHEV in Dec. 2021. Yesterday my dealer contacted me and said the order is at priority 02 and should be accepted soon for scheduling. However, I read the first 6 pages of this thread (it's long!) and I don't see anything about how an order would get set to priority 02.  It says dealers enter retail orders at priorities 10-19, and that priority code along with allocation, availability, etc. determine when it gets accepted for scheduling.

 

So what happened to my order, to cause it to be moved to priority 02? I don't understand what my dealer's telling me.

 

Only Ford and the regional offices can assign priority codes 01 or 02 which are the best available. Orders with 01 or 02 priority codes receive the highest level of attention and consideration to help expedite scheduling. Commodity, plant and other restraints are still a factor but Ford makes every effort to make exceptions in order to get these orders scheduled.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So there was some kind of priority changing event, don't necessarily know what, but it's a good thing, and it's not actually something the dealer did... That helps lend clarity to the situation. Thanks so much for the reply!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Does any one know what “in order processing” stage means?

 

ive got a vin assigned and a estimated build date from my dealer of late June - I’ve reached out to Ford directly to get some more info (I’m in Canada) and that’s the stage they’ve come back with!

 

they will be following up with more info but thought I’d ask here if this is a common stage that has a timeline?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, S22abc said:

Does any one know what “in order processing” stage means?

 

ive got a vin assigned and a estimated build date from my dealer of late June - I’ve reached out to Ford directly to get some more info (I’m in Canada) and that’s the stage they’ve come back with!

 

they will be following up with more info but thought I’d ask here if this is a common stage that has a timeline?

 

"In Order Processing" is the "Primary" status for every unscheduled and/or scheduled order up until the vehicle goes into production. The "In Order Processing" status really doesn't mean anything as it's the "Secondary" status in the Vehicle Visibility reporting system that shows the actual production or shipping status. Your Dealer has 24/7 access to the Vehicle Visibility system and can confirm the scheduled production date and current order status. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, ice-capades said:

 

"In Order Processing" is the "Primary" status for every unscheduled and/or scheduled order up until the vehicle goes into production. The "In Order Processing" status really doesn't mean anything as it's the "Secondary" status in the Vehicle Visibility reporting system that shows the actual production or shipping status. Your Dealer has 24/7 access to the Vehicle Visibility system and can confirm the scheduled production date and current order status. 

Thanks Ice! That’s super helpful!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's Tuesday night. Just received an update from Ford, that I am now bumped to July 18th production week. Had really hoped that silence meant a good thing, as I was scheduled for next week. At this rate, I expect I might get it by the 4th quarter if I'm lucky. So much for things improving. I don't think I want a 2023 model. I'm not impressed with the nose job recently revealed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, MyGreatEscape said:

It's Tuesday night. Just received an update from Ford, that I am now bumped to July 18th production week. Had really hoped that silence meant a good thing, as I was scheduled for next week. At this rate, I expect I might get it by the 4th quarter if I'm lucky. So much for things improving. I don't think I want a 2023 model. I'm not impressed with the nose job recently revealed.

 

My understanding is they have not scheduled anything for the first two weeks of July.  Therefore, it seems you got bumped to the next available week.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Wundretti said:

 

My understanding is they have not scheduled anything for the first two weeks of July.  Therefore, it seems you got bumped to the next available week.

 

The plant is down the first two weeks of July.  Annual July 4 / summer shutdown.

 

See here: https://blueovalforums.com/forums/index.php?/topic/72412-plant-scheduled-down-weeks/&do=findComment&comment=1185606

 

It's Tuesday night. Just received an update from Ford, that I am now bumped to July 18th production week. Had really hoped that silence meant a good thing, as I was scheduled for next week. At this rate, I expect I might get it by the 4th quarter if I'm lucky. So much for things improving. I don't think I want a 2023 model. I'm not impressed with the nose job recently revealed.

 

Same here.  Was scheduled for next week, now pushed back to July 18.  7 delays totaling 9 weeks, and counting.  Beginning to wonder if I'm ever going to receive it. :)

Edited by j2sys

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is the 10th rescheduling for me. I was already aware of the plants being closed on the July 4th and 11th weeks. And I get the parts and chips constraints. By the time I get the 2022 year model, it will be a prior year model in just a few months after receiving it. That's if I get lucky.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, MyGreatEscape said:

By the time I get the 2022 year model, it will be a prior year model


My biggest concern is just getting my truck... I don't care what year it is when I get it, I don't intend on selling it but if it's a huge concern of yours, you could just cancel this order and by an MY23 - not that this option wouldn't suck, just saying you have options 😉

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What concerns me is that there have been comments under other posts that state that chips are being diverted from Escape production to build other vehicles. So, no idea if this is a chip shortage for all vehicles, or are we being passed over for more profitable vehicles.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You shouldn't believe everything you read on the internet. Unless you can quote a senior Ford employee stating that as fact, it's pure speculation on the part of eager customers waiting for their vehicles. I mean I wouldn't blame Ford for doing that - would certainly not be a great situation for those who ordered Escapes but would be great for those who ordered F150s 😁

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I did not read those comments simply on the internet, but rather it was a post here at Blue Oval forums, within the last week or two. I know there may be some Ford employees that still post here, and that comment sounded as if it were from a Ford employee.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

All good, reader beware is all I'm saying... the whole "grain of salt" thing...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Very true. I rarely believe anything I read without verifying. Hopefully July will be the ringer.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It stands to reason if there aren’t enough widgets to go around that there has to be some kind of prioritization.  But not all modules are interchangeable.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm curious how the scheduling works, if a car with high priority (like 01 or 02) is waiting on multiple parts? Suppose you placed a retail order for a car with 2 features, say adaptive cruise control and a trailer hitch, and both are back ordered.  Now a shipment of trailer hitches comes in... Ford can build some cars that are waiting on trailer hitches, but they can't build yours because they don't have any ACC modules.

 

Then maybe a month later, some ACC modules come in. Now Ford can build some cars that are waiting on adaptive cruise control, but they can't build yours, because all the trailer hitches were used up by building a few weeks of cars with trailer hitches.

 

How does that work? Does Ford ever hold aside parts so that cars needing a variety of scarce parts can be built when the last part finally shows up? Or do they just keep reaching deeper into the backlog of orders and using every available part as soon as possible, while some cars fall through the cracks and never get built?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/22/2022 at 10:17 PM, MrCurvedLimos said:

I'm curious how the scheduling works, if a car with high priority (like 01 or 02) is waiting on multiple parts? Suppose you placed a retail order for a car with 2 features, say adaptive cruise control and a trailer hitch, and both are back ordered.  Now a shipment of trailer hitches comes in... Ford can build some cars that are waiting on trailer hitches, but they can't build yours because they don't have any ACC modules.

 

Then maybe a month later, some ACC modules come in. Now Ford can build some cars that are waiting on adaptive cruise control, but they can't build yours, because all the trailer hitches were used up by building a few weeks of cars with trailer hitches.

 

How does that work? Does Ford ever hold aside parts so that cars needing a variety of scarce parts can be built when the last part finally shows up? Or do they just keep reaching deeper into the backlog of orders and using every available part as soon as possible, while some cars fall through the cracks and never get built?

My initial order was placed on 1/24/22

Modified to add the 50T package on 1/26/22

XLT, 4X4, HD towing package, and the 50T package

Priority code of 19

Arrived at the dealer (Ford tracker that day still showed it in shipped status) last Monday

I picked up last Wednesday, have only put 70 miles on it since (circumstances out of my control)

Only item missing, hands free tailgate, (even has rear AC/heater controls) and quite frankly, I would have turned it off anyway.

Again, the order was always priority code 19, as far as I can tell, the priority numbers mean nothing. What does is having the parts and paint toners needed in house to finish off a specific vehicle and build, and this is how mine got scheduled when it did, not based on a priority code in the system. People get too wrapped up in what the read on these forums that they wind themselves up over nothing.

 

Bill

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
25 minutes ago, mrbill973 said:

Again, the order was always priority code 19, as far as I can tell, the priority numbers mean nothing. What does is having the parts and paint toners needed in house to finish off a specific vehicle and build, and this is how mine got scheduled when it did, not based on a priority code in the system. People get too wrapped up in what the read on these forums that they wind themselves up over nothing.

 

Bill

 

Not really sure if anything means anything when it comes to Ford, or maybe that's just the hybrids coming out of Louisville (and Hermosillo).

 

My Escape was bumped to PC02 from a dealer-set PC12 and scheduled that week for about a month out, mid-May.  Starting the very same day it was initially scheduled, it's been delayed 8 times so far, totaling 10 weeks, now expected to be built the week of July 25, at least until next week when it's pushed to August.

 

But I digress.  🙃

Edited by j2sys

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As expected, I got another weekly bump from Ford. At this point, I am considering looking nationwide for an existing vehicle that means most of the specs of my retail order. There's no assurance that chips aren't being diverted from the Escape Hybrid models, so I just have to wonder.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, MyGreatEscape said:

As expected, I got another weekly bump from Ford. At this point, I am considering looking nationwide for an existing vehicle that means most of the specs of my retail order. There's no assurance that chips aren't being diverted from the Escape Hybrid models, so I just have to wonder.

 

The weekly bumps are frustrating.  I ordered an Escape PHEV in January.  In late March I received a scheduled build week for late April.  11 delays and counting so far.  Current scheduled build week of August 8.  Who knows how many additional delays there will be before it actually gets built.  I understand there are supply chain issues, but it would be nice if Ford could be a bit more accurate when estimating when they will be able to build the vehicle.  Presumably Ford sets a scheduled build week for the vehicle when they expect to have the parts necessary to build the vehicle.  And in my case (and many others), Ford has been wrong 11 times so far.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, MyGreatEscape said:

As expected, I got another weekly bump from Ford. At this point, I am considering looking nationwide for an existing vehicle that means most of the specs of my retail order. There's no assurance that chips aren't being diverted from the Escape Hybrid models, so I just have to wonder.

 

More likely are battery constraints as Escape FHEV, Escape PHEV, Corsair PHEV, Maverick FHEV, and I believe Mustang Mach-E and E-Transit all use the same LG Chem pouch cells.

 

As for the numerous delays, it genuinely feels like they rushed to get our orders on the schedule, and then week after week realize they still can't build it due to the constraints.  Are their projections that bad, or do they simply have no idea when they'll get enough parts to build these hybrids?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, j2sys said:

Are their projections that bad, or do they simply have no idea when they'll get enough parts to build these hybrids?


Pre pandemic they scheduled builds 4 weeks out and all the parts showed up.

 

As of a couple of months ago Ford was having supply chain issues with 37 different suppliers.  All it takes is one part that doesn’t show up on time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, akirby said:


Pre pandemic they scheduled builds 4 weeks out and all the parts showed up.

 

As of a couple of months ago Ford was having supply chain issues with 37 different suppliers.  All it takes is one part that doesn’t show up on time.

 

Understood.  It just seems at this point, they know they can't build them and are scheduling them anyway.  Infinite delays hoping that eventually they'll start getting more of the constrained powertrain components.

 

They also cut off retail orders for Maverick FHEV long before Escape FHEV/PHEV, even though they were already struggling to build hybrids.

Edited by j2sys

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×