The Ford Order Tracking System Is No Longer Available.  THANKS Cyberdman For Making Available All Of These Past Years.  More Here.

ice-capades

Ford Vehicle Ordering & Scheduling Process

On 8/6/2017 at 8:16 AM, ice-capades said:

· Dealer places order into the USOB (Unscheduled Order Bank)

· When Dealer has vehicle allocation for scheduling, orders are scheduled based on Order Type, Priority Code and commodity restrictions.

I ordered an Escape Titanium PHEV in Dec. 2021. Yesterday my dealer contacted me and said the order is at priority 02 and should be accepted soon for scheduling. However, I read the first 6 pages of this thread (it's long!) and I don't see anything about how an order would get set to priority 02.  It says dealers enter retail orders at priorities 10-19, and that priority code along with allocation, availability, etc. determine when it gets accepted for scheduling.

So what happened to my order, to cause it to be moved to priority 02? I don't understand what my dealer's telling me.

2 hours ago, MrCurvedLimos said:

I ordered an Escape Titanium PHEV in Dec. 2021. Yesterday my dealer contacted me and said the order is at priority 02 and should be accepted soon for scheduling. However, I read the first 6 pages of this thread (it's long!) and I don't see anything about how an order would get set to priority 02.  It says dealers enter retail orders at priorities 10-19, and that priority code along with allocation, availability, etc. determine when it gets accepted for scheduling.

So what happened to my order, to cause it to be moved to priority 02? I don't understand what my dealer's telling me.

Only Ford and the regional offices can assign priority codes 01 or 02 which are the best available. Orders with 01 or 02 priority codes receive the highest level of attention and consideration to help expedite scheduling. Commodity, plant and other restraints are still a factor but Ford makes every effort to make exceptions in order to get these orders scheduled.  

So there was some kind of priority changing event, don't necessarily know what, but it's a good thing, and it's not actually something the dealer did... That helps lend clarity to the situation. Thanks so much for the reply!

Does any one know what “in order processing” stage means?

ive got a vin assigned and a estimated build date from my dealer of late June - I’ve reached out to Ford directly to get some more info (I’m in Canada) and that’s the stage they’ve come back with!

they will be following up with more info but thought I’d ask here if this is a common stage that has a timeline?

21 minutes ago, S22abc said:

Does any one know what “in order processing” stage means?

ive got a vin assigned and a estimated build date from my dealer of late June - I’ve reached out to Ford directly to get some more info (I’m in Canada) and that’s the stage they’ve come back with!

they will be following up with more info but thought I’d ask here if this is a common stage that has a timeline?

"In Order Processing" is the "Primary" status for every unscheduled and/or scheduled order up until the vehicle goes into production. The "In Order Processing" status really doesn't mean anything as it's the "Secondary" status in the Vehicle Visibility reporting system that shows the actual production or shipping status. Your Dealer has 24/7 access to the Vehicle Visibility system and can confirm the scheduled production date and current order status. 

19 minutes ago, ice-capades said:

"In Order Processing" is the "Primary" status for every unscheduled and/or scheduled order up until the vehicle goes into production. The "In Order Processing" status really doesn't mean anything as it's the "Secondary" status in the Vehicle Visibility reporting system that shows the actual production or shipping status. Your Dealer has 24/7 access to the Vehicle Visibility system and can confirm the scheduled production date and current order status. 

Thanks Ice! That’s super helpful!

It's Tuesday night. Just received an update from Ford, that I am now bumped to July 18th production week. Had really hoped that silence meant a good thing, as I was scheduled for next week. At this rate, I expect I might get it by the 4th quarter if I'm lucky. So much for things improving. I don't think I want a 2023 model. I'm not impressed with the nose job recently revealed.

37 minutes ago, MyGreatEscape said:

It's Tuesday night. Just received an update from Ford, that I am now bumped to July 18th production week. Had really hoped that silence meant a good thing, as I was scheduled for next week. At this rate, I expect I might get it by the 4th quarter if I'm lucky. So much for things improving. I don't think I want a 2023 model. I'm not impressed with the nose job recently revealed.

My understanding is they have not scheduled anything for the first two weeks of July.  Therefore, it seems you got bumped to the next available week.

3 hours ago, Wundretti said:

My understanding is they have not scheduled anything for the first two weeks of July.  Therefore, it seems you got bumped to the next available week.

The plant is down the first two weeks of July.  Annual July 4 / summer shutdown.

See here: https://blueovalforums.com/forums/index.php?/topic/72412-plant-scheduled-down-weeks/&do=findComment&comment=1185606

Same here.  Was scheduled for next week, now pushed back to July 18.  7 delays totaling 9 weeks, and counting.  Beginning to wonder if I'm ever going to receive it. :)

Edited by j2sys

This is the 10th rescheduling for me. I was already aware of the plants being closed on the July 4th and 11th weeks. And I get the parts and chips constraints. By the time I get the 2022 year model, it will be a prior year model in just a few months after receiving it. That's if I get lucky.

19 minutes ago, MyGreatEscape said:

By the time I get the 2022 year model, it will be a prior year model

My biggest concern is just getting my truck... I don't care what year it is when I get it, I don't intend on selling it but if it's a huge concern of yours, you could just cancel this order and by an MY23 - not that this option wouldn't suck, just saying you have options 😉

What concerns me is that there have been comments under other posts that state that chips are being diverted from Escape production to build other vehicles. So, no idea if this is a chip shortage for all vehicles, or are we being passed over for more profitable vehicles.

You shouldn't believe everything you read on the internet. Unless you can quote a senior Ford employee stating that as fact, it's pure speculation on the part of eager customers waiting for their vehicles. I mean I wouldn't blame Ford for doing that - would certainly not be a great situation for those who ordered Escapes but would be great for those who ordered F150s 😁

I did not read those comments simply on the internet, but rather it was a post here at Blue Oval forums, within the last week or two. I know there may be some Ford employees that still post here, and that comment sounded as if it were from a Ford employee.

All good, reader beware is all I'm saying... the whole "grain of salt" thing...

It stands to reason if there aren’t enough widgets to go around that there has to be some kind of prioritization.  But not all modules are interchangeable.

I'm curious how the scheduling works, if a car with high priority (like 01 or 02) is waiting on multiple parts? Suppose you placed a retail order for a car with 2 features, say adaptive cruise control and a trailer hitch, and both are back ordered.  Now a shipment of trailer hitches comes in... Ford can build some cars that are waiting on trailer hitches, but they can't build yours because they don't have any ACC modules.

Then maybe a month later, some ACC modules come in. Now Ford can build some cars that are waiting on adaptive cruise control, but they can't build yours, because all the trailer hitches were used up by building a few weeks of cars with trailer hitches.

How does that work? Does Ford ever hold aside parts so that cars needing a variety of scarce parts can be built when the last part finally shows up? Or do they just keep reaching deeper into the backlog of orders and using every available part as soon as possible, while some cars fall through the cracks and never get built?